Profile for JUE > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
LOST The GAME
LOST The GAME

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 3 Nov. 2014
This review is from: LOST The GAME (App)
Did not load on the new Kindle 6" (2014) version. Waste of money.

4 Pics 1 Word Puzzle: What's That Word?
4 Pics 1 Word Puzzle: What's That Word?

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, 31 Oct. 2014
Great for younger players, easy to follow.

BBC iPlayer
BBC iPlayer

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not work on new Kindles 2014 version, 29 Oct. 2014
This review is from: BBC iPlayer (App)
Does not work on the new Kindle HD 6". Very disappointed.

Utopia - Series 1-2 [DVD]
Utopia - Series 1-2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fiona O'Shaughnessy

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon - please make a series 3!!!, 15 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Utopia - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
Amazon - please make a series 3!!

I have to say I am utterly disappointed at C4's decision to axe this one of a kind TV show!
Please Amazon buy the rights and make a follow up series to at least conclude the cult TV show.
I would give this more than five stars; brilliant original writing, an array of talented actors. It was not just intelligent watching, it was pure art. I could totally immerse myself and get lost in the whole eerie atmosphere the show created.
Utopia had a growing hardcore cult following for a reason - it is escapism, not to some dull reality show or DIY show that swamps every channel.
I have to say there would be room for a couple more series, it has so much unfulfilled potential.

Chicony A065R00DL PQ85 AC Adapter Charger Power Cord for HP Compaq Thin Client 2230S/2510p/2710p

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 3 Sept. 2014
I don't think this is powerful enough for my laptop, eventhough it says it's comaptible.
It overheated on quite a few occasions - I didn't leave it plugged in for too long, in fear of it setting itself on fire.
Stopped working exactly one month after buying.
My advice - pay a little extra for something more poweful and better made.

Ian Snow Retro Hurricane Lamp, White
Ian Snow Retro Hurricane Lamp, White

3.0 out of 5 stars Retro fab - but fragile!", 13 Jun. 2014
PROS:
Lovely unique piece that looks fantastic as a decoration - think vintage glamour!
Nice sturdy base.
The jewels hang exactly as in the picture and are well constructed.
CONS:
The glass seems rather fragile and cracks quite easily (mine has a slight crack near the top - not too noticeable)
The base is sturdy, but the main glass part does move a little from side to side.
The brass trim at the top of the lamp has quite a rough finish in places.

Thermos Safety Stripe Soft Lunch Bag, Lime
Thermos Safety Stripe Soft Lunch Bag, Lime

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to clean!, 15 Mar. 2014
I have to say, I have bought numerous lunch bags for my youngest. Each and every one of them has had to be binned within a few months, due to the bag smelling stale and food clogging up in the seams. This however, does not have seams in the main compartment and is therefor a breeze to clean out. It is well made and spacious inside - and insulated!
Can't fault a well made product, it is worth paying a extra few quid for a product that is far better than the others out there.
Absolutely recommended!

Cliff Richard 1970s
Cliff Richard 1970s
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Cliff!, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Cliff Richard 1970s (Audio CD)
Bought as a joke birthday present for a closet cliff fan.

She didn't appreciate it, guess the joke's on me, eh cliff?

Aurora 11.5-inch Tumbles Cat
Aurora 11.5-inch Tumbles Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Aurora 11.5-inch Tumbles Cat (Toy)
Bought for my daughter, it is so cute, I wanted to eat it!

It stands up on it's own comical looking little legs.

What can I say? I wish I'd bought for myself!

Apple iPod - 30GB - Black [video playback] MA146B/A
Apple iPod - 30GB - Black [video playback] MA146B/A

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful battery life, don't waste your money., 16 April 2012
The only positive is the sound quality - when it works!

The battery on this ipod is awful at best. When I first purchased this item brand new, the battery would last for about 1-2 hours, which wasn't brilliant. After less than a year of use the battery stopped functioning properly, the same message re-appearing on the screen and it would not charge. Google 'please wait, very low battery' and you will see countless disgruntled and baffled ipod users, with exactly the same ipod battery problems as I have experienced. After 6 years, Apple seem to have over looked this common battery failure. I have had the battery replaced, and that too developed the same problem within days. It will not get past trying to boot up, therefor rendering this nice looking gadget as useless. I have heard there is an issue with connectors coming loose from the motherboard, which could be the problem. To be honest I don't care anymore, I have wasted too much money on it already.

For the amount of money I have paid for this, I am extremely disappointed with the battery life and the seemingly poor parts used. Cheap and flimsy comes to mind. I cannot understand how these ipods and iphones have become so popular. Its not like you can expand the memory or replace the battery manually.

The first and last Apple purchase I will ever make.

Page: 1 | 2