Profile for hw > Reviews

V&A Patterns: The Fifties
V&A Patterns: The Fifties
by Prichard Sue

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book on this subject, 23 Sept. 2013
I bought it to see some of the Lucien Day's patterns from the fifties for my research. very good book on the topic over all. The CD at the back is a real bonus.

House Proud: Hip Craft for the Modern Homemaker
House Proud: Hip Craft for the Modern Homemaker
by Danielle Proud

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 23 Sept. 2013
This book is just one of my favourites. The craft projects are just so easy to follow and the techniques are so versatile that if you have a creative mind you can so much more with these. Includes all sorts of projects from mosaic to making your own oven gloves, up cycling old furniture etc. If you are a crafty person you'll love it. I borrowed it so many times from the library then decided to buy my own from amazon. I bought a second hand but it was in a very good condition almost looks new. If you are a crafty person you'll love it.

Digital Fashion Print: With Photoshop and Illustrator
Digital Fashion Print: With Photoshop and Illustrator
by Kevin Tallon

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 23 Sept. 2013
There are not many tutorials in this book and there is not much one can learn from this book. Very disappointed with this purchase.

Digital Textile Design
Digital Textile Design
by Melanie Bowles

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy ever, 23 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Digital Textile Design (Paperback)
I am a Surface design student and I struggle with digital textile designing. This book is the best book on this subject. Includes step by step tutorials which are very easy to follow. Gives a brief description of the current textile designers and the techniques they use to make prints. So much better stuff than what I have learned during the two years of my course in uni. Everything I wanted to learn is inside this book. So happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend it to a friend. Go buy it seriously.

Shibori Designs and Techniques
Shibori Designs and Techniques
by Mandy Southan

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect book on Shibori techniques, 30 Mar. 2013
Really nice book. Everything explained clearly with detailed images. Good book if you want to do it at home. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

Wall to Wall: 100 Great Treatments for Vertical Surfaces
Wall to Wall: 100 Great Treatments for Vertical Surfaces
by Linda Barker

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book on walls, 30 Mar. 2013
This is one of my favourite book on walls. Borrowed it so many times from the library than decided to buy it. It was a real bargain because I bought it second hand. Still it was in perfect condition. Definitely recommend it.

Ultimate Book of Paint Effects
Ultimate Book of Paint Effects
by Salli Brand

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect book on paint effects, 30 Mar. 2013
I bought this book more than ten years ago and than lost it. Really missed it than found it here. It was a real bargain cause I bought it second hand. Still it was in perfect condition. Any body who is interested in paint effect techniques this is the ultimate book on paint effects. Definitely recommend it.

Pack of 6 Squeezy Clear 12oz Sauce Bottles
Pack of 6 Squeezy Clear 12oz Sauce Bottles
Offered by catersworld

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy these from Pound land, 30 Mar. 2013
The bottles are as described but I feel like I have been ripped off because I saw the same bottles ( PACK OF 2) in a pound shop. Did not realised at first that I was paying too much for these. I think they are charging too much for these. So anybody who is looking for these should check there local pound shop first. You can get six of these for £3 from there rather than paying £7 for this lot.

West5Products / Small Clear Glass Message Bottle with Cork H14cm
West5Products / Small Clear Glass Message Bottle with Cork H14cm
Offered by blendboutique

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 30 Mar. 2013
The bottles are a little bit bigger than a medicine bottle. Very secure packaging. Arrived on time. No complaints .

Water Clear Casting Kit 2 - 1kg resin
Water Clear Casting Kit 2 - 1kg resin

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product poor instructions, 30 Mar. 2013
The kit arrived on time. It was my first experiment with resin casting and I struggled a lot with mixing. They provided a mixing recipe with the kit but it was for mixing 1kg of resin. I wanted to make small samples. This is the only reason why I have given them 4 stars. I wish there was a mixing recipe for small quantities which was less technical for a first time buyer. The resin was not setting properly so I just kept on mixing more and more catalyst each time. Other than that I think there is nothing wrong with it and the resin is of good quality. I ended up with a few good samples as well. I think an improved recipe is a basic thing which can easily be improved and be provide with the product.