Profile for Paul O'DONNELL > Reviews

Content by Paul O'DONNELL

Paul O'DONNELL (Liverpool, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2
Jumbo Storemaster Crate/Lid Red 374345
Jumbo Storemaster Crate/Lid Red 374345
Offered by Office Monster

2.0 out of 5 stars Very brittle, 4 Aug. 2014
Very brittle, falling apart and chipped after a few months. Not suitable for anything but the most gentle of use.

KPI Glow in the Dark Noctilucent Transparent TPU+PC Case for HTC One M7 (Red)
KPI Glow in the Dark Noctilucent Transparent TPU+PC Case for HTC One M7 (Red)

4.0 out of 5 stars No glow, but excellent fit., 4 Aug. 2014
It does not glow in the dark, one little bit, but it is the best fitting case I've ever had, and I quite like how the headphone and USB ports have plugs in them. Sometimes I grumble at having to pick at the plug to get the USB in, but overall I prefer it being there.

TeckNet 306BTL Bluetooth Wireless Mouse- With Battery Indicator - 2000/1500/1000dPi - Black
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 4 Aug. 2014
I have had no issues with this mouse. For the price point build is excellent, and usability has been spot on. Any connectivity issues have been down to Windows 8 on the laptop.

Akasa AK-CBUB19-10BK USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 Adapter Cable
Akasa AK-CBUB19-10BK USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 Adapter Cable

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but could be slightly longer, 21 April 2014
Hard to review a cable that plugs in and does one job, other than to say, it worked. However, I had to be economical with the routing, as it would have been too short to route it to be tidy.

Aten HDMI EDID Emulator, VC080-AT
Aten HDMI EDID Emulator, VC080-AT
Offered by Marktplatz-Deal

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely useless bit of kit, 20 April 2014
The only way to connect to this device to program it, is via a RS232 connection. I have not seen a serial port on a PC in about 10 years. Why on one hand make a HDMI device (very current), and then decide to control it via an obsolete interface? Totally defies logic.

The instruction leaflet that comes with it, is as useless as the device, only giving the very briefest description of the device, and next to no instructions. It tells you what all the modes are, but not how to use them or access them.

Thirdly, it just does not work. I plugged it into a monitor, copied the EDID, and then plugged a laptop into the Aten unit. configured the laptop for two displays, and dragged a window on the second display. I then unplugged the Aten from the display, and the laptop immediately lost the display and moved the window back to the laptop screen.

So I ask, what is the point of this? And when you consider the price, you would expect a far higher level of quality and documentation.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2015 11:45 PM GMT

Kenneth Cole Men's Quartz Watch with Grey Dial Analogue Display and Black Leather Strap KC1896

5.0 out of 5 stars Better looking than the photos, 25 Dec. 2013
I only just got this, this last week, so I cannot talk of longevity, but first impressions are excellent. Build is excellent, quality is more than acceptable for it's RRP. Considering I paid 60% less than RRP makes me even happier. The gold is far more shiny than the photo shows, and it is an excellent size face. The strap is well finished and genuine leather with a crocodile scale finish, but subtle with it. Timekeeping seems spot on, so far. I am more than pleased.

Beats by Dr. Dre Pill 2.0 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Black
Beats by Dr. Dre Pill 2.0 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful sound for the price, 25 Dec. 2013
I am not one for buying earphones and speakers without having heard them first, so I really struggle for replacement equipment. Taking risks on particular brands with previous excellent track records. However, each and every time I have had the chance to try any Beats equipment, I have always been massively disappointed. The Pill is no exception. The best description for the sound is "flat" the range is very limited, the bass is meh, the high end unclear. So it surprises me that they are charging as much as they are for something so poor. The Jawbone Jambox is half the price and twice the quality. The Bose soundlink is the same price as the Pill and performs better still than the Jawbone. For me, the Pill would have to have a RRP of about £30 to make it comparable on a price/quality graph that included the Bose and the Jawbone. For me Beats, even with Dre's help are generally mediocre at best, and vastly overpriced. I also tried a high end pair of over the ear headphones, considering they were priced at £160, they were only on a par with a £60 pair of Sony or Sennheiser equivalents. I think Beats are successful, because we now live in a sealed blister packaging world, and they have an image that is attractive to kids. If we still lived in a world, where shops would have one of everything out on display and testable, I am sure they would not be anywhere near as ubiquitous as they currently are.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2014 8:45 PM BST

Doctor Who: The Complete Box Set - Series 1-7 [Blu-ray]
Doctor Who: The Complete Box Set - Series 1-7 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Christopher Eccleston

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip-off Britain strikes again, 10 Nov. 2013
Let me see, you are paying £167 just for the Blu-rays. Yet on Amazon.com, they have the same box, which includes an extra disc, the sonic screwdriver Universal remote control (listed on Amazon UK for £56.77) and a comic and some art-cards, all for $300 or £187, so for an extra £20 you get an extra £70-80 worth of stuff.

Needless to say, the Americans are delighted with the box, while over here, we are supposed to get ripped off for some old rope.

Vote with your cash and don't buy. Or the Beeb with think they can dish out any old tat and fans will pay for it.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2013 10:40 AM GMT

The Great Gatsby [2013]
The Great Gatsby [2013]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Offered by brrsales

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Great Gatsby / Harry Potter crossover, I've been waiting for all my life!, 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby [2013] (DVD)
Ever since I was a little baby I had loved the Great Gatsby & Harry Potter books, even though I only understood 5% of the words I still loved them with my entire being, although the universe lacked a crossover. Every night I would pray for a book or film where this would happen. And even though it took a while I nearly pee peed myself when I saw this while browsing Amazon. This is something I will leave to my grandchildren in my will.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2013 11:19 PM BST

C.K Magma Technicians Tool Case
C.K Magma Technicians Tool Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly great, but not quite, 18 Sept. 2013
The concept is perfect, the material is perfect, however I have a couple of niggles about this bag. The first is the side panel zips. To get the sides down, requires you to unzip the zips all the way around. Easy enough, however, it's a bit more awkward doing the reverse. The material around the base of the zips is a bit baggy, and the panel itself is fairly rigid, so trying to get them to marry up to close the zip can be a slightly drawn out, with wiggling and waggling.

The diagonal zip on the front is pointless. I can't think of anything you can put in there. What are you going to do, slide papers up into the pale grey section, and then stuff them around the bottom section to get them in? It is totally pointless, and I can't see why they thought it would be a good idea.

They call it a technician's tool case, but one of the side sections looks like it was made for a spanner set. The picture shows it full of screwdrivers, but I'm not convinced, as they are very tight, and who really has a set of screwdrivers that go from big to small like that?

But all being said, I got this for work, and I may get another one for home.

Page: 1 | 2