Profile for Mr. S. Raikes > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. Raikes

Mr. S. Raikes (Newcastle, UK)

MediaDevil Apple iPhone 3G/3GS Screen Protector: Magicscreen Crystal Clear (Invisible) Edition - (2 x Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Best screen protector on the market., 5 Dec. 2009
This is CLEARLY (cheesy pun intended) the best screen protector on the market. You seriously can't tell that this thing is even on the phone. My friends and family that have seen it always comment that they didn't even know one was on when I tell them that the screen is covered.

The process for applying it is theoretically straight forward. Polish your phone using the cloth. Peel off label 1 that reveals the slightly sticky underneath and apply it to the screen. Peel off label 2 that reveals the silicon protective layer and finally use the little bit off stiff card to get rid of air bubbles. You're all done!
Unfortunately it wasn't that simple for me. It's my own fault but I managed to get some bits of dust under there. In my infinite wisdom I thought I'd peel off the protector and give it another go. MISTAKE! The sticky side got totally covered in dust which I couldn't get off. However, I washed the screen protector with some warm soapy water and it was restored. It took me a few more tries to get it perfect. In the end what I did was polish the phone, put a small amount of cleaning fluid on the phone screen and then applied the protector and squashed the trapped bubbles out with the card.

Obviously none of that is recommended and you'd do it at your own risk. I included it to help out the other perfectionists out there who will inevitably end up in the same position. The other thing to be careful about is alignment. It's really easy to put this on at an odd angle and then you'll have to reapply it.

My number one tip that I can't recommend enough is TAKE YOUR TIME! This isn't a 5 minute job. You need to be in a clean room with a good lightsource to do this properly. Make sure your screen is totally dust free before applying because it'll annoy you forever if you get some trapped and reapplying the protector is very delicate and since you only get one in the pack getting it right first time is desirable.

All this coupled with PhoneDevil's fast and friendly delivery means 5 out of 5 from me.

PS: Get yourself a good hard case for the phone as well and it'll last you forever. I'm posting this review from my phone!