Profile for TheLittleSquidge > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Couple Next Door
The Couple Next Door
by Shari Lapena

3.0 out of 5 stars Written for younger readers - immature language and story progression, 4 Oct. 2017
This review is from: The Couple Next Door (Paperback)
I found the language very basic, as though the book was written for someone aged around 10.

The twists were unfortunately predictable and the story progression again suited to younger readers.

The ending felt desperate and not fitting with the rest of the book.

I think I have read far too many thrillers to enjoy this.

Fitness Tracker, Letscom Fitness Tracker Watch with Slim Touch Screen and Wristbands, Wearable Activity Tracker as Pedometer Sleep Monitor, Pink
Offered by WISEMAN_EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 13 Sept. 2017
Does the job.

Alarms work perfectly.

Battery lasts a week.

Steps roughly match what my iPhone records.

Don't waste money on another brand!

The 5th Wave [DVD] [2016]
The 5th Wave [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Chloë Grace Moretz
Offered by Bee-Entertained

1.0 out of 5 stars If you have read the book: AVOID!!!!!!!, 13 Sept. 2017
This review is from: The 5th Wave [DVD] [2016] (DVD)
I didn't realise quite how much I had enjoyed the book until I saw thw film, and watched the beauty of the book being utterly destroyed.

Very important parts of the plot were left out (spoilers), such as:
- Cassie didn't promise Sams she would get to him after she is DENIED access to the bus for being too old. A promise that tears her apart and makes her go on a suicide mission so that she doesn't break it.
- The Wonderland technology is leftout, which makes me question why they shot Zombie? The shoorting was to get him on high intensity drugs asap so to delay Wonderland.
- The struggle the teams go through, which makes them bond and stand united during war.
- The falling in love Cassie and the under-hunky actor end up in, and the difficult, questioning journey to it.
- Cassie shaving her hair to look younger, to gain access to Camp Haven.
- Evan's insider knowledge given to Cassie so she knows how to get through Camp Haven successfully without being downloaded onto the Wonderland technology.
- The horror that is a provoked attack on the original camp, that kills Cassie's Father - the book portrayed this as completely unprovoked, which made you constantly question who was good or bad.
- The army unit killing their own trainer as he was the sniper!
- Etc.

I think a series was needed instead to fit everything in. Rick Yancey cannot be happy with the film - surely? The film left me feeling unconvinced and empty. They shouldn't have bothered!

Poweradd Pilot X7 20,000mAh Portable Universal External Power Bank, Red-Black
Poweradd Pilot X7 20,000mAh Portable Universal External Power Bank, Red-Black
Offered by Poweradd

5.0 out of 5 stars Will it ever be empty!, 2 Jun. 2017
Bought this for a festival - amazing!

Please be aware it is rather heavy. Much heavier than I anticipated. However, it is slim.

However, I've used it so many times and it still isn't needing a charge!

It charges very quickly too.

Savisto Professional 32 Piece Make Up Brush Set with Luxury Leather Effect Carry Case & Stylish Gift Box
Offered by SAVISTO

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 2 Jun. 2017
My sister is a makeup pro and says the brushes are very soft.

Inflatable Lounger Sofa Sleeping Bag,OUTAD Compression Air Beds,Portable Chair,Air Mattresses Beds.Ideal For Lounging, Camping, Beach, Fishing, Kids, Chilling, Parties, Swimming Pools, Camping And More. (Black)
Offered by GetBeauty-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fill multiple times with little movements!, 2 Jun. 2017
SO EASY TO INFLATE - MY INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!

I ordered the purple one and it arrived today.

I was worried as I had seen reviews saying it's impossible to inflant. However, I think this is because people are trying to fill it with one motion (just like my husband did!).

I filled it in no time, with about 4-10 small motions.

HOW I FILLED IT:
I held it in front of me with my arms outstretched and pulled it towards me, promptly closing the hole to stop any air escaping. Each pull takes about 2 seconds and you don't need to spin or step. Repeat this.

We had a quick lay on it and quickly realised it needs flat grass or you roll off. Maybe we hadn't filled it up quite enough though!

For the second use I realised it's a much better bed than seat. My sausage dog and I are currently having a nice lie down while my husband tried to catch a fish.

Too much movement makes you bob around like you're on water.

For the price, I am super impressed.

Penpal
Penpal
by Dathan Auerbach

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, thrilling and surprising, 23 May 2017
This review is from: Penpal (Paperback)
This book really wasn't what I thought it would be.

It is a thriller, with a lot of heart-stopping moments!

The book is short and kept me interested throughout.

The story is told as memories, which are well written and clear.

If you like twists, you will like this.

Arctic Blast [DVD]
Arctic Blast [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Shanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Did they even google diabetes!?, 19 May 2017
This review is from: Arctic Blast [DVD] (DVD)
First off, the acting is terrible. Shockingly bad.

The concept is good, but they have made the plot so predictable and such a cliche.

In regards to the attack of diabetes a female has - did they even google what diabetes is!?

I am a type 1 diabetic, I have suffered with a lack of insulin and the portrayal is 100% inaccurate - you don't "just faint".

In reality you will be desperately thirsty, pee every twenty minutes and then you will begin vomiting every time you move, while being pinned to bed by a chronic headache.

It is also worth noting this will usually take far longer than 48 hours from your last dose - especially if you eat nothing, which she says she has done.

Also lack of insulin, yet she asks the lead man to bring her two chocolate bars in with him? That's lucky he totally forgot . . . isn't it?
No insulin + sugar = uh-oh!

If she was anywhere near death, she would not have been happily working at a desk ten minutes before. Trust me!

How on earth did the male charachter know what insulin to grab when he popped out? There are 14 different types currently used and the wrong one would have a disastrous effect.

Why on earth did the insulin pen come out of the pack with a needle on? Is that clever cinematics because they totally forgot he would need to grab needles (pen tips) too?

Why didn't he remove the excess air in the needle before the first use?

How did he know how much to inject?

This is not only completely innacurate, but someone who has not been trained by a medical professional should never administer insulin, making the film also very dangerous for viewers!

Never, EVER, ever give anyone insulin - they usually need the opposite when collapsing!

Anker Lightning to USB iPhone Cable 3ft / 0.9m High Life Span Cable with Compact Connector Head for iPhone 7 / 6s / 6 / SE / 5s and More (White)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 1 Jan. 2017
I was getting through ten cheap 99p chargers a year, but this is very strong and has lasted ages.

If I totted up the cost of cheap chargers vs buying one of these, then one of these is definitely the cheaper option. Plus less waste!

Body Stroke Claw Tickler Back Massager Therapy
Body Stroke Claw Tickler Back Massager Therapy

5.0 out of 5 stars I love having my back tickled, 1 Jan. 2017
My poor husband doesn't love having to do it!

This feels really great and makes tickling a simple backwards and forwards motion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6