Profile for Ms. Mary Fletcher > Reviews

Content by Ms. Mary Fletcher

Ms. Mary Fletcher (u.k.Cornwall)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Honeystore Women's Latin Dance Closed Toe T Strap Glitter Mary Jane Dance Shoes Navy 3.5 UK
Offered by Honeystore

5.0 out of 5 stars Sparkly beautiful shoes., 4 Nov. 2016
So pleased with these. They are so sparkly and fit very well, looking forward to dancing in them

Flapper Headband with Crystal Heart Detail, Black, 1920s Fancy Dress
Flapper Headband with Crystal Heart Detail, Black, 1920s Fancy Dress
Offered by FancyDressForAll

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and attractive accessory., 4 Nov. 2016
Nicer than I thought it would be and ideal to go with flapper dress.

Rachmaninov (Illustrated Lives of the Great Composers)
Rachmaninov (Illustrated Lives of the Great Composers)
by Robert Matthew-Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative ., 4 Nov. 2016
It's informative about events and in the context of history and has interesting photos. I would have liked more on the music and to see what his written scores looked like. Very little about his feelings.

The Good Soldier (Pocket Penguins)
The Good Soldier (Pocket Penguins)
by Ford Madox Ford

1.0 out of 5 stars Depressing drivel., 4 Nov. 2016
Having read that this is a masterpiece I was very disappointed. It is a tale of wealthy, idle people who behave badly and accept that couples will be unfaithful. It reminded me a bit of Proust in that as far as I remember in his famous work there is endless suspicion, lies and infidelity. There are witty phrases but I couldn't wait for it to end, just continuing in the hopes of it improving. I was expecting revelations about the narrator but there are none. In comparison with Lawrence, Hardy, Woolf it is drivel.

Matching Bedroom Sets® Flex Foam Support Bed Wedge with Red Removeable Quilted Cover, 2 way Comfort and Support.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wedge for sleeping., 28 Oct. 2016
I wanted a red wedge, to possibly use as an artistic pun re the famous red wedge painting about the Russian revolution, but never mind, had to choose blue as red was out of stock. It's helped a lot with sleeping propped up more to avoid reflux and when I have a cough also. It's very firm and comfortable and I put my pillows on top as a softer and washable

Designer Blouse Jacket Embroidered Ready- Made Blouse Weaving Crop- Top
Designer Blouse Jacket Embroidered Ready- Made Blouse Weaving Crop- Top
Offered by Indianbeautifulart

4.0 out of 5 stars Remarkably decorative., 28 Oct. 2016
This embroidered jacket has arrived in a few days and it fits. I wish it was a bit longer and that the zip handle were less large and prominent and that I could think when I will wear it, but it is remarkably decorative and amazing value.the back is plain.

Sexed Universals in Contemporary Art (Aesthetics Today)
Sexed Universals in Contemporary Art (Aesthetics Today)
by Penny Florence

1.0 out of 5 stars Heavy going., 28 Oct. 2016
I wish someone else would review this. I am a feminist who has studied art history and women artists, I'm expecting to value what Penny Florence has to say, but it's such heavy going, so ponderously expressed at such length that I just cannot read it. Could an editor get her to express herself more clearly and concisely? The illustrations are small and grey.
A sentence page 53, describes St.Ives as a 'remote part of the United Kingdom'. I live there so to me it's here, but even if I lived in London, which I would not describe as remote from here, it's only 5 hours on a train.
That's a tiny detail but in general I feel there are good things Florence may have to say but I cannot muster the energy to sift them out of the welter of learned treacle.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 25 May 2016
Feels and looks good quality. I used it to alter into a 'Poldark' tricorn hat with a bit of steaming and three stitches.

50mm EU Referendum Badge
50mm EU Referendum Badge
Offered by LJ's Partnership

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly., 25 May 2016
Attractive, large badge with clear message. Most importantly arrived in two days , in time to wear before the postal votes are out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2016 9:21 PM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and good value., 25 May 2016
Useful lightweight cropped trousers that fit well and go with anything. Nicely made and good value for money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11