Profile for sam155 > Reviews

Content by sam155
Top Reviewer Ranking: 833
Helpful Votes: 1997

sam155 (Wales)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Breath Co Fresh Breath Dry Mouth Lozenges - Mandarin Mint, 72 Pieces
The Breath Co Fresh Breath Dry Mouth Lozenges - Mandarin Mint, 72 Pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective and individually wrapped- no more soggy mints in handbag!, 20 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are very effective. They melt in the mouth without being chalky and they really refresh and moisten your mouth. One of the best things about them is that each of the mints are in a little individual cellophane packet so I no longer have that residue of sodden peppermint at the bottom of my handbag. They are discreet and small so you can slip them in your pocket too.

BISSELL Multi-Reach 2-in-1 Light Weight Cordless Vacuum with 25.2 V Lithium-Ion, 115 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 20 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been waiting for this. What a find! No longer do I have to use the big clunky vacuum cleaner from upstairs to do the top six stairs, and then the nippy one from downstairs to do the bottom half because the cord isn't long enough. Withe the cordless Bissel the stairs took me about 12 minutes to do really thoroughly. It brings up the rug really well, and when I'm feeling lazy I use it on the laminate instead of the sweeping brush and the dustpan and brush. The power lasts for ages- we have only recharged it once despite frequent use. The detachable dust buster thingy is easy as pie to use and ideal for little spills and the whole thing is light to carry and easy to empty. I wouldn't be without out it now.

Rightmove Property Search
Rightmove Property Search

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 1 May 2015
This review is from: Rightmove Property Search (App)
A great app that does everything you want it to nice and quickly. It's great to have this to while away the time to when you're waiting for a train and you can also look up house prices of any nice For Sale properties you walk past.

Hidden Artifacts: Hidden Object Investigation
Hidden Artifacts: Hidden Object Investigation

2.0 out of 5 stars Too fiddly, 1 May 2015
I didn't like this as there were too many plots, dialogue, introductions and characters to follow and listen to. I was looking for a quick game you can play on the go for the kids. This wasn't what I was looking for.

The Last Anniversary
The Last Anniversary
by Liane Moriarty

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read, but hard work in the middle., 1 May 2015
This review is from: The Last Anniversary (Paperback)
I first came across Liane Moriarty when I read The Husband's Secret- a superb book which I could not put down. The Last Anniversary isn't as gripping and in places it meanders a bit too much. I feel like I have been reading it for years and not getting anywhere, despite engaging characters and convincing dialogue. The plots starts off intriguingly and then sags in the middle, although the character of Sophie keeps the reader's interest. The plot where Sophie keeps thinking "is this The One?" went a bit chick lit for me, but its by no means dominates the main plot.

I'm giving it three stars because although it's well written, I have been halfway through it for weeks and the plot and pace hasn't really picked up again yet.

The Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently
The Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently
by Allen Carr

4.0 out of 5 stars It's long and sometimes over-detailed, but I'm on the right track, 1 May 2015
I have read and reread the EasyWay to stop smoking and found it very effective, but I keep falling off the wagon after three months. I bought The Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently to try and counter this and because I'd heard a former smoker say they read this and never looked back. So far, it is quite a long and dense read, with typeface which is very small and content that is a lot more rambling. The point is still made though, and its all going in but I haven't got to the end yet. Carr seems to go off on more tangents with this book though- you can tell he had an ambitious word count target.

I will get back to you about the results as its taking a really long time to read, but I have every faith.

The Accidental Prime Minister
The Accidental Prime Minister
by Tom McLaughlin

4.0 out of 5 stars More please!, 26 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son is age 8 and has a voracious appetite for reading. I gave him this book, asked if he had started it yet, and he told me he had already finished it. He liked the humour and the way the adults were outclassed and outwitted. I would like to see more from Tom McLaughlin- he is a fresh voice that my son really enjoyed. He doesn't talk down to children, and plot and characterization were all spot on, without too much laborious detail.

Yardley London Jade Eau de Toilette for Women 50 ml
Yardley London Jade Eau de Toilette for Women 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value and great for summer., 23 April 2015
This is wonderfully light, with green notes that smell unmistakably fresh. It really reminds me of Chanel Cristalle. It's light, pure and clean with a long lasting mossy base. This is described as a sixties style chypre, but if that doesn't persuade you, then just take my word for it that this is perfect for a hot day and very refreshing.

Spending Tracker
Spending Tracker

4.0 out of 5 stars It's surprising!, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Spending Tracker (App)
Very handy, as long you remember to tot up everything you spend. Worth trying though- I was shocked by how all the little things added up!

Oral B Vitality Plus White and Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral B Vitality Plus White and Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

4.0 out of 5 stars Noticed improved whiteness, 11 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I normally use an ordinary manual toothbrush but having recently been booked in for a "clean" with the dental hygienist (ouch- I hated it!), I decided I didn't want one of those again. I had heard that electric toothbrushes could improve tooth whiteness and that many dentists recommended them. I was therefore ready and willing to try the Oral B Vitality Plus.

I must say, I found my first use quite alarming- its noisy and it vibrates hard so it felt weird putting it into my mouth when it sounds a bit like a drill. However I soon got used to having the buzzy head glide over my teeth. I have noticed a definite improvement in tooth whiteness since using it- not drastically so, but enough to hopefully put the dental hygienist off my case. I also like how smooth and glossy my teeth feel afterwards. It comes with two heads and a recharger but I've been using this for two weeks and haven't had to recharge it yet.

All in all- excellent performance, but it was a bit "bracing" the first time I used it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20