Profile for Cate > Reviews

Cate "Cate" (UK)

Toxic Mom Toolkit :  Discovering a Happy Life Despite Toxic Parenting
Toxic Mom Toolkit : Discovering a Happy Life Despite Toxic Parenting

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for adult children of difficult mothers, 16 Feb. 2014
This is a gem of a book, interesting, well written, full of humour and humanity. It helped me enormously to come to terms with my difficult childhood. I can't recommend it highly enough!

Frugal Stuff that Works: Real Life advice from the ladies of our Forum
Frugal Stuff that Works: Real Life advice from the ladies of our Forum

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and entertaining, 22 Jan. 2014
This is a lovely e-book to dip into or read all at once, it is full of very useful tips and even a long term frugal fan like me could find new suggestion to put into practice. Thank you and well done on a really good book for the people!

Thrifty Ways For Modern Days
Thrifty Ways For Modern Days
by Martin Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little lifestyle guide, 12 Dec. 2006
I have bought this book because I frequent the Old Style forum where all the tips have been taken to compile the book. I thought I would know them all, but to my surprise I am finding great new tips at almost every page.

This book is refreshing and gives truly useful hints on how to reduce one's expenses without reducing quality of life, it is not prescriptive and the style is light and funny, like other Martin Lewis books.

I also love it that Martin is donating all proceeds to charity as he acknowledges that the book is the result of collective wisdom.

Great read altogether, not only useful but fun!

Caterina (an Old Styler)