Profile for jimf > Reviews

Content by jimf

Amazon Prime Now
Amazon Prime Now

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Amazon Prime Now (App)
It works!

Samsung Galaxy SIII UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Pebble Blue (16GB) - Discontinued by manufacturer

4.0 out of 5 stars Android Heaven, 29 Mar. 2013
Excellent phone. I foolishly bought a Windows phone - well three actually (the first two crashed after a couple of days!) the other one worked well enough, but it is so nice now to be back with an Android phone, and this is a excellent one! I thought about an S4 but being nearly £200 more thought that a bit excessive, and anyway the rumours are that many of the upgrades on S4 are to be made available for S3 download.

I have only had the phone for a week or so but apart from the very thin backcover - which I half expect to snap in two when ever I remove it - I have no problems with it. I used to like my HTC Sensation but this is superior.

I have been downloading quite a few apps and there is still plenty of memory left,and even if I run out I can add an SD Card up to 64 GB if I choose to. Removable battery also - I know this might seem like a silly point to make - but never very comfortable with Windows phones not having removable battery. It might be biggish compared to many phones but you have got a 4.8" screen - despite that it is easy to handle and feels quite light in the hand.

Screen is great very good colours etc. Range of apps superb including Samsung's own apps.

I would recommend this phone to anyone.

HTC 8X Windows Phone 8 UK Sim Free Smartphone - Blue
HTC 8X Windows Phone 8 UK Sim Free Smartphone - Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars HTC 8X crashes, 7 Dec. 2012
I was really pleased to receive my HTC 8X Phone on 16 November. Very impressed with it - I thought it was great. Fifteen days later the phone for no reason just locked up and then died, it would not respond to any button. Disappointed I contacted Amazon and got a replacement three working days later - I was quite pleased with that - So with new phone set up and working I was a happy little soldier - but 44 hours i.e. less than two days - the replacement phone decided to die as well in exactly the same way. I am now returning phone and going to have a look at a Nokia Lumia 920 - they say once bitten twice shy but what about twice bitten?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 8:53 PM GMT