Profile for The Old Grey Witch's Test > Reviews

Content by The Old Grey W...

The Old Grey Witch's Test
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Baylis & Harding Beauticology Hand Wash 500 ml, Donut Frosted Sprinkles
Baylis & Harding Beauticology Hand Wash 500 ml, Donut Frosted Sprinkles

4.0 out of 5 stars One for the cup-cake set..., 14 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was surprised when this arrived at the huge size of the bottle and the prettiness of the design on the front. The soap itself is a pale pink which has an extremely sweet smell. It leaves the skin feeling clean and smooth if not particularly moisturised. I have given 4 rather than 5 stars because I prefer to use products with more natural fragrances and ingredients, but I'm sure trendy youngsters will love this. It will particularly appeal to the cup-cake set...

Sevenhills Wholefoods 500 g Organic Raw White Chia Seeds
Sevenhills Wholefoods 500 g Organic Raw White Chia Seeds

5.0 out of 5 stars A genuine health food!, 13 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hooray! At last a health food that is actually good for you. Chia seeds, which look and taste like small sesame seeds, are packed full of omega 3 and 6 as well as magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium and phosphorus. Great for anyone with joint, bone, or circulatory problems. Low in cabohydrate (their calories come mainly from unsaturated fats), and easy to add to almost any food from salads and yogurts to pastry and pastas. The Sevenhills seeds come in a large, resealable, thick paper bag which couldn't be better. This is a health bandwagon you need to get on!

Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Coconut Flour 500g, gluten free, Soil Association certified organic

5.0 out of 5 stars Crumbs!, 12 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great gluten free flour for baking with. I have just used it to make a rhubarb crumble. It added a lovely, slightly sweet, flavour and a delicate aroma. Love it!

LEON Happy Salads
LEON Happy Salads
by Jane Baxter

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh, Happy Days!, 12 Jun. 2016
This review is from: LEON Happy Salads (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great recipe book. Just what I have been looking for to suit my gluten-free, lo-carb diet. The principles behind Leon are that: 1. Food should taste fantastic; 2. It must be remarkably good for you; 3. You must feel good after you've eaten it; 4. It has to be kind to the planet; 5. It has to be affordable. I would add "the ingredients should be easy to source, fresh and local where possible". This is where some of the recipes fall down. They use at least four ingredients I've never heard of, and even if you do manage to work out, for instance, that a Freekeh is a type of fish, no mention of possible substitutions are made. The recipes are divided into 5 sections: 1. Classics; 2. Naturally fast; 3. Lunchbox; 4. Food for Friends; 5. Food for Family. Many of these latter meals are substantial. They include meats and fish, as well as pulses, seeds and nuts to add bulk. You won't be going hungry on this diet. And everyone should love eating this colourful, tasty food. Oh joy!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2016 8:20 AM BST

Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Goji Berries 250 g
Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Goji Berries 250 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Carbohydrate bullets., 11 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Compared to the pathetic, sour little specimens I grew last year on my allotment, these berries are surprisingly large and sweet. But I am confused. Why do the nutritional values shown on the packet not include the vitamins and minerals that these berries are supposed to include? I notice that the website mentions these, so why not put them on the packet? Can we be sure that these dried berries contain all the nutrients of the fresh ones? The manufacturers should make this clear. As it is, all we can be sure of is that these berries are carbohydrate bullets, packed with sugar. Beware of eating too many if you are trying to lose weight!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2016 9:15 PM BST

Bootea Little Oats
Bootea Little Oats

2.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete Information Given., 11 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Bootea Little Oats (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product, with its added chia seeds, goji berries, linseed, and Yerba mate matcha, looks as though it should be extremely nourishing; it's a pity I can't test it. This is because that the packet does not state if the contents are gluten-free. I surmise that because the oats are stated as an allergen on the website that they do contain gluten. I feel the manufacturers are being highly irresponsible not to state this. Meanwhile, for those of you who can eat it, don't forget that by consuming this for you breakfast you are taking on board nearly 150 kilo calories, a high proportion of which are carbohydrates. This is great if you want to put on weight. If, like me, you want to lose weight you would be much better off having a high protein breakfast.

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color, Passion
Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color, Passion

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Taste But That's About It, 8 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This lip stick tastes very nice, but I'm really surprised it is called matte. It is more like a lip gloss than a stick. The colour I tried, Passion, is a really bright bluey red colour. Appropriate for evenings rather than day wear, I would say. I found it difficult to blot and it smudged around my lip line. Not a good look!

Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Bee Pollen 250g
Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Bee Pollen 250g

1.0 out of 5 stars A Con!, 7 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a con these superfoods are! If you read the label on the packet you will find this product consists mainly of sugar along with tiny amounts of B, C, and E vitamins, potassium, phosphorus, iron and copper. If you eat it, therefore, you will most certainly get a short term energy boost, but you will not reach the RDA of any other nutrient. This product is therefore no better for you than honey or Demerara sugar (which it looks and tastes a lot like). I worry that people will take this thinking it is somehow better for you than white sugar. It isn't. Using it could lead to weight gain and circulatory problems. Better to stay clear of sugars all together, and eat lots of fresh vegetables, than to waste your money on this...

Rimmel London Magnif'eyes Double Ended Shadow and Liner, Queens of the Bronzed Age 1.6 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Well executed idea., 7 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A combined eye-liner and shadow. A brilliant idea well executed. I'm testing Queens of the Bronzed Age. The eyeliner is a very light, smooth gold tone. Th shadow is a soft red brown. Both are slightly shiny. They go on really easily, are easy to smooth in and last well. You don't feel the products when wearing them. A real hit!

Since I wrote this review I've been sent the blue version which I like less. The cobalt liner is fine, but the shadow is very dark and smudgy. I've ended up feeling like I have two black eyes.

Defenders Rabbit and Wild Animal Repellent - 50 g
Defenders Rabbit and Wild Animal Repellent - 50 g

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Enough Information?, 5 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, I've tried it, but I'm not sure it has worked. It was really easy. I just put a sachet full of the powder into a watering can and added enough warm water to make a solution. I then went to my allotment and filled up the can with cold water. This, Readers, makes 9 litres! I used a fine rose to spray the area where we have seen rabbits and noticed that nothing ever seems to germinate. I haven't seen a rabbit since, but then it has only been 24 hours. It seems to me this product raises more questions than answers. How long is it supposed to last for? Which animals exactly will it rid your garden of? Deer, rabbits and foxes are pictured on the pack. But what about mice? Moles? Badgers? The Beast of Bodmin? The Loch Ness Monster? Does it do any harm to the environment? Is it any better than putting up a decent fence or spreading lion poo around (a tactic well known in these parts...)? I simply don't know! This suggests the product should come with fuller instructions. Meanwhile, I'll let you know when I next see a rabbit on my plot...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20