Profile for L. K. Henson > Reviews

Gold
Gold
by Dan Rhodes

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, sweet book, 10 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Gold (Paperback)
Not epic, but very slow burning and touching. wish there was more of it though. Too short!

Disobedience
Disobedience
by Naomi Alderman

3.0 out of 5 stars a good read, but doesn't really cut the mustard, 10 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Disobedience (Paperback)
you're unlikely to remember this one, though it was an entertaining enough journey. you never really get into any of the characters, and the tone isn't in any way affecting... oh well!

Cloud Atlas
Cloud Atlas
by David Mitchell

2.0 out of 5 stars oh I tried, I tried, 10 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Cloud Atlas (Paperback)
I found this book so utterly boring and affected, I couldn't get past the first 50 pages...

It made me acutely aware of how much of my life was eeking away from me while I struggled to get through sentence after sentence after...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Working Wonders
Working Wonders
by Jenny Colgan

1.0 out of 5 stars wow, 29 July 2004
This review is from: Working Wonders (Paperback)
I have never read such an awful book. The story is awful as ar ethe authurian refernces, one-dimensional (if that) characters, confused humour. I was really dissapointed as I was a big Jenny Colgan fan. This book, I'm afraid, has exposed a novice writer with a lucky break. Lets hope her editor does a bit more work on the manuscript next time. Shame on them for publishing this.

The Mists of Avalon
The Mists of Avalon
by Marion Zimmer Bradley

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 25 Mar. 2004
This review is from: The Mists of Avalon (Paperback)
Loved every single page, and when I finished I wanted to read it again immediately. The best book I've ever read, honestly. But if you're super cynical and hate fantasy I'd give it a miss, leave it to the people that appreciate it for what it is.