Profile for The Old Grey Witch's Test > Reviews

Content by The Old Grey W...

The Old Grey Witch's Test
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
No-H2O Pro Detailer Kit including 5L Waterless wash & Polish + 1.25L Spray Dispenser + 20 Microfiber cloth

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, 24 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Blimey. You don't half get an impressive box when you order this. The Resident Warlock was quite gobsmacked when he got this all wrapped up for his recent birthday. He was maybe less impressed when he discovered he'd been given car wash, but heigh ho. Anyway the product works beautifully, piling through even the most ingrained mud and bird droppings. And the excellent microfibre cloths are useful for 101 things other than washing the car!

Silentnight Soft as Silk Duvet, White, 10.5 Tog, Double
Silentnight Soft as Silk Duvet, White, 10.5 Tog, Double
Offered by Branded_Bedding

5.0 out of 5 stars No Allergies!, 24 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A wonderful, lightweight duvet. I have been testing it out in the recent sultry nights and found it kept me comfortably warm without overheating or swamping me. The microfibre contents are excellent for those suffering from feather or down allergies. It comes in a useful carrier so you can take it with you when travelling...good for storage too!

WUNDER2 WUNDERKISS Controlled Lip Plumping
WUNDER2 WUNDERKISS Controlled Lip Plumping

4.0 out of 5 stars The Baboon's Bottom Effect., 23 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a scary set of potions! You really need to be a witch to invent something like this. First you remove the base cap with the syringe-like Booster. Then you move the wand in the gloss tube a few times. You carefully inject the Booster by pushing down the handle. You remove the booster and repeat the wand movement (Hubble bubble!). You can repeat twice more to get extreme plumping and maximum tingling pain. (I went for this...I'm a sucker for pain...). When I tried it my lips turned bright red and indeed looked swollen as though stung by a hive of bees. In fact, my face resembled a Baboon's Bottom. This certainly works, and works well, if you like this sort of thing. I get the same kind of effect, though less pronounced, by using Bare Minerals' Marvelous Moxie Lipsticks.

Drift Innovation Compass Action Camera - Black
Drift Innovation Compass Action Camera - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Resident Warlock Tested..., 20 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sorry guys for taking nearly a month to review this, but we've had a few problems here. As I couldn't make head nor tail of the instructions I gave it to the Resident Warlock to test. Soon it was winging its way to his IT department who managed to explain what he had to do. Be warned, the first thing was to buy a micro SD card. As this was going to cost the RW about £8 it took him two weeks to go ahead and buy one. One false start later and he was sitting at my computer working it all out. Soon he had produced a short film of himself going into the kitchen. Then he managed to transfer this to his phone! This was so much fun, and so exhausting, that we had to stop for a pot of herbal tea...But he was soon up, and attaching the camera to his lapel pocket, interviewing the family dog concerning the recent destruction of a can of sardines. All-in-all we've decided we like this camera and agree it would make a fun gift. We have taken off a star, however, because we find it very difficult to turn the it off by using the double tap. What is the secret to doing this successfully? Please let us know.

Chelsea Beautique 3D Waterproof Mascara 9.2 ml
Chelsea Beautique 3D Waterproof Mascara 9.2 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Clump and smudge., 20 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Following the instructions on the packet, I used the brush horizontally on my upper lashes and got a satisfactory, if not wow factor, result. However using the brush vertically, as advised, for the lower lashes produced nothing but clumping and a nasty smudge which was then very difficult to remove. My eyes felt highly uncomfortable as soon as the mascara was applied and I had to remove it completely after an hour. I should add that I did not notice any appreciable curling effect.

Meguair`s G16402EU Air Re-Fresher
Meguair`s G16402EU Air Re-Fresher

2.0 out of 5 stars Leave it to the experts!, 16 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If I'd known what a palaver testing this would be I'd never have ordered it. Parking your car in a shady, well-ventilated area, you must vacuum and clean your car's upholstery (what?). Then start your car, turn on the fan and air recycler, and close all the windows. You then activate the can's unlocking trigger, being very careful to have it facing away from you. You quickly jump out of the car and close the door (Did I mention you've already closed the windows?). You leave the doors closed for 15 minutes. Then you open all the doors for 15 minutes. FInally turn the engine off and leave for 5-10 minutes. Sure enough you are left with a car that smells like one from a good car rental. But is it worth it? I found the whole exercise terrifying, and think the car smelled pretty good after the vacuuming and before I applied the product. Frankly, I'll keep to my Yankee Candle car fresheners and leave this sort of thing to the experts...

Salter 144 WHSVDR Extended full view dial mechanical bathroom scale
Salter 144 WHSVDR Extended full view dial mechanical bathroom scale

5.0 out of 5 stars No electric bolts, thank goodness, 16 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At last, Amazon Vine has sent me the perfect bathroom scales! I've been testing a lot of those newfangled things that send bolts of electricity through the body only to discover I'm too fat to measure. These don't do that! You simply put them on the floor, adjust the zero, and step on. Voila. Your weight displayed in easy-to-read kilos or stones. The machine is good and heavy so can't be accidently kicked along the floor. There are no batteries to spill out the bottom. And, best of all, no silly BMX measurements that take a PhD in health science to work out.
PS I recently noticed that my GP has these in his surgery; I think this shows they must be a reliable device.

BLOOM Tropical Matcha (30g)
BLOOM Tropical Matcha (30g)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perk!, 15 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't think I'd like this but I do. It's very easy to whisk up (I actually shake it up in one of my EasiYo containers) and has a great taste. It also seems to perk me up and I have been losing weight much more easily since I have been taking it.

Rimmel London SPF 25 UV Shield Fix and Protect Primer 30 ml
Rimmel London SPF 25 UV Shield Fix and Protect Primer 30 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars SPF an unusual bonus., 10 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This primer is a white liquid which smooths out skin imperfections and helps keep make-up in place. It has the added bonus of an SPF factor, which is most unusual in a primer. I have taken one star off because I found the liquid rather too runny for my liking; it has a tendency to squirt out everywhere if you squeeze the tube too hard (which is precisely what we Old Witches have a tendency to do). I prefer my primers to be more like creams.

A Sherry & A Little Plate of Tapas
A Sherry & A Little Plate of Tapas
by Kay Plunkett-Hogge

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just recipes..., 9 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This little book is an absolute gem. I thought when I ordered it that it would only contain recipes, but it has so much more. It explains so much, not only about sherry types and how they are made, but also about the common ingredients of Spanish food. I never realised there were so many types of ham and sausage! Recipes are included for a tremendous number and range of tapas, from seafood, meat, vegetable, and dairy sources. Pleasingly, suggestions are given for how to turn the tapas into a complete meal. The book is well laid out and the photos are mouthwatering. This would make a great gift for anyone interested in Spanish food.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20