Profile for TinaH > Reviews

Content by TinaH

TinaH "music crazy" (Tamworth, Staffs)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Brave (Deluxe)
Brave (Deluxe)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Shires!, 22 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Brave (Deluxe) (MP3 Download)
This album is well worth buying. The songs are all excellent, well written, well sung and the music is great. As far as I know this is the band's only album. I saw The Shires supporting the Corrs recently and I would love to see them again in a full concert of their own. If you buy this album I recommend getting the deluxe version which as far as I am aware is only available on download but it is well worth getting the extra tracks.

The Green Note EP (Live)
The Green Note EP (Live)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class Act, 22 Jan. 2016
Excellent EP. Saw The Shires supporting The Corrs and they are a fantastic act. This live EP is just a snippet of their album Brave. Would highly recommend this cd. Powerful sound and powerful voices in perfect harmony.

Priscilla Queen of the Desert - The Musical [Original Australian Cast Recording]

5.0 out of 5 stars Aussie Best!!!, 21 Nov. 2015
Great Uplifting CD. Makes you want to dance and sing your heart out. This is the Original Australian Cast Recording which is in my opinion better than the Original Broadway Cast (I have both) because it has extra tracks which really need to be on the CD and after all the "Priscilla" movie is Australian so yes for me this is the cast recording to buy if you are torn between the two.

Lulu: Live [DVD]
Lulu: Live [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lulu
Offered by skyvo-direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good!, 22 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Lulu: Live [DVD] (DVD)
I was really looking forward to watching this dvd having seen Lulu live recently when she put on an amazing show. However this concert is rather short and dated and is interrupted periodically by Lulu standing outdoors somewhere in Scotland talking about the various tracks. The recording quality of the concert is ok but I would not recommend this item. I do love Lulu though and would love her present tour to be available on dvd.

Sony BDPS1200 Smart Blu-ray Disc Player (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony BDPS1200 Smart Blu-ray Disc Player (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all the boxes!, 27 Jan. 2015
This blu ray is small and compact and fits nicely on top of any unit or other dvd/sky box. You can not put anything on top of this though because it is diamond shape on top. Amazingly easy to connect to TV. Great quality. I highly recommend if you want value for money but do not want to pay an extortionate price.

Hairspray (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
Hairspray (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
Offered by YouWantIt-WeGotIt

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow Hairspray!, 27 Jan. 2015
Loved this CD. If you've seen the show on stage and turn the volume up you can imagine you are there again. Great.

King Size, Black, Percale Box Pleated Fitted Valance Sheet, 200 Thread Count by Viceroybedding
Offered by Viceroy Bedding

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Fit!, 6 Dec. 2013
Had searched high and low for a fitted black valance sheet but to no avail so I was delighted to spot this item. I am absolutely delighted with it. Lovely thick cotton and very smooth. Fits over my deep matrass and bed base perfectly and is just a small fraction from the floor which is exactly what I wanted. I note that some of the other reviews say that it needs ironing after washing. I don't iron mine because yes it might come out of the dryer/washing machine a little creased but once its on the bed the creases stretch out so don't let this point put you off. I have purchased 2 of these and they definitely fit the bill for me.

A Kind of Hush
A Kind of Hush

5.0 out of 5 stars Hush while I listen!, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: A Kind of Hush (Audio CD)
Another great Carpenters' album. How could anyone not like the beautiful sound of Karen Carpenter's voice. Buy the album. You won't regret it.

The Standards
The Standards

4.0 out of 5 stars Gloria in a different style!, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Standards (Audio CD)
I am a great Gloria fan and have all her albums and videos and DVDs, both English and Spanish and have seen her live several times performing her usual style of music. This is a complete change for her. The songs are all classics and they are truly great songs but I prefer Gloria singing in her normal style. I don't regret buying the album but it does not go down as one of my favourites.

Lovelines
Lovelines

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Love Songs!, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Lovelines (Audio CD)
This album contains beautiful love songs. Karen's voice is, as always, so clear and perfect. I definitely recommend anyone to buy this CD.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3