Profile for Ivan > Reviews

How Bad are Bananas?: The Carbon Footprint of Everything
How Bad are Bananas?: The Carbon Footprint of Everything
by Mike Berners-Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 6 Dec. 2012
I work calculating carbon footprints, so I knew what I was getting. I enjoyed reading it, and actually when I finished I decided to start my own personal carbon footprint calculation. Recommended for those interested in knowing more about the environmental consequences of our daily activities and consumption.

Creative EP-830 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Creative EP-830 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars They sound great, 6 Dec. 2012
The best headphones I have ever had, although i must say before I used to buy crap. Not only have they a very rich sound, but also they isolate you from outside noise.

YAMAHA FG730S2VCS VINTAGE CHERRY SUNBURST Acoustic guitars Acoustic guitars
YAMAHA FG730S2VCS VINTAGE CHERRY SUNBURST Acoustic guitars Acoustic guitars

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice guitar, 6 Dec. 2012
I committed the greatest sin when buying a guitar, that is buying it without playing it before. I reviewed as much as I could about this guitar and I took the risk. I am very happy with it, although I'm not a proficient guitarist. I like a lot the sound, and the finishing is very good, it looks great. It came in 2 days, in perfect state and set up for playing after just tuning it.
Apparently in general Yamaha is very good value.
Very happy overall.

Sustainable Energy - Without the Hot Air
Sustainable Energy - Without the Hot Air
by David J. C. MacKay

5.0 out of 5 stars Sustainable Energy - Without the Hot Air, 16 Feb. 2011
This book is a must for those interested in energy and sustainability. It has plenty of objective and understandable data, used to establish a constructive discussion on the feasibility of renewables to supply western lifestyles, using the UK as a case study. The amount of data collected by prof. Mackay is impressive, and yet is easy to read. I really recommend it.