Profile for FENTOT > Reviews

FENTOT "AJFJ" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation), Black
Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation), Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I love gadgets and this one seemed right up my street., 5 Jan. 2017
This was my only wish for Christmas. I love gadgets and this one seemed right up my street.

My wife and I have been trying over the last few years to get back what we lost when our Philips Streamium failed on us - anyone in the family could search for the music they liked add it to a playlist - it was great - bought CD's burnt straight to the systems hard drive. We could have bought the streamium again but streaming music seemed the way forward so I have been trying to find something that does what the streamium did.

I have tried Google Play and Spotify (both £9.99) using Chromecast on a decent Samsung speaker. However, accessing these had to be via apps and using one account - it was an utter failure. So I asked for this device for Christmas but tag from my wife said "last chance - next time we buy a CD player". Christmas day arrived and I quickly signed up for the £3.99 month music service for Echo. Wow, everything changed - my wife (still skeptical) asked for "Alexa, lets here some Christmas music" and suddenly "Downtown Abbey at Christmas" was playing in the kitchen. My son asked Alexa to tell a joke and out came some old knock knock joke. My teenage daughter turned up and asked for some "unknown to father" type song, Alexa responded and my daughter was off dancing with the uncooked Turkey. So, it has been great. Yes, we have problems connecting to Hive but asking for timers (particularly while trying to cook Christmas dinner) was fantastic. If you are reading this and think it sounds similar and havent tried this - then have a go - its great. My only issue is trying to remember what ablums you have so you can ask for it.

No Man's Sky (PS4)
No Man's Sky (PS4)
Offered by EVERGAME

2.0 out of 5 stars An ELITE failure., 11 Aug. 2016
This review is from: No Man's Sky (PS4) (Video Game)
I have been following developments of this game for years.
Sean and his team have developed an idea into a game and for the most part it works beautifully. As a mathematician myself, I think they have shown how numbers can make rolling vistas with life forms thrown in for fun of it. Its Minecraft to the power of N.

The first few hours are spent trying to stay alive, collect materials to fix your ship. When you wander to far the HUD tells you how long it will take to return to your ship – which can be slightly depressing. You do stop looking at the scenery – so when you do finally get off your planet and land on the next it makes little difference – however when you land on a planet close to others they make a beautiful (star wars like) skyline to enjoy with some hideous alien DNA experiment that’s gone wrong standing next to you (seriously some of the creatures make no sense).

At the moment seem to spent most of my time learning new words for the Gek race. Only to find there are other races which need new languages to be learnt. Can’t we buy a universal translator?
You also collect a lot of blueprints for stuff – but I stopped looking at what these were because of the lack of inventory slots means you don’t have space to make anything anyway – at least not yet.
I did find another crashed ship – slightly bigger than my own – but opted not to trade mine in. It was probably the biggest decision I made so far. Although I changed my mind 30 seconds later only to discover I couldn’t find it again – is there a planet map somewhere - perhaps that comes later !

When I was young I played Elite on the BCC Micro for months to get the elusive Elite rating (only managed “Deadly” though). Is this better than Elite? Graphically – of course, it’s incredible (despite some extremely poor late scenery popping in) but it still feels like its missing something – the “do I care” factor. You are faceless – which maybe for a reason – but it takes away from the fact that it could be you. The ship you spent so long getting to work in the first few hours can be traded in quickly and best not talk about the creatures.

Another issue, how come I am the first to discover items sat right next to a spaceport. It makes no sense - you don't even have the mindless go here - take this there type of missions that might have offered some hope to the game.

My advice don't buy.

Dark Souls III (PS4)
Dark Souls III (PS4)
Offered by Fuzion

5.0 out of 5 stars It’s a souls game for sure, 13 April 2016
This review is from: Dark Souls III (PS4) (Video Game)
First of all, thank you to those who helped me past the Vordt of the Boreal Valley last night. To be fair, I had only met him once before and that encounter ended quickly. I looked at my stats and thought "oh dear, its time to grind" but instead looked at the many "white signs" offering their assistance. It took a while to actually get any of these to connect but after about 5 minutes I eventually had two unknown colleagues to help me through to the next stage of the game (I just sat back and let them do the work - didn’t want to die and waste all their hard work after all).

I have to agree with others about the Bloodborne similarities. There is a time when you face an angry mob of witch fanatics surrounding a large bonfire - reminds me of the first such encounter in Bloodborne. This isn’t a bad thing but I did forget I had a shield for a while! The graphics are great and the load (aka reload) times not as painful as I remember with Bloodborne.

Basically I spent three hours playing (one hour of this spent getting past the first tutorial boss!) but it was fun - more fun than Bloodborne I would say. It’s a souls game for sure. I imported Demon Souls all those years ago and nothing will bring back that magic but this has rekindled the love once more.

Bloodborne (PS4)
Bloodborne (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Blood Souls, 1 April 2015
This review is from: Bloodborne (PS4) (Video Game)
Been playing this for a few days now and it's definitely a souls game. So if you didn't like demon souls or dark souls 1 or 2 don't buy this. There are some obvious differences the graphics are pretty astounding and the creature tactics look slightly mmore advanced. Took a while to work out 'insight' but got there on the end. There are bugs managed to get caught in the scenery once thankfully broken free. Also git caught in the witches boss area last night. Loading times are OK. Gives you time to consider what to try next.

Love the game but it's not flawless and four stars feels harsh when this is clearly one of the best ps4 exclusives available.

Popamazing Folding Adjustable Computer Notebook Laptop Table Tray Desk With Mouse Board PC Stand (black)
Offered by Popamazing

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 11 Mar. 2015
Great little table absolutely no issues with it. Comes well packed and even with its own screwdriver.

Lords of Waterdeep a Dungeons and Dragons Board Game
Lords of Waterdeep a Dungeons and Dragons Board Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all the family, 19 Jan. 2015
This game is excellent. Bought for my 9 year old son and he got it pretty quick as did his 12 year sister. They both enjoyed working out what they needed to succeed (quicker than I did) lots of fun and great that the game isn't over until all the scores are in. Looking to buy the expansion next but certainly fun without it. Made Christmas with the family very special.

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)
LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Loads of bugs and the loading times are pretty shameful particularly when you have just left the place, 10 Dec. 2014
Have to agree with the majority of reviews here. Loads of bugs and the loading times are pretty shameful particularly when you have just left the place.

The Bones Of What You Believe [Digipack]
The Bones Of What You Believe [Digipack]

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the eighties, 22 Feb. 2014
If you like Pet Shop Boys then this is right up your street. If you heard recover then you will like all the otherson gs on this album. Five Star rating from me.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Offered by Go2Games

4.0 out of 5 stars 9 years since San Andreas !, 19 Sept. 2013
So GTA San Andreas was a large step forward for the series and GTA 4 was arguably a backward step for the series (what no planes !). So does GTA 5 offer anything new over San Andreas I ask myself? I check the wish list and everything seems to be ticked - I read the reviews posted so far and cant argue with any of them (the good or the bad).

After GTA4 I'm surprised I bought this game - it was my birthday a few weeks ago so this seemed like a good purchase - particularly since the trailers offered me the San Andreas experience ! I'm pleased I did - it is definitely more engaging than GTA4 - I've stood on the beach watching the sun set and the lights from the pier twinkling on the ocean - nice. I've smashed my way into the airport and stole a private jet - flying between buildings seemed to cause turbulence - interesting - my landing on the freeway didn't end as well as I hoped. I've driven some fast cars at top speed and hit a tree - why could I still drive away after that - I should have been sent to the hospital or at least the car should have been a write off - odd (my passengers didn't seem to fussed neither).

So I have mixed views - its a great game but could have been better (if you use San Andreas as the benchmark). The constant disc reads mentioned in other reviews are concerning me - the cynical side of me wonders whether this will cause my PS3 to die in the next month or so - increasing the chances of me purchasing a PS4 when it comes out (which I had postponed to next year due to GTA5). No android iFRUIT app at the moment (really? its takes ages to get into the apple store and seconds to get into Google Play) and no online gameplay. My score doesn't reflect these admissions (as they will be here soon enough) but it does reflect the lack of obvious improvements over San Andreas given the time Rockstar had - its been 9 years since San Andreas !!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2013 8:11 AM BST

Russell Hobbs Illuminating Glass Kettle, 1.7 L, 3000 W - Clear
Russell Hobbs Illuminating Glass Kettle, 1.7 L, 3000 W - Clear

1.0 out of 5 stars Lid stick, 16 Sept. 2013
We have resorted to karate chopping the button that opens the lid - it hurts. Unless you have strong hands do not but this kettle. I think the problem has something to do with water vapour getting into the lid mechanism - I have fixed it once but it came back quick enough. Try another kettle if I were you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3