Profile for Lanarkwitch > Reviews

Content by Lanarkwitch

Lanarkwitch

At Zero: The Final Secrets to "Zero Limits" The Quest for Miracles Through Ho'oponopono

4.0 out of 5 stars For Me This Book Makes Sense, 9 May 2014
I was never a fan of Joe Vitale, as others have said love him or hate him and I always found the marketing machine behind his operation to be somewhat unpalatable, he was also reinforcing my idea that the only people getting rich from the law off attraction were the people punting endless streams of CD's and courses that would magically transform your life.

I am however seeing him through new eyes, this book does have a spiritual message, which has always been the missing link for me with all the LOA stuff, I could name names, but I won't! It also deals with the uncomfortable fact that crappy stuff does happen in life and provides a reasonable way to understand why that is and more importantly how and why you should deal with it, where others authors simply tell us to get on with finding something to feel good about, this book encourages you to deal head on with issues that will in time lead to a healthier happier you. Eliminating the negative patterns in our lives raises our vibration by default, a full 360 on other books which have us all running round in circles trying not to think negative thoughts for fear of what it might attract to us totally ignoring that its the negative patterns that lead to negative thoughts that need to be dealt with.

Surprisingly I felt Joe came across as fairly open and honest in this book, he openly admits he's not a 100% superstar all the time and that he's still on the learning curve himself, he's made mistakes, he continues to seek, what more can any of us do?

There are a few references in the book to other Joe materials, but I didn't find it overly done nor felt I was being given a hard sell.

Overall I thought this was a useful work on bringing together our connection to the divine, and how LOA fits into that, all on a fairly sensible easy to understand level, so if you're looking for something to help you to reconcile some of the LOA teachings this is a good place to start in my view.

The Map: To Our Responsive Universe, Where Dreams Really Do Come True!
The Map: To Our Responsive Universe, Where Dreams Really Do Come True!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small packages, 24 Feb. 2014
Lets face it, there are innumerable books out there on the law of attraction, I've read a lot of them, including the Abraham Hicks stuff. What this author has achieved, is at last a clear and simple guide, " a how to", that can really set your intentions alight. For those of us who already believe in magic or indeed practice it, this book, possibly unintentionally, seems to bridge the gap between LOA and magical practices, encouraging thought, focus, action and release, we are reminded that we are the masters of our own destiny through our thought and ACTIONS, not just sitting home on the couch dreaming about a better life.

This book is well written, cheerful and easy to dip into for a quick technique or reminder and also importantly devotes significant time to working on the core beliefs that have led us to undesirable places., getting to the root of the problem.

Well done Boni on presenting this material in a way that will be so much more accessible to others than many other titles out there.

Tarot for Life: Reading the Cards for Everyday Guidance and Growth
Tarot for Life: Reading the Cards for Everyday Guidance and Growth

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Interesting Book, 24 Feb. 2014
I came to the book after hearing the Author on Jim Harold's Paranormal Podcast, I have been a tarot reader for a number of years and have been searching for an accessible self development book as I have become really interested in that aspect of the cards, the book is easy to use and offers valuable insights into the card meanings which so many other books have missed, it has given great depth to my readings and really refreshed my feelings about the cards, definitely a must buy.

TOP 30 Mexican Salad Recipes: Delicious, Mouth-Watering And Extraordinary Must Eat Salad Recipes Before You Die

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 2 July 2013
Lovely recipes and some good ideas to spice up salads that can get a bit tedious especially over summer, love Mexican food and the flavours in these recipes are pretty authentic

The Harcombe Diet: Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weight
The Harcombe Diet: Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weight

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 2 July 2013
Absolutely nothing new in this diet, it's the Hay diet by another name, anyone would lose weight eating nothing but veg and rice for a week for goodness sake
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2015 7:17 AM BST

The 8-Hour Diet in 15 Minutes: Intermittent Fasting Made Easy
The 8-Hour Diet in 15 Minutes: Intermittent Fasting Made Easy

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 2 July 2013
Very concise and straight forward and reflects how easy IF really is, too many books over complicate the approach, I liked it