Profile for Blue Lotus > Reviews

Content by Blue Lotus

Blue Lotus

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gotu kola (Centella asiatica) * 1 PLANT * NEW!
Gotu kola (Centella asiatica) * 1 PLANT * NEW!

5.0 out of 5 stars I always wanted a Gotu Kola plant :), 21 Jun. 2017
Lovely plant! I am over the moon with it :) Let's hope it will grow and recover from the journey, it is looking a bit exhausted, poor thing.

Biona Organic Coconut Milk 400 ml (Pack of 6)
Biona Organic Coconut Milk 400 ml (Pack of 6)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed. Used to be a great product but now it is thin and possibly has emulsifiers added, 14 May 2017
This coconut milk used to be great, thick and with a solid and a liquid part like a natural coconut milk should be. However, it seems they changed the formula because now the entire can is just thin liquid, it is pretty much like cow milk in texture and completely useless if you want to whip it or use it in baking. Also, if there is really no emulsifier added, how come there is no solid part anymore and it doesn't separate? Is it because there is now so little fat in it left?

Premium Organic Whole Leaf Jiaogulan Gynostemma Herbal Tea - 100g
Premium Organic Whole Leaf Jiaogulan Gynostemma Herbal Tea - 100g
Offered by Na'vi Organics

5.0 out of 5 stars mmmmmmhh it's tea time, 21 Feb. 2017
This tea has a lovely smooth and delicate flavor...I find it tastes best if you use only around half a teaspoon of leaves. I drink around three cups a day and it makes me feel good . I think I will continue drinking this...

Update: Four months later and I am still enjoying this tea on a daily basis. I drink 2 cups a day usually, and I just realized I need to buy a new pack, so the 100g pack lasts for a long time!

Tuningforkshop 50 Hz Nerve Tuning Fork For Healing With Activator,Pouch
Tuningforkshop 50 Hz Nerve Tuning Fork For Healing With Activator,Pouch
Offered by Tuningforkshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tuning Fork, 10 April 2016
Powerful tuning fork, arrived quickly from India. Very long tone with a range of overtones.

Ultimate Slanket - Purple Sleeved blanket with Sleeves
Ultimate Slanket - Purple Sleeved blanket with Sleeves
Offered by Findmeagift

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect antidote to cold and frosty winter days, 16 Mar. 2016
If you live in Britain and are one of those people who are always cold, you need this blanket. It is super-warm and cosy, and I don't know how I ever made it through the winters here before, since I always seem to end up living in places where the landlord tries to save money by not heating enough. Since I have this thing I am staying warm!

Calendula Oil Infusion 100ml
Calendula Oil Infusion 100ml
Offered by The Aromatherapy Shop Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Careful - quality not consistent, 26 Feb. 2016
I bought this oil previously and was quite happy with it. I used it once for oil pulling when I had an infected tooth and it had a characteristic, bitter taste (Calendula is very bitter due to its flavonoids). However, when I did the "taste test" with the newly purchased oil, it tasted just like plain old sunflower oil - not a hint of Calendula. I therefore highly doubt that there is enough Calendula extract in it to be medicinally effective, if it contains any at all.

P.s. I do not recommend doing the "taste test" yourself...this oil is not made for internal use and God knows in what equipment they do the extraction process.

* Ethically Sourced* from the Arganeraie Unesco Biosphere Reserve Of SW Morrocco. Premium Organic Argan Oil, Pure, Cold Pressed & Certified Organic. For Hair, Nails and Skin (50ml) ...
Offered by Collingwood Organics

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes my skin incredibly soft, 21 Feb. 2016
I have tried several brands of Argan oil throughout the years after realizing that they are definitely not all the same in texture and in smell as well as in the effects they provided. They were all certified organic, cold pressed and supposedly 100% pure. All of them had a thicker texture than this one and one smelled very odd. I used to think these are just differences in where they come from, but now I am starting to think that most brands out there are fake Argan oils or at least mixed with other, cheaper oils. The reason I feel this way is mostly because of the effect that I am experiencing with this Argan oil. Firstly, it doesn't make my skin one bit oily, it absorbs very rapidly. Secondly, and most of importantly, my skin gets so soft, silky and smooth after applying it that I can't stop touching my face. It have the softest baby-skin I have had in years. This is the most expensive Argan oil that I have tried so far, but since there seem to be so many sellers selling fake-stuff out there, it is worth paying a premium. Price doesn't always guarantee authenticity but with this oil, judging from the smell, texture and effect, I am 99% sure that this is the real thing.

Plant Intelligence and the Imaginal Realm: Beyond the Doors of Perception into the Dreaming of Earth
by Stephen Harrod Buhner

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredibly important book, 8 May 2015
I just finished reading this book and I am already missing its company. Reading this book was like going on a journey, a journey deep inside myself and into the heart of the Earth. Honestly, I don't remember the last time a book captivated me like this one did. While reading it I felt like I was transported into another world, a world full of mystery and wonder, a world that seemed so far away from the mundane everyday-happenings around me and yet I knew that all this was taking part around me at this very moment. The book fills you with a sense of awe of being alive on this beautiful planet, it makes you feel like a child again, fascinated by the world and wanting to engage with it and explore it.
Even though I have enjoyed this book immensely, I can't say that I agree with all of Stephen Buhner's opinions. At one point he states that the current state of the earth, the environmental destruction etc. is simply a "season" of the earth, part of a cycle. It is, according to him, "autumn" now and earth is decomposing and decaying, but spring will come again and all will be well again. Hm. I don't know, maybe I need to expand my mind, but to me, the environmental crisis that the earth is in at the moment isn't "natural" or "meant to be".
Despite this, I would recommend this book without hesitation. It isn't for everyone though - if you are someone who believes that humans are "above" every other being on Earth and unwilling to change your thinking, this book will probably just upset you. You are, as Buhner sais, probably better off reading Dawkins.
But for all those with an open heart and mind who feel a deep connection with the Earth and who know that we humans are only a small part of a much bigger story: Get this book and enjoy the journey!

Hollie Cook
Hollie Cook
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth reggae that is refreshingly original..., 27 April 2015
This review is from: Hollie Cook (Audio CD)
Mellow reggae music with a sweet and suave voice...what do you want more...Hollie's music is kind of dreamy, very laid back, feels organic and is like a fresh breeze on a hot summer's day. She is definitely doing her own thing, I haven't really heard anyone who sounds like her, and this is a good thing because her music shines and will fill you up with good vibes.

Drain Weasel Drain & Plughole Cleaning Brush
Drain Weasel Drain & Plughole Cleaning Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars It works! You will be surprised what is in your drain..., 2 Mar. 2015
The sink in my shower has been draining slowly for MONTHS, to the point where i cannot take any showers for more than a few minutes, otherwise the whole bathroom will overflow. It is very frustrating and I have tried to remedy the problem with 90% sulphuric acid as well as the silverline blast unblocker. The sulphuric acid didnt do anything at al, the silverline unblocker made it flow better for about a day, then it was back to the old stagnant mess. I didnt have too much hope for this thing, but I wanted to give it a try: Inserted the weasel all the way into the shower drain and turned the handle a few times. Pulled it back out and...wow...unbelievable what sits down there rotting in the drain. I am surprised i still have any hair on my head after seeing huge hairball i pulled out. I am also puzzled why the sulphuric acid didnt dissolve it...doesnt sulphuric acid dissolve pretty much everything organic? Anyways...I was thinking about putting a picture of the hairball on here to show what this weasel is capable of but i think i will spare you. Drain is clear, water is flowing again!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3