Profile for Luke Stableford > Reviews

Content by Luke Stableford

Luke Stableford (UK)

TeckNet@ Kindle Paperwhite / kindle Touch Leather Cover With 2 Kindle Screen Protectors & Magnetic flap closure for Amazon Kindle Paperwhite & Kindle Touch Both - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product at a good price, 20 Nov. 2012
I purchased this product around 6 months ago and it is still in good condition. It's not leather but it looks and feels good quality and has lasted well. It fits the kindle well and the magentic clasp fastens well. A good product at a good price.

Way of the Superior Man
Way of the Superior Man
by David Deida

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide on what it means to be a man, 18 Dec. 2009
I bought this book on the recommendation of David DeAngelo and can say that it is excellent. It is incredibly well written, clear, concise, and salient. Each point forms its own chapter/lesson of about 1-4 pages meaning its very easy to digest and assimilate.

It has deepened and developed my understanding of what it means to be a mature man, my role in the world, and my relationships with women. I had several "ah ha" moments while reading it, and it has altered the way I view myself and my relationships with women - in fact I visited my girlfriend whilst reading it and I noticed a new intensity, passion, and depth to our relationship.

It should be noted though that the book has a spiritual tone to it, which I like. It may not resonate as strongly for those who are cynical and literal in their outlook, but I would recommend you give it a try anyway.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2011 12:07 AM GMT

Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel
Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel
by Rolf Potts

4.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring starting point, 27 Oct. 2008
Vagabonding is an inspiring and well written book about independant travel. The book covers the basics of travel, focussing mainly on the philosophical aspects, and provides a detailed bibliography at the end of each section.

It would therefore make a good starting point when one is considering a long trip abroad. However, it is certainly not a definitive all encompassing guide but is probably the book I would read first when planning my first trip.

I have, however, been travelling before and some of the information in the book wasn't particularly new or revelationary. I found that it definitely whetted my travelling appetite though, inspired me, and gave me a good foundation for further research.