Profile for Cmjscothern > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
NEW PROFESSIONAL PAINT MAX ZOOM SPRAY SPRAYER SYSTEM
NEW PROFESSIONAL PAINT MAX ZOOM SPRAY SPRAYER SYSTEM

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy, wasteful and messy., 7 July 2011
I bought one of these because I believed all the hype. In the demonstration videos on You Tube it looked so quick and easy to paint a room. What they don't show you is all the fiddly preparation that has to be done before you get to the point of painting.
You will have to dilute most emulsion paints using a paint kettle. That means more mess and waste of paint slopping it into the paint container itself. This in itself is ridiculously small and you are forever topping it up. Also in the videos they show happy folk painting light coloured walls dark. Try painting magnolia white and your arm will have dropped off before it is covered. And as for the noise, it is incredibly loud. Forget any idea of listening to Radio 2 as you paint away, you won't even hear the phone when stood next to it. When you carry it to reach higher points the motor get very hot making you hot too. Then the air hose has a tendency to come out and whip you across the chops.
In the end I packed it back into it's box and dumped it in the dustbin.
In the 2 hours that I had used it I had gone through 2.5 litres of emulsion to paint a small broom cupboard. The effect was either too much paint or not enough despite adjusting the airflow. I was covered in paint at the end. The kitchen was covered in paint and the broom cupboard was patchy and finished off with a paintbrush and the gentle sounds of Bach.
Maybe I got bought a bad one but it is a cheap nasty gimmick that takes longer to assemble and even longer to clean than it does to crack a tin of paint and dip your brush.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 9:40 PM BST

BT Paragon 550 Telephone Answering Machine - White
BT Paragon 550 Telephone Answering Machine - White

1.0 out of 5 stars The most irritating phone made., 17 Dec. 2010
I bought this phone when I was a BT customer. I wanted it in black. It wasn't until they had sent me 2 that they said it is only available in white.

The worst thing about this is the ring tones. Apart from being too soft and easily missed, only one of them is bearable enough to be used. The others are violent, agressive type ring tones that irritate like hell. They go from a tuneless, strangled accordian noise to a continous ring tone that has you racing to the phone and screaming "HELLO!!". Not one of the tones is a traditional bell. Polyphonic tones blend into the background especially if you are listening to music. Leave them for the mobiles and not the home enviroment.

Another reason I bought it was for the hands free speaker. A waste of time because nobody can hear you when you use it. It really is poor quality product.

Wild & Wolf Dreyfuss 500 Phone - Chrome
Wild & Wolf Dreyfuss 500 Phone - Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars A proper telephone, 16 Dec. 2010
I bought this telephone to replace a BT Paragon 550, the most irritating, poorly designed phone of all time. I chose the black version instead of the chrome one because I could see myself polishing finger marks off it all the time. That is me being a fidget.

The phone has a solid feel with a handset that is nicely balanced. The volume to hear callers is adjustable and the sound very clear. When it rings, it does ring and not some awful polyphonic tinkles that are too soft, blend into the background sound and just irritate the hell out of you.

It has a hash and star key, will redial last number and sounds superb. I have it linked to a Truecall answer machine so I know that any call is for me.

It is a grown up phone for people who like real phones and some toy.

Southwell Inns and Alehouses
Southwell Inns and Alehouses
by Dobson Roger

5.0 out of 5 stars A southwell pub crawl, 15 Oct. 2010
When I first started drinking in Southwell in 1975, there was 13 pubs. Today, there are only 10. The ones that have closed are the Grapes at Westhorpe, The Shoulder of Mutton and the Portland.

This is why I am so delighted with this book to see all the old photographs of the pubs and the characters that drank in them. I especially remember Arthur Merrin ( the pig man ) who collected all the food scraps for his pigs. The photograph on page 39 has my mother ( Doreen Garratt aged 12 )outside the George and Dragon, at the back holding a small child. His name was Derek Bowes and became a journalist on the Newark Advertiser. For many years the George and Dragon had odd front windows. My mother cracked one playing marbles.

If you are a local to Southwell and pronouce it " Southwell " as opposed to " Suth'ell " you will find this book fascinating with its photographs of long gone familiar faces, pubs that were pubs and not drinking barns. The author has even sited long demolished pubs that I never knew existed. It is an excellent read and many thanks to Vincent Johnson Cooper for providing many of the photographs.

A wonderful book that I am being badgered to lend which I am loathed to do!

Whistle and Black Lanyard - size One Size
Whistle and Black Lanyard - size One Size
Offered by Shamz

5.0 out of 5 stars debt collectors beware, 27 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Whistle and Black Lanyard (Toy)
I bought this to discourage debt collectors from pestering me for someone elese's debts. Having exhausted the options of ringing them and explaining only to be contacted again 5 minutes later, I needed to resort to drastic action.

Needless to say, it worked. One short, sharp blast and I have never heard from them again. It's a pity it had to come to such measures when they chose to harass me constantly day and night.

Stellar SY13 100 cm Hanging Rack with 12 Hooks
Stellar SY13 100 cm Hanging Rack with 12 Hooks
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and good looking, 27 Sept. 2010
I bought this bar to hang my pots and pans on as space is limited in my kitchen. The bar was very easy to assemble and fix to the wall. I had fitted it in the time it took my mate to eat all my homemade biscuits. He was supposed to be helping. I thought he was quiet!

It arrived promptly and well packaged. I'm pleased with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2014 11:45 AM GMT

Present Time Leitmotiv Table Lamp, Spotlight Blue and White
Present Time Leitmotiv Table Lamp, Spotlight Blue and White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little lamp at a great price, 17 Aug. 2010
This lamp arrived promptly, fits in perfect with my bedroom and is excellent to read by at night without disturbing my partner.Brilliant price too for such a quality lamp.
There was no bulb with it, but a quick trip to Wilkinson's saw me buying 2 30w reflector lamps for £1-06. One is working every night and one spare.

You Better Go Now / When Your Heart's On Fire
You Better Go Now / When Your Heart's On Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Jeri, 17 Aug. 2010
This album is brilliant. If you know Jeri Southern and you haven't got this, then buy it. Her breathy voice, her excellent piano playing are worth every penny. Tp paraphrase Jeri: I'd better go now...

Four Classic Albums Plus (Blossom Dearie/Blossom Dearie Plays For Dancing/Give Him The Ooh-La-La/Once Upon A Summertime) [Audio CD] Blossom Dearie
Offered by Music-Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars What happened Blossom?, 17 Aug. 2010
I was really looking forward to this album. Some parts of it are good like the first album and the third. The others are to believe that they are Blossom Dearie at all. The second album ' Blossom Plays for Dancing ' is something you'd hear on a cheap holiday to Portugal when you have too many libations. Where is the slow, personal jazz that Blossom is so famous for? I skip this part.

There is another album that I am looking at to purchase from Blossom. It has the slow tracks that I like so well. It is called ' May I come in '.

Bentley Deluxe Floor Squeezy Mop Ref HLHIMOP04
Bentley Deluxe Floor Squeezy Mop Ref HLHIMOP04

1.0 out of 5 stars A flop of a mop, 19 Jan. 2010
I bought one of these to wash the floors in my 1 bed roomed flat. It's not a huge flat and half of it is carpeted. For the first couple of washes, it seemed OK, but then it started coming apart along the line of hinges. They are designed upside down so when you are squeezing the mop out, you are pushing to opening the hinges. And of course they do open so you have to then get hold of the dirty mop end to close the thing together. After several more washes and it constantly doing this, the 4 round clips on top of the head, visible in the photograph, start popping open meaning the sponge falls off. What should be a quick flick around the floor before going to bed now is an half hour job where you spend most of that time with your hands in a bucket of dirty water trying to assemble a self destructive mop.

It is simply a poor design and there is no reason whatsover to put the hinges that fold to squeeze the mop in the position that they are. If they were hinged from the top the thing would stay together as you would be squeezing it closed rather than open.

Do not waste your money on it. You'll only end up putting it across your knee like I did and dumping it in the bin.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3