Profile for E M Oge > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Offered by Wenam Group Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids, 10 July 2017
HI-TEC Camo Junior Kids Rucksack Backpack Camouflage
Although described as a kid's rucksack I found the one I bought several years ago very handy for days out when I wouldn't need a full size bag. It's big enough for that purpose and small enough not to get in the way.
This new bag looks almost identical from the outside ~ colours a little darker ~ but the inside, although OK, is not as well finished as my old one. That said, for £8 including P&P, it's remarkable value.

Ikea Lersta Reading/Floor Lamp, Aluminum
Ikea Lersta Reading/Floor Lamp, Aluminum
Offered by UK1ONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great utiility reading lamp, 17 Jun. 2017
This looks exactly like the illustration. I bought mine last December ~ it cost about £18 then ~ and while it in't the most elegant floor lamp on the market it works very well, puts the light where I need it and, for practical purposes, is just as good (although not as pretty) as others costing more than £100.

A Step-by-Step Guide to Wills and Probate (5th Edition)
A Step-by-Step Guide to Wills and Probate (5th Edition)
by Keith Biggs

2.0 out of 5 stars May have been useful when first published but......., 9 April 2017
The glowing reviews are all several years old. This book is probably OK on the general principles but, on the detail, it's sadly out of date and, for my purposes, a waste of £10. You can't get paper forms from the Probate Service any more, only by phone from HMRC (whose number has changed) and good luck with that ! They cut me off every time I got through to their robot answering service.
The forms have changed since this book was published so the examples included are useless.
Some of the information provided (eg on joint ownership) is oversimplified and, as a result, misleading (as I found to my cost).
I could go on.
Check the date of publication of any guide before you order it.

Symphony 5
Symphony 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb music, disappointing recording., 27 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Symphony 5 (Audio CD)
Since this was recorded in the 1980s I expected a better, more detailed recording.

Anthology
Anthology

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing recording of a great artist, 27 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Anthology (Audio CD)
I had some of these songs on vinyl and something has been lost in the digital "improvement".

Merrell Jungle Moc, Men's Mules
Merrell Jungle Moc, Men's Mules
Price: £51.50 - £352.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, smart and convenient ~ I've just ordered another pair, 26 Jun. 2016
These are so comfortable that I've just ordered another pair, curiously about £12 cheaper than those I'm reviewing. The soles are very shock absorbent and the shoes are reasonably easy to pull on and off ~although I do use a shoe-horn. They're quite smart (at present), reasonably waterproof and very good value. My toe was a little damp after walking home in heavy rain on Thursday but it was a torrential downpour and they are suede or pigskin after all. Merrells are always a size smaller ~ I usually take size 8 so I must order size 9 and then they're a good fit.Merrell Jungle Moc, Men's Mules.

Epson Durabrite Inkjet Cartridge Yellow Ref T071440
Epson Durabrite Inkjet Cartridge Yellow Ref T071440
Offered by Ink sales

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced but they have us over a barrel, 1 April 2016
Difficult to review when you buy these because you usually order one to replace the cartridge you've just loaded to replace the one that was finished. So you don't find out whether it's any good until you load it months later. They're usually pretty reliable, however, as they should be at this price. I like my Epson printer but the ink is a bit of a rip-off. And Epson don't seem to have produced a driver for the Dx6000 compatible with Windows 7, let alone Windows 10.

Stress Free Tax Returns: Be better prepared for HMRC and know what to give your accountant and when (Anna's Simple Accounting Guides)
by Anna Goodwin

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably helps the uninitiated but if you've ever submitted a Return before don't bother, 24 Mar. 2016
It's an attractive booklet (leaflet ?) but it tells you what you will have already discovered if you've filled one in before and is mostly commonsense.

Epson Original T0713  Durabrite Magenta Ink Cartridge
Epson Original T0713 Durabrite Magenta Ink Cartridge

2.0 out of 5 stars You need a crystal ball to review printer ink, 5 Dec. 2015
It's difficult to write an accurate review of printer ink when you've bought it because you've just installed your last cartridge and need to order a reserve. I bought this one in May, gave it the usual optimistic review and, when I began to use it in November found that magenta was printing very pale. It's too late now to do anything about it and I shan't be buying any more from Helens but neither shall I attempt to review printing ink, since I shan't know how it performs until 6 months later.

Resistance Bands: Exercises & Home Workouts To Increase Strength, Endurance, Flexibility And Rehabilitate Your Entire Body! (Bodyweight Training, Bodyweight ... Bodybuilding, Home Workout, Gymnastics)

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and just about OK.., 19 Sept. 2015
The content is quite helpful but, in order to read it, you need to increase the print size and adjust the view from portrait to landscape (which isn't difficult in your Kindle). It was very cheap so good value but I needed to supplement it with another book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8