Profile for Hiawatha > Reviews

Content by Hiawatha

Hiawatha "Hiawatha" (Bath, Somerset)

Wahl Chrome Ionic 2000W Hair Dryer
Wahl Chrome Ionic 2000W Hair Dryer

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 5 Aug. 2014
It sounds a bit tinny but does the job perfectly well.

Case-Mate Barely There Cases for Samsung Galaxy S II - Metallic Silver
Case-Mate Barely There Cases for Samsung Galaxy S II - Metallic Silver
Offered by DeviceFun

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit bent on arrival, 5 Aug. 2014
It''sky ok. Mine arrived very slightly bent, so the phone doesn't sit that neatly in the case. It was too cheap to bother returning it and, although it doesn't look as smart as I'd like, it'll do.

Lost In The Dream
Lost In The Dream

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this album, 5 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Lost In The Dream (Audio CD)
I love this album. It's swirling and pretty intense in places, but none the worse for it. A new favourite band for me, especially having caught their rain sodden performance at Glastonbury this year.

Lazaretto
Lazaretto

4.0 out of 5 stars A corker., 5 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Lazaretto (Audio CD)
Smashing.

Belkin Quilted Cover iPad Air Case with Stand - Cream
Belkin Quilted Cover iPad Air Case with Stand - Cream
Offered by You Want One

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality., 31 Mar. 2014
This iPad cover has a quality feel and look, as you'd expect from Belkin. It works as you'd want it to, too.

Am-Tech A2 Cutting Mat
Am-Tech A2 Cutting Mat
Offered by ALL YOU CAN HAVE

4.0 out of 5 stars Space-saving and handy, 31 Mar. 2014
I do all my sewing on my dining table. This mat means I can slice away with impunity and not mess up the surface. I might've gone for a bigger size, on reflection, but as a relative newcomer to quilting, this is good for now. I saw a reviewer complain that it had to be stored horizontally. I slide mine under the settee.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite new toy, 31 Mar. 2014
This is excellent. Goes through layers of fabric like a hot knife through butter. I find it useful for trimming along seams to give a flatter, neater finish as well. The safety catch is good, if you're prone to dropping things.

Quilting Step By Step
Quilting Step By Step
by Maggi McCormick Gordon

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good guide for a beginner, 31 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Quilting Step By Step (Hardcover)
This is a great book for someone coming back to quilting after a very, very long time. I first found it via my local library, but found it so useful, I ordered a copy for keeps. The written instructions are concise but comprehensive. The illustrations are clear and helpful. As the title implies, It doesn't assume experience of techniques, but has such a broad range, you'd have to be a very experienced quilter not to pick something new up from it. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Treatment, not treat, but very effective nevertheless, 14 Feb. 2012
I was looking for the Dermalogica handcream, but found this instead. I only use it once or twice a day, usually in the evening to get the most out of it. It's really good, my hands are a lot softer than they were before I started using it, but I find the perfume a bit weird. It's not a pampering product for that reason -more treatment than treat.

Pocket Money CATCH BALL & CONE
Pocket Money CATCH BALL & CONE
Offered by The Training Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Pinger lost its spring, 12 Jan. 2011
My dog loves chasing balls pinged out of these things. Unfortunately, the ball that it comes with is really flimsy, so it lasted all of 15 seconds. We tried other balls, but the mechanism just traps them and it doesn't work.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2011 3:22 PM BST