Profile for sam155 > Reviews

Content by sam155
Top Reviewer Ranking: 902

sam155 (Wales)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Maybelline Vivid Matte Lipstick Number 35, Rebel Red
Maybelline Vivid Matte Lipstick Number 35, Rebel Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Here are the good points and bad points, 26 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well here are the good points:

1. It's easy to apply. The applicator is a spongy wand and the texture makes it easy to paint on, like a brush.
2. The colour is spot on. It's a classic and glamorous pillar box red.
3. It's very shiny and glossy.

Here are the bad points:

1. One glass of wine and all that was left was a faint pink smudge.

Rose And Co Rose Petal Salve Excellent All Round Beauty Salve With Beeswax 20g
Rose And Co Rose Petal Salve Excellent All Round Beauty Salve With Beeswax 20g

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely gorgeous!, 26 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a beautiful little pot of balm. It smells stunning- like rose water and rose petals. It reminded me of Turkish Delight. The texture is just right- it's set solid but just rub your finger in it and the right amount comes off. I use it on my lips, but I have also used it on my hands when I'm out and about. It moisturizes without being greasy and the solid waxy texture means that it won't leak or spill. I'm going to be buying one for my all friends.

Vicks VDT969EU AgeSmart Family Thermometer
Vicks VDT969EU AgeSmart Family Thermometer

5.0 out of 5 stars User friendly and efficient, 22 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is exactly what the doctor ordered. My son has recurring temperatures and my doctor recommended an electronic thermometer. This fits the bill perfectly. It's easy to use, with a clear display that I can read in the middle of the night without having to find my glasses. the tip, which can be inserted just inside the ear ( but not far inside) is small enough to be unobtrusive to the child. It's become a staple in our first aid box.

While My Eyes Were Closed: The #1 Bestseller
While My Eyes Were Closed: The #1 Bestseller

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book, very well written, with twists I didn't see coming., 19 July 2016
This is the first Linda Green book I have ever read and it won't be the last. I finished it this morning, almost making myself late. This is addictive reading.

The story is of an ordinary mother called Lisa, trying to be all things to all people and taking her eye off the ball for a crucial couple of minutes. In those minutes, her 4 year old daughter goes missing. That's one thread of the story, but there are two more stories cleverly woven together that bring at least three big twists in the second half, which I didn't see coming at all. I won't give the ending away except to say that I found it satisfying and well written.

I have read a couple of "grip-lit" thrillers lately that left me underwhelmed with bad writing and poor research, but this one has neither of those flaws. This is very well written, with perfect pacing and suspense, well rounded characters that you really care about, and tight research that makes it believable and makes it flow.

I can't wait to read more Linda Green. She's a safe bet for a thrilling read.

I Found You
I Found You

5.0 out of 5 stars Her Best Ever, 14 July 2016
This review is from: I Found You (Kindle Edition)
I have loved Lisa Jewell since Ralph's Party. In a way, I have grown up with her. When she wrote books about singles, I was single. When she wrote books about families, I had a family. Now she seems to have entered onto darker turf, just as my children are older and my brain seeks more exercise. Her writing just gets better and better.

I Found You is a combination of psychological thriller, family saga, romance and mystery. Mainly though, it's dark (positively grueling in places) so be warned. This is a tightly written book that I was gripped by very quickly. There are three stories which are intrinsically linked, but how they are linked is part of the mystery and it kept me guessing.

Alice finds Frank on the beach. A trauma has caused him to lose his memory. Meanwhile Ukrainian 21 year old Lily is looking for her missing British husband. Alongside that there is a tale of tragedy from 1993 which forms the basis of the story. But who is Frank? He could be one of two people, and Jewell keeps us guessing. Each character is well drawn, not a scene is wasted, the tension is perfectly pitched and the ending satisfying. There is pathos, bravery, grief, love and danger. I found myself going to bed much earlier than usual, and reading it much later than usual. I couldn't go to sleep without knowing what happened.

Jewell is at the pinnacle of her powers and I would go as far as to say that I Found You is Jewell's masterpiece. Superbly done, and her best ever.
(With thanks to Netgalley for a copy of this book in return for an honest review)

Davidoff Champion Eau De Toilette For Men 30 ml
Davidoff Champion Eau De Toilette For Men 30 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and refreshing on a hot day, 13 July 2016
This is so gorgeously fresh and uplifting that I might steal it from my nephew, who I bought it for. It's not heavy or rich. It smells really clean and "green", as if you've just had a shower.

Rodial O2 Snake Serum 30 ml
Rodial O2 Snake Serum 30 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars A little face lift in a bottle, 13 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is for tired people like me, who keep promising themselves they'll get round to a long complicated skincare regime one day but never quite manage it. All you have to do is make sure your skin is clean and apply this to your face. Don't let the scary name put you off: This will tighten your face (not uncomfortably) and it gave me a little glow, as if I'd had twelve hours sleep (I wish!). It's a bit pricey, but I would say definitely worth it for special occasions, and cheaper than surgery or facial peels. It's a little mini face lift in a bottle.

Philips Sonicare HX8918/10 HealthyWhite Plus Electric Toothbrush and TongueCare
Philips Sonicare HX8918/10 HealthyWhite Plus Electric Toothbrush and TongueCare

4.0 out of 5 stars Your mouth will feel squeaky clean, 13 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using this for several weeks now. My tongue feels almost brand new every morning and my teeth feel smooth and clean. I can't say my teeth are whiter- they weren't bad to begin with and I did find the tongue cleaning liquid VERY strong. However, I was impressed with the long lasting battery life- three weeks before I had to recharge it. It does cost a lot, and before I had this I used to brush my tongue with my toothbrush and rinse it off, so I'm not sure if the special tongue cleaner is worth this very high price.

It will make your mouth feel super clean and sparkly though, of that I am sure.

Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Revitalize Eau de Toilette - 50 ml
Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Revitalize Eau de Toilette - 50 ml
Offered by Innox Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars So refreshing!, 5 July 2016
This is a wonderfully refreshing fragrance. It bursts with citrus and green notes and is excellent value. I'm on my second bottle. Perfect for hot days in summer.

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) [DVD]
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gene Wilder

5.0 out of 5 stars The original and best, 3 July 2016
Despite the rather dated sets, this remains my favourite Willy Wonka film, and one of my favourite films ever. From the great casting to Anthony Newley's unforgettable soundtrack, this has a sense of wonder and fantasy that finds me watching it with my kids, just as I watched it at their age.

It's truer to the book than the later Tim Burton version and not as creepy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20