Profile for sam155 > Reviews

Content by sam155
Top Reviewer Ranking: 920
Helpful Votes: 2026

sam155 (Wales)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Strawberry Thief Cosmetic Bag
Strawberry Thief Cosmetic Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and great quality, 2 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a beautiful product with a silky lining and a brass tag with the William Morris emblem on it. It's well made and looks like it cost much more than it does. I nearly gave this away as a gift but selfishly kept it for myself as it was so gorgeous. It's quite roomy and big, so falls somewhere between a wash bag and a big purse.

The Woman Who Stole My Life
The Woman Who Stole My Life

2.0 out of 5 stars Not her best. Struggled to finish it., 26 Jun. 2015
Oh dear. The usually wonderful Marian Keyes has written a book that I didn't want to finish. This is very unusual since usually I get so stuck inot a Marian Keyes novel that I end up going to bed earlier and earlier just so I can spend more time reading it.

I read the blurb for The Woman Who Stole My Life and it drew me in. I was all set to enjoy it, but I was sorely disappointed. For one thing, the story manages to be both slow moving and disjointed at the same time. I am on page 61 and I feel like I've been there for weeks. The time hops back and forth and the changes of direction and anecdotes are just wasting valuable plot time. Stella is irritating, but I can't put my finger on why.

Later in the book there are various Fifty shades style sex scenes, which don't seem very Marian. In fact they seemed to be as if they were put in to stay au courant, which Marian doesn't need to do.

The style is Keyes' usual chatty style: approachable, engaging and easy to read, but I just found this book quite irritating. I'm determined to finish it though, even though its become more of a chore than a pleasure.

The Dinosaur That Pooped A Planet!
The Dinosaur That Pooped A Planet!
by Tom Fletcher

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it, 4 Jun. 2015
This has everything my five year old wants: dinosaurs, big pictures, poo and farts and a far fetched story. It ticks all the boxes. If he could write Amazon Reviews he would give it five stars. Personally I found the rhymes a bit shoe-horned in places and the whole thing's daft as a brush, but it wasn't written for me! Five stars

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa [DVD]
Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Coogan
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Lost me about half way through, 4 Jun. 2015
Not as funny as the series. Not as tightly scripted either, and in fact I went off to make a cup of tea in the middle of it and didn't bother going back.

The Top Five Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing
The Top Five Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing
by Bronnie Ware

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 2 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this thinking it would be inspirational and comforting and it was, in a way. Bronnie has worked in palliative care and shares some very poignant scenes from people's lives as they were close to death. One scene in particular stood out for me. A patient is in the bath, and she loved having a bath- it was one of her favourite things. However as she sits in the bath, she realizes that it will be her last bath and she breaks into racking sobs. It was heartrending to read, but after the sobbing, there comes a sort of peace and acceptance: a description that sums up both the grief towards the end of a dying persons's life and the grief suffered by those left behind. Peace follows pain.

Like other reviewers however, I found there was a bit too much naval gazing from the author, but you can also see how this book healed her too.

Talisker Skye Single Malt Scotch Whisky 70 cl
Talisker Skye Single Malt Scotch Whisky 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again for sure!, 31 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The box depicted a hard, rugged product but on opening the box I was pleasantly surprised. The light, golden colour of the whisky was appealing and the aroma was refreshing with just a hint of oak. The taste was pleasing on the palate, light and pleasant with no harshness or aftertaste.
I would definitely buy this again and recommend it to whisky lovers.

The Breath Co Fresh Breath Dry Mouth Lozenges - Mandarin Mint, 72 Pieces
The Breath Co Fresh Breath Dry Mouth Lozenges - Mandarin Mint, 72 Pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective and individually wrapped- no more soggy mints in handbag!, 20 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are very effective. They melt in the mouth without being chalky and they really refresh and moisten your mouth. One of the best things about them is that each of the mints are in a little individual cellophane packet so I no longer have that residue of sodden peppermint at the bottom of my handbag. They are discreet and small so you can slip them in your pocket too.

BISSELL Multi-Reach 2-in-1 Light Weight Cordless Vacuum with 25.2 V Lithium-Ion 115 W

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 20 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been waiting for this. What a find! No longer do I have to use the big clunky vacuum cleaner from upstairs to do the top six stairs, and then the nippy one from downstairs to do the bottom half because the cord isn't long enough. Withe the cordless Bissel the stairs took me about 12 minutes to do really thoroughly. It brings up the rug really well, and when I'm feeling lazy I use it on the laminate instead of the sweeping brush and the dustpan and brush. The power lasts for ages- we have only recharged it once despite frequent use. The detachable dust buster thingy is easy as pie to use and ideal for little spills and the whole thing is light to carry and easy to empty. I wouldn't be without out it now.

Rightmove Property Search
Rightmove Property Search

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 1 May 2015
This review is from: Rightmove Property Search (App)
A great app that does everything you want it to nice and quickly. It's great to have this to while away the time to when you're waiting for a train and you can also look up house prices of any nice For Sale properties you walk past.

Hidden Artifacts: Hidden Object Investigation
Hidden Artifacts: Hidden Object Investigation

2.0 out of 5 stars Too fiddly, 1 May 2015
I didn't like this as there were too many plots, dialogue, introductions and characters to follow and listen to. I was looking for a quick game you can play on the go for the kids. This wasn't what I was looking for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20