Profile for Shona Hughes > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Scottish Prisoner: A Lord John Grey Novel
The Scottish Prisoner: A Lord John Grey Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!!!, 30 May 2014
I loved this book, love the characters, the writing style and the storyline. once again Diana Gabaldon had me hooked from page 1 til the end :)
I just can't get enough of the outlander series and related books :)

Paranormal Nights, Volume 1 (Paranormal Romance Boxed Set) (The Night Series)
Paranormal Nights, Volume 1 (Paranormal Romance Boxed Set) (The Night Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars so bad I gave up!, 30 May 2014
These were really poor, badly written and boring attempts at paranormal romance. sorry, but I gave up at the beginning of the 2nd book and I couldn't believe it's persevered for so long.
Sorry but these books are rubbish :(

A Trail of Fire (Lord John Grey)
A Trail of Fire (Lord John Grey)

5.0 out of 5 stars didn't want this to end!, 30 May 2014
I love Diana Gabaldon books and bought this one while waiting impatiently for "Written in my own heart's blood" which I am still waiting impatiently for... bring it on!

This book of short stories was fab and I didn't want them to finish! as always, I dreaded the end of the book and then worry I'm not going to find another one that grasps me so much!
I didn't realise I would enjoy reading about John Grey without Jamie Fraser, but how wrong i was.

I've also recently read the Scottish Prisoner and again LOVED IT!!!!!!!

Poetic Views of Life
Poetic Views of Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, down to earth & 'real' poems for today!, 30 May 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Poetic Views of Life by Laurie Wilkinson and not only downloaded the book to my kindle, but I had a paperback copy of it sent to me in New Zealand so that I can pass it around and spread the joy! Laurie's writing style is very easy-reading and doesn't beat about the bush with airy fairy made up language. His subjects are various and some made me chuckle, others made me angry, and others made me think!
I love "the friend", which not only made me think of my best friend and other close friends, it brought a wee tear to my eye.
As I've already said in another review- loving your work Laurie, thanks for this book! I'll most definitely be reading again and again and ill be passing the book about to share your work over here in New Zealand.
Shona x

The Infernal Devices 3: Clockwork Princess
The Infernal Devices 3: Clockwork Princess

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish there were more to come! Love these books., 15 July 2013
I love the Infernal devices books and wish there were more to come. Also love the immortal instruments and hoping for another one soon...

Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires Book 14)
Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires Book 14)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these books! And I'm in my 40s lol!, 30 Jun. 2013
fab wee book again! Can't wait to read the final one but don't want them to end either. Love Clare, Shane, Eve, Michael and Myrnin! Gonna miss them.

Tessa's Trio
Tessa's Trio

4.0 out of 5 stars I rather enjoyed it!, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Tessa's Trio (Kindle Edition)
Pretty good, if not a bit far fetched! I did enjoy it but not the best book I've ever read.

Blood and Snow 1 (Blood and Snow Boxed set)
Blood and Snow 1 (Blood and Snow Boxed set)

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood & Snow volume 1-4, 28 Jan. 2013
loved these books so much I just had to buy 5-10 as soon as I'd read them. Can't wait for 11 & 12 to come out. I just wish they were longer, cos I read each one in a few hours and then when I finished 10 I was gutted that that was me up to date. More Soon Please :)

Tiny Sunbirds Far Away
Tiny Sunbirds Far Away

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant book., 9 Dec. 2012
My friend recommended this book and I loved it. it taught me a bit about Nigeria and the different way of life. had me in tears near the end.

Iron's Prophecy (The Iron Fey)
Iron's Prophecy (The Iron Fey)

5.0 out of 5 stars love these books, 9 Dec. 2012
again, for teens I reckon but love the characters and the stories. the world of fae is so believable and entriguing!!

Page: 1 | 2