Profile for FENTOT > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Les Misérables: Highlights From The Motion Picture Soundtrack
Les Misérables: Highlights From The Motion Picture Soundtrack

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 5 Feb. 2013
The film is great and so is this album. I dreamed a dream is excellent and by far the most moving songs I have heard sung in a long time.

Scart Freeview, Digital HD TV Receiver Recorder Tuner Set Top Box, USB Memory Recorder, Hinged for LCD TVs by Digi-fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Job done : Excellant customer service, 13 July 2012
Well I did some research about recording telly frm the PS3 PlayTV to stand alone PVR. Found this and the reviews looked good. So, after ordering yesterday at 14:00 - it arrives the following day - fantastic.

Ignored instructions and after set up thought the remote was broken. Then I realised I should have connected the Infa-red thing... it looked odd so I thought I wouldn't plug it in ... oops - worked fine after my careless omission.

Took moments to find all usual channels. Plugged in a USB key pressed record and hey presto it worked. Plugged USB into Playstation 3 slim, and played the recording with no problems. This is day one but so far very impressed. I would recommend if you are considering it.

Update: The PS3 seems to show the files in chunks - rather than one complete file. Will try to see if this is a write speed issue with my USB key.

Update: Sep-13. The power supply stopped working Digi-Fun diagnosed the problem and sent a new one. First rate customer service. Would definitely recommend them.

Dark Souls - Limited Edition (PS3)
Dark Souls - Limited Edition (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Its going to be dark this Christmas, 14 Oct. 2011
So the reviews have come and gone and Dark Souls slides down the rankings as bigger games start to fight for the Christmas 2011 market. Games aren't cheap and I wonder how many of those who bought Dark Souls last week - and didn't realise the work they would need to put into the game - are now trading in their copy for something requiring a little less patience.

As for me - a week later I have managed to drag my beaten hollow body up to the top of the cathedral and rung the bell. I've raised my shield and prayed that this time the white mist wouldn't lead to another unspeakable monster. I've clung to every shard, splinter and chunk, terrified I will waste them. I've run frantically swinging my sword after scurrying lizards and cried as they disappear before me - wondering if Ill ever finish this game .. cos next time Ill get you. I've stared into the distance and realised I have only just scratched the surface when suddenly... 'YOU DIED'.

No game has gripped me this way since 'Demon Souls' and before that, 'Elite'. The reviews you have read speak the truth. People will either learn to beat it or they wont - and their reviews will reflect this fact.

This game will reward you with a memory that other games forgot to include - if you let it beat you there is always the trade in option.

Valueline FC-001 wire connector - wire connectors
Valueline FC-001 wire connector - wire connectors
Offered by Vebox Direct Computing

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 Dec. 2010
Arrived really quickly (I mean within 24 hours) and the items were perfect - came loose in the Jiffy bag so good for the environment as well. Many thanks.

6.5" Aigo Digital Photo Frame Clear  - With MP3 Playback & Changeable Bezel
6.5" Aigo Digital Photo Frame Clear - With MP3 Playback & Changeable Bezel

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 18 Dec. 2006
I have bought this as a Christmas present (hope my Mum and Dad dont read this before the 25th !) Like most they have plenty of the photos on their camera and PC and this drives my Mum mad - particularly when the printer they use doesnt produce the best results.

This digital photo frame looks pretty impressive, nice size screen - looks about the same size as a standard 6x4 photo - the changeable inserts make the whole thing sound a bit creaky to touch - but I guess you wont be holding it for long.

The menu is easy to use but I couldnt find a way to put in my Sony Memory Stick despite what it says above !

Connection to the PC was simple, I transfered about ten photos of my family (part of the gift!!) - the display was clear and sharp - some photos looked a little blurred but that may have been more about the resolution of the photo, than the frame itself - no messing around resizing any of them. For some reason black/dark photos seems to have a white one pixel border around them - which distrupts the effect of the black frame bezel - nothing serious though.

I have seen the Philips version (£140>) and this is comparable, so worth a try. The integrated memory means no addition memory cards to buy (at least not this year!!).

Sony Ericsson W810i Prepay Mobile Phone On Vodafone
Sony Ericsson W810i Prepay Mobile Phone On Vodafone

4.0 out of 5 stars No body does it better .... I think !, 11 Sept. 2006
The last mobile I owned was a Siemens S35 (I don't do a lot of calling - I was on pay as you go). I love technology but children usually take priority over my wanting. That said, it was birthday a week ago and I was promised a long over due replacement phone - so I started the hunt with Sony high on my wish list I soon became attracted to the white W800i - however I was told that Sony have stopped making this version and saw instead the W810i - it had a high price tag but after carefully scrutinising all the deals I got it for less than £200 on pay as you talk. The phone is excellent (although I do not have a benchmark worthy). The phone works - but I do not care about that. The Walkman has convinced my daughter that she doesn't want a mobile anymore but instead wants a MP3 player and the camera / video means less to carry. Everything feels right and there is so much more to look at - when time permits. My old cassette player in the car has been transformed with the addition of a cassette adapter thingy plugged into my phone - well worth a look. Downsides - cant turn off irritating camera shutter noise and for some reason artist name lost when transferring CD to phone - although this is probably my lack of techy savvy.

Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas™ Official Strategy Guide (Signature)
Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas™ Official Strategy Guide (Signature)
by Tim Bogenn

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy companion, 1 Nov. 2004
If you have purchased the previous guides to GTA then the first thing you will notice about GTA San Andeas Strategy guide is its size. Like the game it is probably four times as thick (and heavy) as its predecessor which makes the price tag worth it for the paper alone! The game is big and you wont realise its true enormity for hours. One glance through the guide however and you realise so much more, a "parachute", no way? This guide helps you work out what you need to attain the elusive 100% and allows you turn your PS2 off and let the rest of your family enjoy normal TV, while you prepare yourself for your next session. A worthy buy for a worthy game.

Athens 2004
Athens 2004
Offered by marxwax

4.0 out of 5 stars Track and Field ..... bash bash bash bash ...., 26 Aug. 2004
This review is from: Athens 2004 (Video Game)
This game brings back all the old memories of track and field. Obviously, my historical training of "button bashing" has not been of waste. My wife struggles to keep up, in fact she has to resort to banned substances such as a cloth to cover her fingers to prevent fingerprint burn! Despite this we laugh and find the game very enjoyable.
Certain problems arise in multiplayer mode such as the 110m hurdles - the camera looks from the front which is fine as long as you havent fallen over at the start at which point all you can see is a dot in the distance clattering over hurdles?
Its not all button bashing - (thankfully the 1500m and 800m do not require any bashing at all) - the Archery and the discus uses the rotation of the stick to play.
Great fun and worth buying while the Olympics is on Telly - My slight grudge is that I dont think I will ever jump further than 9.28m in the long jump - if there was wind assistance it would add so much more.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Two Disc Theatrical Edition) [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars A Return to the Cinema !, 24 Jun. 2004
As one of the three, this film rounds off what can only be described as a monumental epic that represents everything I remember reading about almost twenty years ago. I am sure that re-reading the book now I will have a lot of questions of the film but Peter Jackson has managed to produce the impossible and has been rewarded with eleven oscars for this film alone.
I can only expect that this film, and the other two, will return to the cinema at some point in the future, allowing all those that missed the first showings, to see the films as they were intended to be seen. I say this because it is with great sadness that I spent most of the time adjusting the volume on my television while watching the DVD of Return of the King. Maybe my telly is getting old or maybe its because I don't have any form of surround sound theatre system but the change in volume throughout was not what I remembered at the cinema, hence the four stars for this DVD.
With that said, my family and I enjoyed all three movies and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future and we wait patiently for the Hobbit.

Maxtor Personal Storage Onetouch 120Gb 2Mb 7200Rpm USB2
Maxtor Personal Storage Onetouch 120Gb 2Mb 7200Rpm USB2

5.0 out of 5 stars New life for an old computer, 4 May 2004
Once upon a time my computer was state of the art - £2k of top spec hardware - Seven years later it represents the bare minimum specification for most applications.
I have a 3GB harddrive, most of which has been taken over by Windows98SE. I upgraded my ram from 32MB to 96MB about six months ago, so I could get my new printer to print of all the digital pictures I have been taking. As my picture library grew, I removed more and more of redundant games and other applications. Then I hit breaking point, I either needed a new harddrive or a new computer.
After much research I choose to buy Maxtor One Touch 120GB. I was a little concerned, since I only realised I had a two USB ports six months ago (hence new printer). Could it be this easy to upgrade my storage space? I need not have worried, I followed the instructions carefully and after ten minutes I was coping files to the new drive at about 38Mbps (possibly the same speed as my existing drive!!!).
All together this drive has caused me no problems - apparently after ten restarts of the computer, the drive actually writes faster ! - I have read others concerns about the HD actually showing 111GB of space but the manual explains this has something to do with the Windows system display the wrong information. Besides, if you are like me 111GB is better than 3GB ??? Go and buy it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3