Profile for Margaret > Reviews

Margaret

Beneath (KelpiesTeen)
Beneath (KelpiesTeen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable read., 20 April 2014
I found the storyline exciting and I didn't want to put it down. I'll probably never look at a lake or pool in quite the same way again! So good I'll probably read it again.

Faber-Castell Polychromos Colour Pencils Tin Of 36
Faber-Castell Polychromos Colour Pencils Tin Of 36
Offered by PriceQualityService PQS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun to draw with, 15 Oct. 2013
I wasn't too sure about these pencils as I've only ever used watercolours before, but I found them easy to use and fun to work with. There are a great range of colours, and make lots of other colours when used together. I'd recommend them to artists at any level.

Pentel Aquash Water Brush Pens, Assorted Tips - Pack of 3 (Fine, Medium and Broad)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 15 Oct. 2013
I love these water brushes, they make painting on the go so much easier. No need for a jar of water, just my watercolour pencils and these brushes, some paper and I can paint anywhere, highly recommended.

Speedball Elegant Writer Extra Fine Calligraphy Marker, Black [Kitchen]
Speedball Elegant Writer Extra Fine Calligraphy Marker, Black [Kitchen]
Offered by supermart USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant pen for sketching!, 15 Oct. 2013
I bought this as it was recommended to me by an artist friend. I've done some sketching with it, and when used with water brushes you get wonderful blue and pink pigments merging with the black of the ink. I love it and will get a lot of fun doing more sketching with it, highly recommended.

Large Poppy Duvet Set Size: Single
Large Poppy Duvet Set Size: Single
Offered by Luxury Linens Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful duvet cover, great value, 21 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Large Poppy Duvet Set Size: Single
I chose this duvet cover as I wanted something to suit my poppy themed bedroom. This is perfect, great quality and beautiful poppies in a lovely cheerful colour, I love it, highly recommended!

Trace & Paint Watercolour
Trace & Paint Watercolour
by Terry Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value book, highly recommended, 3 Mar. 2012
I found this book an excellent way of learning new techniques and gaining confidence in colour mixing without the difficult stage of drawing the scene first. I did find the outlines pretty large though, about A3, which was a lot bigger than I wanted to paint but I was easily able to shrink them down to A4 using a photocopier. Step by step instructions were very helpful and I was able to produce some quite good paintings in a very enjoyable way using this book. It's great value, being a collection of three other titles, and by different artists so you get to learn about different styles. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to learn about how to paint landscapes but isn't confident about the drawing stage.

Ready to Paint: Watercolour Flowers
Ready to Paint: Watercolour Flowers
by Wendy Tait

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 3 Mar. 2012
I love this book, it has enabled me to produce several paintings I'm quite proud of. I'm not good at drawing so the tracings helped me get straight to the interesting bit! I found her step by step guides extremely helpful, and there are lots of photographs of the different stages which helps a lot. Even though I didn't have all the colours she used I could still follow her instructions and produce good paintings. She has given me a lot of confidence to continue painting flowers, which I had thought were too difficult for me to do until I used this book!