Profile for Woody > Reviews

Woody (Beverley, UK)

Punk Rock Gremlins!
Punk Rock Gremlins!
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Give it a miss, even if it is 2 minutes in length., 1 July 2016
This review is from: Punk Rock Gremlins! (Amazon Video)
It may be short but that's no excuse for bad animation and terrible plot.

Remington TF70 Dual Foil Travel Shaver
Remington TF70 Dual Foil Travel Shaver

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not cut well., 1 July 2016
Sub-standard portable shaver. It does not cut well and wish I'd gone for another Philips travel shaver which worked a lot better.

IKEA KONCIS - Garlic press, stainless steel
IKEA KONCIS - Garlic press, stainless steel
Offered by Elchversand

5.0 out of 5 stars What would a garlic crusher crush if a garlic crusher couldn't crush garlic?, 28 Feb. 2016
It crushes garlic, garlic it does crush, it is a garlic crusher. Enough said.

CatIt Senses Massage Centre For Cats Kittens Pets Play
CatIt Senses Massage Centre For Cats Kittens Pets Play

4.0 out of 5 stars If your cat likes catnip, go for it!, 28 Feb. 2016
My cat goes nuts over the catnip you put in the top, the rest of the device is pretty basic. Plastic with some tactile elements and surrounded with a rubber mat.

If I'd paid lots of money for it, id probably give less than 4/5. As I think I paid about £5 off Amazon it was a decent purchase.

If your cat isn't into catnip, probably stay away from this.

HeroNeo® USB Charger Doctor Mobile Battery Tester Power Detector Voltage Current Meter
Offered by from1world(ship from china)

5.0 out of 5 stars No fuss device for testing chargers., 28 Feb. 2016
Cheap and does the job perfectly. Automatically flips between voltage and amperage readout (which is very clear to read on the 7-segment display). Fit one end of the device into the full size USB on a charger, and fit the charging cable into the full size USB output. Simples.

DEFAIRY Google Cardboard Plastic VR Headset Virtual Reality Headset with Adjustable Pupil Distance and Magnet for Smartphone iPhone Samsung, to get immersive 3D Viewing Experience (Black)
Offered by DEFAIRY GROUP

4.0 out of 5 stars Good build but some may have problems with focus. Read comment!, 28 Feb. 2016
Good build, fits and holds a large Sony X5 Premium comfortably. Magnet on the side is useless on my phone though. As its a Google Cardboard spec, I'm not faulting Defairy for this inclusion though!

Note: others that I know that have used this said the found it hard to focus on the screen, finding it blurred. There's no focal distance adjustment, only distance between pupils so some may have problems. As I am short sighted this is possibly why I had no issues! I think this is a symptom of most Cardboard devices in the fact you cannot move the phone or lenses backwards or forwards to achieve desired focus.

Intsun® T3 Wireless Bluetooth Game Controller Gamepad Joystick for Android Smart Phones/ Tablets/ Smart TVs/ TV boxes etc, White (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKS FINE ON AN AMAZON FIRE STICK, RTFM, 28 Feb. 2016
Yes this DOES work on an Amazon Fire Stick! I'm writing this review after seeing many people complaining that it does not work and I can categorically say that it does.

However, you have to go into the Amazon Fire Stick's Settings--> Controllers and Bluetooth Devices--> Other Bluetooth Devices.
From here choose "Add Bluetooth Devices"
Now press and hold X on the gamepad and press the Home button. This sets the device off in pair mode. Eventually the Fire Stick pairs and hey presto, a working game pad.

The "Hold X and press Home" is all in the manual provided with the device so possibly with many people they were too lazy and didn't RTFM. As for the Amazon Fire stick menu part, its the same for any pairing most Bluetooth devices except the dedicated fire controller that has its own menu item.

The controller itself is decent for the price I paid. 4/5

Ps: I have this working on a Sony X5 Premium and a Windows 10 tablet without the need for extra drivers. I.e. it worked straight out of the box using the pairing method I described above. Works well with the Dolphin Gamecube/Wii emulator ;-)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Angel Dust
Angel Dust

5.0 out of 5 stars the best rock album ever, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Angel Dust (Audio CD)
To reiterate what others have said: the best rock album ever. Different styles blend into a perfect album. I'd love to meet the critic for "rock" magazine Kerrang who back in 1992 gave it 3 out of 5. Wonder what they gave 5 to that year?

Speccy Nation
Speccy Nation

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of 8-bit nostalgia!, 28 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Speccy Nation (Kindle Edition)
Never had I thought of Jet Set Willy as social commentary on the excess of riches Willy had amassed from collecting shiny things in Manic Miner! Fascinating :-) Worth it alone just to remind me of "Zoids".

D-Link ShareCenter Pulse 2-bay Network Storage Enclosure
D-Link ShareCenter Pulse 2-bay Network Storage Enclosure
Offered by Alex Whyte

1.0 out of 5 stars No end of trouble!, 30 April 2013
I bought this as a cheap solution to online storage and from day one I found it flaky.

Issues I experienced was my connection to it seemingly dropped so I could not access it. It would work for a period of a few hours then the web interface would die. I also found the web interface poor and the file management tool lacking.

The amount of downtime I experienced with this was frustrating. I had hoped to use a free DNS entry to connect through a named ip and port. In reality it ended in the tip. I couldn't even be bothered to sell it on to some unsuspecting EBayer.

Pay a bit more, get a HP Proliant server. I did and installed Windows Server 2008 on it and haven't looked back. I can access it anytime from anywhere using FTP, web interface or an app like Logmein free. It also takes four drives so plenty of future storage. Point is, the Proliant works where the ShareCenter failed.

Ps: shop around if you do go for the Proliant as I got £100 cash back making it £115 ;-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2013 1:57 PM BST