Profile for HannaLucy > Reviews

Content by HannaLucy

HannaLucy "hannalucy"

Page: 1 | 2
Canon PIXMA MG3150 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Wi-Fi and Auto Duplex)

3.0 out of 5 stars great printer, terrible service, 3 Nov. 2012
The printer itself looks great and functions very nicely. Set up via Wifi was confusing to the point I gave up and now just plug the laptop into the printer, but at the end of the day it prints in good quality and the cartridge has lasted a while despite quite a bit of heavy printing. It came with print cartridges, which is so helpful when you get a new printer!

Major downside for me was getting my hands on it in the first place. It wasn't delivered when it said it would be, no tracking number was provided so I could track the supposed 'delivered' package and I got no response to several emails to the seller until finally I got a message saying a printer would be delivered the next day (and it was). But no apology or explanation.

Nice printer, terrible service. If I'd read the feedback on the seller first then I'd have realised that delivery was not their strong point and I may well have not placed my order. Shame they haven't learnt their lessons, as the product is actually good.

Duck Squeakaboo squeaker and rattle toy
Duck Squeakaboo squeaker and rattle toy

4.0 out of 5 stars soft and fun, 24 Nov. 2011
Great toy for when babies start to grab and wave things around, without realising that harder rattles might hurt their little heads. Has a little bell inside for shaking and squeaks when you squeeze it. Bit confused about whether this is a duck or a chicken though! Wasn't sure how I should clean it properly though without it going through the washing machine and potentially losing it's squeak.

The Very Lazy Ladybird Noisy Book
The Very Lazy Ladybird Noisy Book
by Isobel Finn

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 24 Nov. 2011
I love this book- great variety of noises (none of them immensely irritating for playing over and over...) and a nice story and pictures. I really enjoy reading it and is my first choice out of the bookshelf. Lots of animals and chances for imitation on the part of the child and joining in on the part of the reader.

Organix Stage 2 From 7 Months Organic Chickpea and Red Pepper Lasagne 190 g (Pack of 12)

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting veggie option but not that tasty, 17 Oct. 2011
I don't particularly like the idea of giving my baby (especially ready-made) meat-based products and so he is mostly a veggie. Therefore I really liked the idea of this product, sounded appealing, well balanced and nutritious. However my 'eat anything' baby won't touch this! I've tried it and I have to say it isn't that nice, so I don't blame him. But I'd perservere more if he didn't eat home-made meat dinners as the choice of jar/ pouch food for veggie children is very limited.

Lamaze Tug & Play Knot
Lamaze Tug & Play Knot
Offered by Contango Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars good pram toy, 29 Sept. 2011
Good for attaching to the pram as it has lots of colourful and interesting things for the baby to play with, and you can turn it around so they don't get too bored with it (a new toy from a different angle!). Also the baby can pull on the different bits and they move throught the knot, just makes it more interesting for older babies. Nice toy, maybe wish it was a pound or two less.

Munchkin Baby Food Grinder - Green
Munchkin Baby Food Grinder - Green

3.0 out of 5 stars tedious and messy, but good for potatoes!, 18 Aug. 2011
This works fabulously as a potato ricer, but it just can't cope with anything tough like runner beans (unless you have half an hour to grind just a handful). Like another reviewer said, all the liquid goes through first (messy) and then the drier bits lag behind and block the thing up. I wouldn't take this away with me either- just take a couple of jars or something homemade in a plastic pot. The 3 stars are for the fact that it does actually work and does make beautiful mashed potato, but it couldn't get more as it is a pain to use and is slow. I am busy with my baby, I don't have hours and hours to grind food by hand! Buy a cheap hand blender and a couple of plastic jugs instead.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Nursery and Playroom Wall Sticker Décor Kit
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Nursery and Playroom Wall Sticker Décor Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars colourful and fun, 18 Dec. 2010
We have just decorated our baby's room with these and they look great, so bright and cheerful. I can imagine any child enjoying them from young babies liking the colours to older toddlers who know the story and can identify the food items. They were so easy to put up too. I'm very happy with my purchase, but a couple of pounds cheaper would have been nice.

Out of the Blackout
Out of the Blackout
by Robert Barnard
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story telling and some intrigue, 11 Mar. 2010
Wasn't really sure what to expect with this as was only initially hooked in via the concept of tracing your family history. However it turned out to be a lovely little book full of suspense, with a few predictable but many unexpected twists. I enjoyed the style of writing and felt it was true to the period, plus interesting characters. One to read for family historians, anyone who enjoys a relatively easy going suspense, or anyone wanting to get a flavour of the period it is based in. Kept me turning the pages.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2015 11:45 PM BST

The Checklist Manifesto: How To Get Things Right
The Checklist Manifesto: How To Get Things Right
by Atul Gawande

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 11 Mar. 2010
As per his other books, this is intelligent, thought provoking and easy reading. The clarity in his books reflect a clarity and passion in Gwande's mind, and the success of his writing ability.

This is essentially a book about problem solving and consistency in outcome, which frankly could be mind-numbingly boring, but it isn't. It is laced with real life- operations that could have gone wrong, the quirks of everyday communication, the realities that everyone is human. I was delighted to read this and have thought about trying to build more checklists into my own work (and made me realise that I actually have many already)- sounds dull but makes my job easier actually and so less stressful and thus I can focus my efforts on interesting and more complex aspects.

Mr. Gwande, I have recommended you to all my colleagues in the nursing field and am awaiting your next book.

Berlitz Earworms CD Booklet Rapid Learn French VOL1
Berlitz Earworms CD Booklet Rapid Learn French VOL1

4.0 out of 5 stars A great intro for the scared, 27 July 2008
I couldn't do languages at school, wasn't bad at other things, but with languages I always had a kind of block in the brain. But having a partner and his family who spoke French made me try to learn as an adult, and this has truly helped me. I'm not going to tell you that I'm suddenly fluent, but listening to this CD made me realise that I could do it. I learnt the whole CD after several listenings and felt a real achivement, and it spurred me on to learn more (I went onto Michel Thomas who is great). I'm actually enjoying language learning now which I didn't before, and it was because this CD made French accessible to me, if not providing a huge range of vocab. You could go straight to Michel Thomas from nothing, but this did a great job of giving me a little and boosting my confidence first. I listen in my car on the way to work and that requires no effort at all re reading or computer work. Get the second CD too, it's very good, though again quite scary at first!

Page: 1 | 2