Profile for Ian > Reviews

Tokyo
Tokyo
by Mo Hayder

5.0 out of 5 stars Tokyo, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Tokyo (Hardcover)
Thought it was amazing. One of the best books I have read in a while, it will stay with for a long time.

The Poisoned Island
The Poisoned Island
by Lloyd Shepherd

5.0 out of 5 stars The Poisoned Island, 28 May 2013
This review is from: The Poisoned Island (Hardcover)
Really enjoyed reading this one, thought it was as good as his first one (English Monster). Good characters and unusual storyline. Looking forward to the next one.

The Heretics (John Shakespeare)
The Heretics (John Shakespeare)
by Rory Clements

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet!!, 8 Mar. 2013
I have read all of Rory Clements's books and I'm not going to give much away but thought it was great, there seemed to be more to it than the previous one. Would recomend this to anyone.

Rubbernecker
Rubbernecker
by Belinda Bauer

5.0 out of 5 stars Rubberneckinfastatic!!!!!, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Rubbernecker (Hardcover)
I'll keep it short,I have read all of her previous novels and although I thought they were great, this is better. Plot is very clever, characters are fantastic, Patrick (in parts hilarious), Sam, Tracy, Mr Deal, DS Williams. I hope to see some of them again. I would recommend this to anyone.

Renegade: Insurrection Trilogy Book 2
Renegade: Insurrection Trilogy Book 2
by Robyn Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Renegade by Robyn Young, 15 Feb. 2013
I thought this was fantastic, I have read all of Robyn's previous works although I guess it is always hard to wright the second of a trilogy, this book is as good as any of her previous ones. I think this Insurrection series rank along side the Authurian books from BC. I cant wait for the next one.

The Afrika Reich
The Afrika Reich
by Guy Saville

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!, 10 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Afrika Reich (Paperback)
I havn't read anything in this genre and wasn't sure what to expect.
Let me tell you I thought it was great.
I was a realy good story and I thought the characters were great fun especially the lead, Burton Cole. Couldn't help thinking of Richard Burton in Wild Geese.
It was action packed, tense, scary, amusing in parts and horrific in parts to.
Great stuff, Can't wait for the next one

Incidently, I bought the book through Amazon.co.uk and was more than happy with that service.

IW

Martyr (John Shakespeare - book 1)
Martyr (John Shakespeare - book 1)
by Rory Clements

4.0 out of 5 stars Martyr by Rory Clements, 5 April 2011
Fairly new to the genre, I have read all Robyn Young (Brethren trio and Insurrection and some of B.Cornwell, Grail trio and Alfred. All action packed and enjoyed them very much. wanted to try some thing different but still in the histo genre. Didnt know what to expect, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Descriptions excellent and interesting characters and a great story. I would very much recommend it and am look forward to the other books. I have just read SJ Parris Prophecy and am building up to CJ Samson Revelation (Shardlake)which I have heard great things about.