Profile for Nigel Dixon > Reviews

Content by Nigel Dixon

Nigel Dixon

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Style4U Motorola Moto G (3Rd Gen) Case, Premium Pu Leather Stand Wallet Case With Id Credit Card / Cash Slots With 1 Stylus [Black]
Offered by Style4UCases-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars A well fitting case, with one small problem., 22 July 2016
The case looks great, fits perfectly, and should give years of service. I have just one small comment...When using the camera to take photos using the flash, the thickness of the case at the rear causes the light from the flash to interfere with the lens, making the photos quite foggy. So it's only possible to take flash photos with the phone out its case. This is a problem affects most phone cases, that really needs to be addressed by the makers.

TP-LINK TL-SF1005D Five Port 10/100 Mbps Unmanaged Desktop Switch
TP-LINK TL-SF1005D Five Port 10/100 Mbps Unmanaged Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Set it and forget it......this 5 port unit works great and won't let you down!, 19 July 2016
Whenever I buy a PC network accessory for my home network, as soon as I take it out of the box it's clear to see that TP Link take the utmost pride in what they make. Their products always look and feel like they're built to a very high standard, and they always work with the minimum of setting up. The instructions are in clear English, and whatever the product, it works perfectly doing exactly what it's meant to do!

This 5 port network switch comes with a power adapter, all that's necessary is to connect network items to it such as blueray players, TVs and digiboxes, etc, to it, then plug in a network cable the goes to the broadband router and that it, all the units can be online at the same time with absolutely no noticeable drop in speed or quality. Then forget about it in the knowledge that it'll sit there doing its job for as long as it's needed! Just one important thing to remember...it's a five port box, but one of those five ports needs to be connected to the router, so in effect four units will connect to the internet, all at the same time.

Multi-cable 5 pack Cat5e cables multi coloured - 1 meter - UTP - CCA + 50 cable ties
Offered by AccessFox

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality network leads and ties, at a fantastic price!, 19 July 2016
I've been making do with my supply of network patch cable for years. Long ones, short ones, old ones, but however I tried the end result was always a tangled mess of behind the TV and the same spaghetti like mass around my router!

So I thought I'd give this multi-cable pack of one meter leads a try. They arrived much faster than expected, but were packed in a way that they could be pushed through my letterbox. They're perfect for use anywhere a short patch lead is needed, and most importantly, the quality of the lead and end connectors is extremely good. Now when I look over to the back of the TV I see neatly coiled colour coded cables, all secured with the little colour matching cable ties! A job well done, and my wife will now have to think of something else to keep reminding me I have to do!

Waterproof Pet Electric Heating Blanket
Waterproof Pet Electric Heating Blanket

4.0 out of 5 stars A low priced blanket that your pets will love!, 15 May 2016
This is the fourth of this make of pet electric blanked we've bought through Amazon, although it's the first waterproof type we've bought. The waterproof blanket is exactly the same as the standard version, only it has a waterproof plastic covering. Being used in pet beds, these electric blankets get lots of rough treatment, which is the reason why we have bought four of them...we only use a blanket for a maximum of one year then throw it away, It might appear to be in good condition, but it's our responsibility to keep our pets safe, so better safe than sorry.
The blankets are made for the Chinese home market and come with a Chinese standard plug fitted. The previous blankets we purchased came complete with a Chinese to UK adaptor plug, but this latest one did not, but they are readily available as World travel plugs. China uses the same mains voltage and 50Hz prequency as Europe, so no problems there. There's a control unit built into the power cable, which has three settings...off...medium heat...full heat. We have always found full heat to be too hot and so have only ever used the half heat setting.
Our Cairn Terrier has arthritic back legs, so we always keep her bed warm by having an electric blanked placed under the bottom cushion, permanently turn on at half heat. She gets massive relief from the pain of her arthritis without needing painkillers, and can walk normally whenever she's been resting in her bed.
I would have given five stars if the heated blanket had come with English instructions and labelling on the control unit, but overall it's a good product at an unbelievably low price.

Mbuynow® 1900mAh New Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3 mini I8190
Mbuynow® 1900mAh New Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3 mini I8190
Offered by sanzoom

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the original battery supplied with phone...but a fraction of the price!, 13 May 2016
I ordered this battery as a replacement for the original Samsung battery supplied with my wife's phone. For the first couple of charges the new battery only appeared to last as long as the worn out one it had just replaced, but by the third charge it was absolutely fine and lasting just as long as the Samsung original when it was supplied new with the phone.

She's been using it for about a month now and even with lots of talk times used, it's still showing at least 50% charged when it's plugged in at bedtime to charge overnight.

4 x HP Combo Pack Compatible 364XL Ink Cartridges -NEW SHOWS INK LEVELS- To Replace HP364 printer inks cartridge (Contains: 1x Large Black,1x Cyan, 1x Magenta, 1x Yellow) for HP Photosmart 5510, 5511, 5512, 5514, 5515, 5520, 5522, 5524, 6510, 6512, 6515, 6520, 7515, B010a, B109a, B109d, B109f, B109n, B110a, B110c, B110e, HP Photosmart Plus B209a, B209c, B210a, B210c, B210d, HP Deskjet 3070A, 3520, 3522, 3524, Officejet 4610, 4620 High capacity...Global Toners
Offered by Global Toners

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, Great service, Top quality results!, 11 May 2016
The pack of cartridges arrived much sooner than expected, after only 3 days. They were well packaged and easily pushed through the letterbox. I've printed some high quality A4 photos and the result is just as good as with original HP ink. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and will definitely re-order when these get low.

STYLEYOURMOBILE {TM} SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 III MINI i8190 VARIOUS DESIGN CARD POCKET HOLDER PU LEATHER MAGNETIC FLIP CASE COVER POUCH + FREE STYLUS (Multi Dog Cat Paw Foot)
Offered by Style Your Mobile Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars A great case that's well made...as long as the dog doesn't eat it!, 30 April 2016
This is the third case I've bought for my wife's Galaxy S3 Mini from this seller, and we're hoping it's third time lucky that our 8 month old pup doesn't try to eat this one!
The case fits perfectly, and as it's a 'flip down' type, the phone is always easy to use without being hindered by the case. It's also available in many colours and designs, so there's bound to be the perfect case whatever style you're looking for.

Bluetooth Headphones, Vansky® Streamline Series Bluetooth Headset Noise Cancelling Headphones w/ Microphone Running, Sports, Gym Sweatproof Wireless Earphones for iPhone, Samsung, Android Mobile Phones (Green)
Offered by Vansky Official

1.0 out of 5 stars Great sound without the messy cable......If only it worked!, 9 April 2016
I was sick of replacing my wired headphones as our puppy kept finding them and chewing through the cable! These Bluetooth in the ear headphones fit the bill nicely and tick all the boxes as far as quality and ease of operation goes. But that was back in march, and now the headset won't charge but instead gets really hot......I mean dangerously hot! But as five months have now passed since I received it, I can't simply send it back for replacement as faulty and it's practically impossible to work through the minefield of lengthy text in order to return it for repair or replacement!

The headset sounds great when it works......Will somebody please tell me how to get it fixed or changend

Luxury premium Leather wallet mobile stand case cover for Moto G 3rd Gen Generation
Offered by Suprizebox

5.0 out of 5 stars A top quality case for a great phone., 20 Mar. 2016
The wallet is a perfect fit for my Son's Moto G 3rd generation. It's made from real, high quality leather and looks much more expensive than it was. I'll be changing my mobile soon and will definitely buy a case from this seller.

MStar Ruggedized Braided Nylon 10ft/3M Micro USB Data Sync Cable Charging Cord for Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Galexy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X(Blue)
Offered by MrStar

5.0 out of 5 stars A professional quality cable fit for any task., 18 Mar. 2016
My son goes through micro USB leads like they're going out of fashion! So I decided to give this ruggedized variety a try. I ordered three...one each and one spare for when he broke his. But I have to say that the leads are holding up extremely well to my son's constant practice of screwing up his cable and carrying it around in his pocket when he's not using it, them managing to create half a dozen knots in it when he unravels it to use it again!

I can't fault the leads that I've purchased and can recommend them to anyone needing a cable that won't break, even after extremely hard use in tough conditions.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4