Profile for Margaret Foster > Reviews

Content by Margaret Foster

Margaret Foster (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Death in August (Inspector Bordelli Book 1)
Death in August (Inspector Bordelli Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars hard going, 17 May 2015
one of the lines in this book is happiness does not last. how right. this book took away my happiness. i think those who like it must like the main character. to me he just sweated all the time. the murder was mayvbe mayvbe not. there was a lot of waffle that had no relevance to anything i could understand. the characters are all mad. all in all it went over my head. it is bonkers.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 4 May 2015
These beads are flat back for cabochon setting. They have sticky pads on the back but I don't need to use them. I am not sure how well they will stick. They are a bit bigger that I expected from the picture. They are to my mind very attractive for this type of thing. They are well printed and make a statement. I bought sets of these and all of them have been well worth using. To my mind they would make quite large ear rings. They would certainly make good pendants and necklaces, if they were set in bezels.

Sitting Sugar Clowns
Sitting Sugar Clowns

5.0 out of 5 stars They are so cute, 4 May 2015
This review is from: Sitting Sugar Clowns (Grocery)
I suppose how they look is a matter of taste but I like them. They have a rather nice vagabond air about them for sugar clowns. They are much more sturdy than I expected them to be. They sat up at the side of the cake really well. I would buy these again if I ever needed to.

Kenwood IM200 1.1 Litre Ice Cream Maker
Kenwood IM200 1.1 Litre Ice Cream Maker

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe it will churn butter, 1 May 2015
one star for being cheap. One less star because it is difficult to get the plastic cover away from the electric unit to clean. One less star because it doesn't get cold enough to really freeze the ice cream. One less star because as soon as the mixture gets cold the paddle jams. One less star because it is really small. I bought this because I didn't want to make several litres but this is about 250 ml worth at best. All in all it is rubbish. I am going to try it without freezing the bowl to see if I can churn butter in it because the mix came out a bit butter like and I think if the paddle hadn't jammed on the cool mix I would have had frozen butter. So maybe butter it is.

Celtic Art: The Methods of Construction (Dover Art Instruction)
Celtic Art: The Methods of Construction (Dover Art Instruction)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good book for Kindle, 26 April 2015
I had to return this Kindle book for a refund. This book is an old format book so it suffers from the grey, grainy Kindle graphic problem. It is not possible to see the designs. I need a step by step instruction on how to make the shapes. I don't think that even if I had bought the print book I could have followed the method as it is. The steps are done in lines building up the repeats until the finished designs are apparent. I have seen ways in which the designs are made from dots, grids and circles which are much easier to follow. This may be a classic, I can't gainsay the words of other reviewers because I am not proficient enough but from my point of view, this book is for someone who has a good grasp of calligraphy. For someone like me who wants to incorporate the designs into art work it is too specialist. Oneplus point of this book it has a really comprehensive explanation of history and symbolism. I would have kept it for that alone if I could have afforded to.

I Luv My Dog Blue Collar - Medium (1.9cm)
I Luv My Dog Blue Collar - Medium (1.9cm)
Offered by Unleashed.dog Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 12 April 2015
Absolutely looks great. It is not too wide so it sits on my little staffie's neck really well. It is soft. It has a good d ring to put the lead catch on. It has a really good colour. My mutt gave it a good scratch and there was not a mark on it afterwards.. I am not normally sentimental about dog collars but I want my dog to have a wardrobe full of these. The design is really funny.

I Luv My Dog Blue Lead - 1.9cm (3/4")
I Luv My Dog Blue Lead - 1.9cm (3/4")
Offered by Unleashed.dog Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 12 April 2015
Brilliant. Looks really good. Fabric is smooth, colours are bright. The catch is strong. Love it so much I am looking for other colours.

The Full Monty [1997] [DVD]
The Full Monty [1997] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Carlyle

5.0 out of 5 stars The old ones are always the best., 12 April 2015
This review is from: The Full Monty [1997] [DVD] (DVD)
This is an old film. It has dated. It is a good laugh. The story is very simple. What is says on the box it does on the film. There is absolutely no intellectual challenge. But it is funny. If all you want is to look at the screen and be entertained this should do nicely.

Beach Mix Sea Shells 150g small and medium seashells by Flowerhour
Beach Mix Sea Shells 150g small and medium seashells by Flowerhour
Offered by Sco Logic Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars A good selection of shells., 12 April 2015
good selection of small shells. There is a lot of variety. Each shell is about the size of a finger nail to about an inch big, very roughly. Unfortunately a few were chipped but most are a good colour and quite acceptable.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok just for decoration, 12 April 2015
The pattern on the skin is lovely. It is just shiny enough to look attractive. Unfortunately while I was taking the skin from the support paper it tore in the corner. I used only the amount of effort it took to pull the skin from the backing. Fortunately the tear was on the back so that it was not too damaging. The tear did get a bit bigger while I was trying to stick it to the kindle. The front and back edges are a little short so that there is a little gap between the front and back skin where the kindle edge shows which is annoying because it is already rubbing into little frays. It is not expensive and looks quite sweet but it is not very practical or protective. It is not expensive so if you just want customise then it is ok. It was easy to stick it onto the kindle, it didn't bubble or wrinkle.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14