Profile for sam155 > Reviews

Content by sam155
Top Reviewer Ranking: 981

sam155 (Wales)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HP 301 Black Original Ink Cartridge (CH561EE)
HP 301 Black Original Ink Cartridge (CH561EE)
Offered by InkData

5.0 out of 5 stars The real thing, 19 July 2017
Does the job and is easy to install. I always order two so that I have a spare. Lasts a long time. I've tried cheaper reconditioned ones but to be honest they're not as good.

Leifheit Pegasus Tower 190 Clothes Airer 81435
Leifheit Pegasus Tower 190 Clothes Airer 81435

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and easy to use, 19 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This could probably hold about two washing machine loads of laundry. It has cute pegs for small items such as socks and handy wire shelves. It is light to carry and easy to set up and fold away. The wire shelves mean that you can also dry items flat such as delicate woollens. I also use the shelves to air pillows between bedding changes. It folds away flat and can be kept behind the wardrobe.

I would recommend this for its lightness, ease of use and versatility.

Four Bridesmaids and a White Wedding: the laugh-out-loud romantic comedy of the year!

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect summer read, 4 July 2017
This is the third Fiona Collins novel I have read and if you haven't read all of her books yet, then you're in for a treat. To me, Fiona, is a cut above chick lit. She writes about the kind of characters that I could be friends with. I'm in my forties and her books don't feel "too young" as some books do. The plot jogs along at just the right pace and the comedy comes thick and fast. Four iridesmaids and a White Wedding isn't just about friendships, it's about so much more, as you will find out. This is the perfect summer read: entertaining, funny and heartwarming. Bravo Fiona!

Then She Was Gone: The Sunday Times No 1 Bestseller
Then She Was Gone: The Sunday Times No 1 Bestseller
by Lisa Jewell

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, gripping, harrowing, perfect, 4 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Last time I reviewed a Lisa Jewell book (I Found You) I thought it was a masterpiece and wrote that she was at the top of her game. Well, what can I say now that she has written an even better book? I tell you, this woman is a genius.

Then She Was Gone will break your heart in about ten places. Its observations are so acute it’s as if Jewell can look into people’s minds. Laurel’s life before she lost her daughter was an ordinary cycle of worry and waiting and Jewell describes that with suchabsolute accuracy that I found myself nodding.

I’m not giving anything away here that’s no in the blurb. Laurel’s daughter Ellie goes missing aged fifteen, and that’s the main plot point. The hook of the story is so irresistible that you will be tempted to devour this book in one gulp. Several years after her daughter’s death she meets her boyfriend’s daughter who is so like Ellie that its stops Laurel in her tracks. Therein lies an intriguing story told in tantalising pieces that the readers fits together like an addictive jigsaw.

The book is harrowing in places, but the story is vividly told and not without shafts of light. It is one of the best books I have ever read and just one of the many reasons why Lisa Jewell is my favourite author. Possibly ever.

Nokia Steel - Activity & Sleep Watch, white
Nokia Steel - Activity & Sleep Watch, white

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylish good looks, but does it beat the competition?, 29 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my third different activity tracker so there are several aspects I want to look at it in comparison with my other previous brands.
My first activity tracker was a Jawbone UP2. And my second was a Garmin (in fetching purple rubber).
Here’s where this Nokia model beats them both:
1. Style- The Nokia looks more like a stylish wristwatch and goes well with workwear or any occasion where you don’t want a purple rubber wristband on (as I did with my Garmin).
2. Easy to put on: There’s no fiddly threading through (like the Jawbone)- it’s like a watch and is fully adjustable. I went through two Jawbones that both broke in the same place within six months.
3. Battery You don’t need to recharge it for eight months (unlike the Jawbone which needed regular recharging)
4. Waterproof You can wear it swimming and it won’t die. (unlike the Jawbone and the Garmin).
The downsides are that the Nokia doesn’t give the immediate read-out that my Garmin does. My Garmin activity tracker has a little LCD display and at any time I could instantly see how many steps and calories I had covered. The Jawbone would only do that via the app, and so does the Nokia – the Health Mate app. The app, by the way was easy to install as these things usually are, at least in my experience.
So why would I choose this above another brand? Well, being waterproof is handy and I like not having to charge it and it also looks very good.
However, despite the purple rubber band of my Garmin which does not go well with evening wear, I think that one will remain my favourite with its instant-read LCD stats. The Nokia definitely goes best with a suit though. The Nokia could also be improved with a better watch display as it has no numbers and doesn’t glow in the dark.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2017 3:09 PM BST

Barry Loser and the birthday billions (The Barry Loser Series)
Barry Loser and the birthday billions (The Barry Loser Series)
by Jim Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 28 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son is ten and he loves these books. He very much enjoyed Barry Loser and The Birthday Billions. He said it was funny and it kept his interest until the end, which is quite a feat since he occasionally discards books halfway through. This is a funny, lively book that will appeal to fans of Tom Gates and Books by David Walliams.

Heathcote & Ivory Sweet Pea and Honeysuckle Fragranced Drawer Liners, Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars So beautifully scented!, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used to have scented drawer liners for Christmas as a child so I was delighted to see these and simply had to get them. They come in the most beautiful packaging, almost good enough to give as a gift without using wrapping paper. They smell wonderful- light and floral. they will appeal to just about anyone as the scent is not too heavy or niche. I have lined my lingerie drawer with these and every time I open it, the fragrance gives off little floral bursts of scent. I was going to give this away as a gift, but I kept them.

Rimmel Scandal'Eyes Bold Liquid Liner 2.5 ml
Rimmel Scandal'Eyes Bold Liquid Liner 2.5 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite, 22 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using a liquid liner for over a decade and haven't strayed from my favourite inexpensive brand. I tried Rimmel Scandal'Eyes with low expectations, but it was excellent. It is very easy to apply. If you can use a felt pen, you can use this. The black is a nice sooty black and you can do wings and cats eyes with it and they will STAY PUT. I currentyly have hayfever and the weather is hot at the moment, and it still stayed put!

I declare this my new favourite eyeliner.

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train
by Paula Hawkins

4.0 out of 5 stars Four stars and here's why, 19 Jun. 2017
This review is from: The Girl on the Train (Paperback)
This is a gripping book that I bought purely from all the fuss in the media about it.

It's a bit different from many other other books of the "domestic noir" or "grip lit" genre in so far as the main protaganist, Rchael, is an unreliable narrator with a serious drink problem. However, there are two otehr narrators and with their version as well, the mystery is revealed with tantalising reveals and twists.

My only complaint is that it did sag a bit in the second third of the book. It seemed a bit repetitive for a few chapters and I nearly started a different book at one point, but then it picked up.

I liked the idea of wondering about other people's lived just from watching them in their homes. It's kind of creepy but intriguing. Poor Rachel doesnt have much of a life of her own so she well and truly inserts herself into other people's.

As a debut, this is remarkable.

Hallmark Father's Day Card 'Thank You' - Medium
Hallmark Father's Day Card 'Thank You' - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars "ooh, this one's posh!", 19 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a beautiful card with a lovely verse. The card is thick and good quality with a lovely satin ribbon on the outside. When my son gave this to my husband, even my husband said "ooh, this one's posh!"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20