Profile for P. L. Pells > Reviews

Following Philo: The Magdalene. the Virgin. the Men Called Jesus
Following Philo: The Magdalene. the Virgin. the Men Called Jesus
by P J Gott

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it because it is currently unique., 13 Feb. 2016
This is an extraordinary book, unique in the field of bible interpretation and understanding in my opinion. It needs time to digest and get the gist of the methodology. For those who have gone into some depth, and I mean Hebrew not English, you may well know that the original parchments were written continuously, no/all capitals, no breaks between letters. Therefore other interpretation is possible from the original graphs, let alone all the proceeding translations. This book was a difficult read for me, partly because my relationshipal understanding is pretty poor anyway, in this the relationships and characters keep multiplying exponentially. But the good thing is that there is an end in sight. The characters (focusing mainly on the NT) are actually much fewer than commonly believed, because one person adopted, or is referred to, by several names, plus of course there are translation errors which add to the difficulty of sorting these relationships out out. Nevertheless progress is being made in Gott & Lichts’ new Philocentric method.

I’m sure that even established authors will have a hard time accepting this because it might mean they have to re-evaluate their understandings or at least accept this new method as a viable study, and reinterpret in the light of it. An open mind is always the best method of understanding and thus accepting or rejecting new understandings, and this is definitely one to watch.

I understand a second volume is planned which I plan to buy and study.

Garmin Vivofit Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor - Black
Offered by You Want One

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed., 27 July 2015
Excited about this because it does heartrate and has a dashboard for mobile and laptop. I am only giving it 3* because I have used 2 separate er mail accounts to set it up on my laptop, to register and complete my profile, but it wont 'finish'. I contacted Garmin twice by their helpline email but no responses in 7 days so I am giving up. disappointed.

On Sale! Double Fish Electronic Portable Score Board For Table Tennis And Other Sports Competition

5.0 out of 5 stars Personal Digital TT Scorer, 25 Oct. 2013
Ive been after something like this since I first saw one at the Olympic pre-event at the Excel Centre in London. It seems slightly bigger than I remember it 280x460x50 mm approx (box size). Ideally I would have liked on about 300x250x50 mm to easily fit in my bag. I seem to remember ANDRO did one but they never seemed to be available.

This one has service ends lights which can be used or not by a long press on the 'off' button. The LED's are of a 'soft' nature and nice on my eyes. Having a carry handle, and standing as an A frame, and stopped from falling by an adequate string/plastic arrangement, it fits nicely on the standard Umpire Tables. I can see over it and I am small at 5'5" !!!

I have yet to see one which automatically swaps the service light, and it takes a while to familiarize with the button functions, which are in both Chinese and English, but fiddling with it, it is easy to see what button does what. It goes beyond 10 to 99 for points and to 9 for the games.

My perfect one would also display the overall team scores going up to 10 as that seems to be a maximum for Table Tennis.

But for the price and quality I am very happy. It seems China is the only country capable of supplying a range of electronic products like this at affordable prices. Good for you China, and good for us :)

PowerBank 12000mAh Portable Power Supply for iPad, iPad 2/3, iPhone 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod, Blackberry, HTC, Android, Samsung and many more

5.0 out of 5 stars Mobile backup charger, 25 Oct. 2013
Just a quick observation in that it took hours to charge, maybe 16? Havn't actually used it much but that's the idea I think.

Cartrend 80253 CAM!ON Video Action Camera for Car Computer and Hobbies with 2 GB Micro-SD Card and Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Micro/Mini Camera, 21 Jun. 2012
I thought I would try this as I have had 4/5 micro cameras like this including the key ring, but there has alway beeen playing problems, cutting out while recording & date setting difficulties. I liked the look of this as it was more substantial. It came well packed with an excellent hinged mount, which can be screwed or mounted using the supplied velcro belts. This can be done across or parallel to the mount, as there are slots for both. I tried it on a static table, table tennis action actually, and it came out really well. It was mounted by the net, but it would be better at the far end as not all what i wanted was in the frame. My next use was model flying and it mounted well with the suplied belt and maintained its angle during flight despite some vibration from the motor. There is a cross head screw that can be tightened or loosened. I like the marked silver buttons and the 2 led's show what is happening. I am having difficulty with the stills 'movement' picture mode, but as that wasnt what I got it for I am not worried about finding out. I havnt managed to set the date & time on this either!

ATM Bank
ATM Bank

5.0 out of 5 stars Toy ATM Machine, 23 Feb. 2011
This review is from: ATM Bank (Kitchen & Home)
Entertaining & useful device for saving those odd coins & even odd notes if you are lucky enough to have a couple. Coins go in without the card & pin number but the ATM does NOT record them that way. Coins only get recorded if you use your card & pin. Notes cannot be read by the device, so the note value needs to keyed in after pressing the 'deposit' button (unlike coins which add automatically) and need to be fed into the slot. It has a satisfying roller device to pull them in. But for the money its too much to ask for, especially as the real ones dont read notes either. I have no idea what happens if you loose the card or forget the pin. Take the batteries out & start again hopefully!

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Apple Green (only fits Kindle Keyboard)
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Apple Green (only fits Kindle Keyboard)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Cover, 12 Oct. 2010
Expensive but it is purpose made & adds to the Kindle Experience. Good range of colours. The Kindle is slightly off line when fitted in the 'click locks' but thats all. Helps retain the 'book' experience so worth it.

Tunturi Balance Board
Tunturi Balance Board
Offered by PureFitness & Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Wobble Board, 12 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Tunturi Balance Board (Sports)
Nice product & price. Made up my own excercises, light & robust just what I wanted. If you have trouble sitting with a straight back when meditating crossed legged, you can also use this in that way I discovered.

Western Digital My Passport Essential 320GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive - Light Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Auto Storage, 12 Oct. 2010
Does what it says. It created a second drive for my laptop which always shows as empty. It made two different copies of 'windows old' and that is where I eventually found my current files! Dont understand it, but it stored my PC stuff as I expect it too, ie; I can find any file like a mirror image. Great product, just wish I understood it better, but Im not great on some aspects. I want a mains/battery operated one like this that can work with wi fi direct on a mini USB (and no wireless routers involved!)

TeckNet® M002 Nano Wireless Mouse,6 Buttons,18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels-Grey
Offered by Hippidion.Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Nano tecknet, 5 Oct. 2010
I ordered two Micro USB TeckNet mice, this and the MDF11. This (the M002) is perfectly adequate for my netbook, and the sender tucks neatly away in its underbelly. No frills just left & right clicks with a scrollbutton. Works well on paper and hard surfaces, also slightly uneven surfaces, not unfortunatley, on the round part of my soft leather armchair where lazily hoped it would work. I need to put a flatish surface on it, but then I dont think any laser mouse would work there. I got what I paid for & am very happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2