Profile for David C Leach > Reviews

Content by David C Leach

David C Leach

LG 60PB5600 60-inch Widescreen 1080P Full HD Plasma TV with Freeview (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by ARMCO

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service,Great Television, 26 Nov. 2014
Set was delivered on Tuesday 25th November. I had been given a delivery date of between 25th - 29th November. Impressed with the very prompt delivery by AE UK ltd.. My new Plasma screen television was delivered by 2 very pleasant, and well mannered gentleman. They carried my brand new television in to my home and unpacked it in front of me to check that the screen was not damaged whilst in transit. This is a great idea because it gives the customer the chance to check the screen, as well as the general condition of the television before they leave. It was brand new and very well packaged. Even the box was in immaculate condition suggesting that these 2 gentleman had taken good care with the television whilst it was in transit. In my opinion it is the little things that make the difference. When you receive something and the box is heavily damaged, you get a sense of foreboding, because you wonder what stress the contents have been put through prior to delivery.

I am very happy with my LG 60PB5600 plasma television. I think it is cracking value for what I paid. I was concerned it might have been refurbished for such an unbelievably great price. I need not have worried It was brand spanking new with all the appropriate guarantees. I chose the LG 60PB5600 Plasma for the decent motion rates 600.It makes it ideal for watching Premiership football and other fast paced sports,movies. I have not been disappointed. It is not a smart television, just a straight 60 inch no nonsense full HD -Plasma screen, that is all I wanted, a decent television. The picture is great. I at first agonized between going for an Ultra-HD television, or sticking with a big better valued Full- HD Plasma screen. I chose the big 60PB5600 full HD plasma because in my opinion buying an ultra-HD television right now is not really a sound investment. There is a serious lack of Ultra-HD content, and not much is planned in the pipeline for main stream television. full-HD channels are still few and far between on terrestrial television, never mind ultra-HD.

I love Plasma screens, I have never personally liked LCD televisions, edge lit. I just don't see the same vibrancy and clarity in the moving images compared to Plasma. In my opinion there is not a comparison whilst watching sports. I would only choose OLED over plasma which are still very expensive.i Still cant believe i got this LG television for £729.00.LG have come a very long way.They make very good televisions.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2014 12:00 AM GMT

Samsung E1190 SIM free mobile phone
Samsung E1190 SIM free mobile phone
Offered by UK iPHONES

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, 30 Oct. 2013
As the Ronseal advert goes ,"does exactly what it says on the tin"

Have given my wife my HTC One X because I was not using Facebook, Twitter etc it was being wasted on me.

I decided I wanted to turn back the clocks and have a simple no frills mobile. I wanted a mobile phone no bigger than a key fob to throw in my pocket, I don't care about apps, camera, internet etc. I just want to make an receive calls and send the occasional text.

I am very happy, the battery lasts an eternity and more without apps and Wifi sucking the life out of it. It is also so small if you have hands like me you can literally hide it in the palm of your hand. Being small it is very easy to flip open and make a call with just one hand.

I think these sort of phones will make a comeback as more and more people use tablets, and portable net books for their social media. The small basic mobile phone still has a market. Much better walking around with this in my pocket, I forget I have it, carrying the HTC One filled an entire pocket and was uncomfortable.

Very happy with this little fella.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7inch Tablet - White (8GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7inch Tablet - White (8GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)
Offered by ULTIMATE PHONESHOP

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Little Tablet, 8 Mar. 2013
Have just bought one of these tablets and I am very impressed.

I started off with a Tabtronics 7 inch tablet, bought from Amazon that I hasten to add was good value at the time and has served me well. However I found Web Browsing was virtually impossible on the single core processor, even with out apps running it was painful. In effect I had a 32 gb media centre and e book reader.

So then I was back on the Market for another tablet. I did plenty of research prior to making this second purchase.

My criteria were simple really. I wanted an open source Tablet that had to have the capability to have the storage on board enlarged by Micro SD Card. It also had to have the capability to play most popular AVI Files. I was not particularly bothered about camera quality having an HTC One X, I also had to be able to browse the Internet and tether to my HTC One X for WIFI.

I know manufacturers read reviews, so here are my reasons for dismissing out of hand some quality tablets on the Market.(And apologies for going on a bit)

I Pad /I Pad Mini. Dismissed out off hand, yes the tablet is nice and has the best retina display on the market, but it is closed source, meaning it will be virtually impossible to transfer your private collection of media to this device with out purchasing additional software. In fact pretty much everything you ever do with this device after buying will be through Apple, no thanks.

Kindle Fire HD. I like this device, but again you buy it and it is subsidised and the sole intention is to make money back from their products, there is also no S/D card slot. However they do sell a 32 gb model for storing those movies that you buy from Amazon. That will suite some people. No Access to Google Play either (Android Market), although if you are a bit Techy I believe it can be done.

Nexus 7 I like this device too, but unbelievably no Micro SD slot, although it does have USB connectivity. But Who wants to be faffing about with USB sticks though in this day and age?.Big error on the part off Google/Asus in my opinion. Quality tablets like this that i dismissed out of hand because off the lack of an SD port.

Nook HD Just a nice looking eBook reader doesn't have access to Google Play, pretty restrictive for an Android device.

Blackberry Playbook, Ironically these are quality made. And for Web Browsing alone they are excellent, fast and responsive. Bad points, no Google Play access, and pretty much everything you do like transferring files can be a real nightmare. There are plenty off AVI files that it won't play unless they are converted before hand. AC3 audio wont play at all.

I settled for the Samsung Tab 2 7 inch because i felt it met my requirements.I went for The 7 inch version because it seems more practical for its requirements as my personal travelling companion, 10 inch then I might as well just travel with a laptop.Obviously the SD port was also a very big reason i opted for this tablet

What can i say ? well I absolutely love it, I really do

Very easy to set up straight out off the box ( idiot proof)Took my 32 gig SD Card out of my old Tablet and popped it in. Recognised it straight away,i was not excpecting and all my video and audio files too play flawlessly. The screen is beautifully clear as Crystal,and the colour vibrant. It is very responsive to the slightest off touches. The dual core processor ensures a good web browsing experience with the Jelly Bean Operating System; the two go hand in hand. I know some preferred the ICS Operating System, but if like me you have the One X you will know how to really enjoy using this tablet with Jelly Bean it utilises the device perfectly you can skip between windows flawlessly and multi task with ease. And I must say the device handles it all very well. I also connected my Denon Headphones and was very impressed with the quality off the Audio. My biggest plus I will say once again though is the speed of web browsing I personally think the speed is pretty phenomenal, for a small 7 inch tablet it packs a punch, pages load with out error and Flash content appears to be bug free these days. It also has full access to Google Play (Android Market).Another surprise I had was downloading Sky Go and watching Sky Television.

I can also use this Tablet with My One X as a wifi Hotspot.

I paid £145.00 for this tablet, and it was worth every penny. I realise now there is no substitute for quality and Samsung are one off the Market Leaders for a reason.

I have also just purchased a 64 gig Class 10 Micro SD Card here on Amazon for just £15.00 that the Tab 2 will play once the said card has been formatted to FAT32 on Windows,and also a nice case/stand for under £12.00 here on Amazon.That is me sorted for my Holidays a quality 64 gig Tablet.!!!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2013 9:44 AM BST

TABTRONICS NEW M009S F1 NOW DUAL CORE 8GB 7" Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.2.2 JELLY BEAN now with DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE Dual Cameras HDMI

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Tablet., 26 May 2012
I bought this product from Tabtronics and was given a delivery date for the following week. It was actually delivered within 2 days, great service, product was also well packaged.

Prior to purchasing this product I spent an eternity agonising which tablet to buy. My criteria was very simple, I was looking for a simple device to throw in my pocket and take on holiday with me. I wanted the device to have the potential for extra memory ( SD Card),obviously the extra memory was for Music files and AVI files, so therefore the device must also be able to play these sorts of files. Basically I wanted a tablet to watch movies at the Airport and listen to music on my holidays and tether it of my HTC for the internet

I steered clear of the I pad with this being a closed source tablet, meaning you have to go through Apple and purchase all sorts of additional software to play music and movie files. The Blackberry playbook has no SD Card slot, Galaxy Tab to pricey and not all that for nearly £400.00 what you're shelling out.

I settled for this tablet, based on the consistently good reviews. I think it is important to mention too people considering purchasing this model that there are poor clones off this model being sold from unscrupulous suppliers ,so where you purchase it from will be an important part off your purchase, that's why I personally settled for Tabtronics they are based in the Uk and have plenty off good feedback with the added safety off going through Amazon.

I have had the tablet 1 month now, and have been very impressed thus far. The tablet cane was ICS pre installed, Flash Player etc .BBC I player works perfectly, You Tube again faultless. I find the tablet fast and responsive, it is a good looking product, and not to heavy. I took a chance and purchased a 32 gig micro SD Card instead off the **manufacturers recommended 16 gig Card**.I transferred over 10 gigs of music on too the card then on to the tablet it plays the lot, albums, singles etc, loads off stuff that wouldn't transfer to my HTC phone for various reasons. I have also put a dozen movies on to the SD Card and the tablet plays all of them .Basically I have encountered none off the problems I anticipated transferring digital media. The movies play very impressively on the HD Screen, and transferring everything was so simple, the tablet sticks everything in a libraries for you, music Library, Movie Library, Media etc ,its simplicity is what I like about this device, can you imagine trying to do this on an Ipad with your own movies and songs ?.( yeah right),also there is a front facing camera,up to now i have stuck on it,BBC News,SKY News,Weather Channel,SKY Sports News,DAily Mail, all work fine,all the stuff i read abroad.

I have also used this tablet to surf the Internet by connecting my HTC Phone (Wildfire), by tethering the phone as a router to the tablet with the HTC USB Cable. I have also used the
HTC Phone as a wireless Hotspot and easily connected the Tablet to surf the internet.So there is no need for a pricey dongle.

All in all a very good buy for the outlay, that family and friends have been impressed with.2 have gone on to buy them just for the value for money aspect.

it really is a nifty little bit of kit that weighs nothing you can stick it in your pocket fly off to Spain etc then watch your Movies listen to your tunes, or surf the Net for less than £100.00.I have yet to see a better value tablet,if you have friends with Pricey tablets they will be gutted when you compare yours to theres.