Profile for James Harding > Reviews

James Harding

Ride The Lightning
Ride The Lightning

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite album of all time!, 9 Jan. 2003
This review is from: Ride The Lightning (Audio CD)
This album is simply mind blowing. I'm not too keen on the opening track "Fight Fire with Fire" but after that it is absolutely incredible. This album contains arguably Metallica's best track "Fade to Black" a rock ballad with an acoustic verse, heavy chorus and 2 of Hammett's best known solos. There are other classics like "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and "Ride the Lightning" not forgetting "Creeping Death" which includes my favourite Metallica solo. This album concludes with an instrumental, and what an instrumental!!!! Regarded by many metal fans I know as the best instrumental ever.
Hetfield and Hammett is simply the best combination of rhythm/lead guitarist I have ever come across, not technically the greatest but nobody writes better riffs and solos than can be found on this album!

No More Tears
No More Tears
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Zakk at his best!, 9 Jan. 2003
This review is from: No More Tears (Audio CD)
This album is one of Ozzy's best. The album starts off with a slow melody played on guitar but don't be fooled! This cd is full of crunching guitar riffs, southern rock influenced solos and even a rock ballad as well. Zakk makes great use of pinch harmonics, and his solos show why he is one the THE metal gods. Hard to pick out highlights but some of my favourites are "Mr Tinkertrain" "I Don't Want to change the world" "Mama I'm Coming Home" and "Desire". I also strongly recommend that you buy "Blizzard of Ozz" and "Diary of a Madman" both by Ozzy.
5 out of 5 for this album, any old school metal fan should have it!