Profile for Daisy Wang > Reviews

Womens/Ladies Gardening Clogs Lightweight Cloggies, Various Colours & Sizes
Offered by one-stop-eshop
Price: £9.99 - £12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute but didn't last, 18 Jun. 2016
On the plus side - light, comfortable, cute shoes. On the minus side - developed a leaking hole within 10 days, so no longer waterproof.

TeckNet Econo 2.4G Nano Wireless Mouse, 18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels
Offered by Innovation Goal UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Weird and not wonderful, 18 Jun. 2016
Maybe I had the inevitable faulty one you find in any batch, but I found this mouse useless. I do a lot of word processing, but when trying to cut and paste or copy, this mouse wouldn't highlight the target text but kept jumping around so I ended up using the keypad - much slower for me. When web-browsing, things got really random - for example on Amazon when trying to search for a specific item, I got launched to all kinds of weird and wonderful places. At first I thought it was Amazon playing games, but when it started happening on other websites I realised it was the mouse. Fine if you've got plenty of time on your hands, otherwise not ideal. Returned for refund.

SPIROS, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 5 litre, PDO Kalamata
SPIROS, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 5 litre, PDO Kalamata
Offered by Olive Tree London Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Jan. 2016
Love this oil! Grassy green with a lightly peppery finish and very fresh. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars ... green oil with a pronounced olive flavour and a nice peppery tang, 10 Aug. 2015
Lovely grassy green oil with a pronounced olive flavour and a nice peppery tang. Super-fast delivery too, three days from Germany.

Kuretake brush weather metallic 6 color set CBK-55ME/6V (japan import)
Kuretake brush weather metallic 6 color set CBK-55ME/6V (japan import)
Offered by KMZ-tradings

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, 13 July 2015
Lovely pens, took a while to arrive but worth the wait as they arrived with a charming little gift all the way from Japan.

4' x 2' Broody Coop suitable as a Chicken House, Duck House, Hen House, Small animal House for guinea Pigs, Rabbits, ferrets or other small animals or poultry. (Poultry House)
Offered by South West Timber Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better quality than average, 13 July 2015
Ordered this coop as emergency housing for young hens. Much better quality than too many similar products out there, easy to put together and the pre-treated timber means it should last us a while. Excellent customer service and fast delivery. Very pleased.

The Goldfinch
The Goldfinch
by Donna Tartt

4.0 out of 5 stars Two months later..., 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Goldfinch (Hardcover)
My long, slow reading of The Goldfinch has been a joke between myself and my partner for - well, it seems like years - so I have just checked when I started out on the marathon. I read the first page on 1st November last year, as it now is. I finished the book (hurrah!) this morning. I reckon that's somewhere around 61 days, reading at least a little every day. And I'm writing this review as a badge of honour to myself for getting through it.

Don't get me wrong. Most of it, I enjoyed, though I agree with other reviewers that in parts the descriptive writing becomes cloying. For me, that was certainly the case towards the end, when I was desperate to be done with the weight of the book, physically and metaphorically, and really didn't want more description of brown-walled Amsterdam cafes, or how Boris ate his herring. A little more pace, Donna, please!

There is something Dickensian about the story, about Theo's downward spiral, about Hobie, the antique shop, the glittering, shallow world of New York's elite and the troubling blur of Vegas drug-addiction. I liked all that, but then I like Dickens. What I didn't like was the last thirty or so pages, which I speed-read (sad after such an epic fictional journey) - 'meaning of life' waffle which is almost always a mistake in fiction, no matter how well-regarded the author. If the book's well written, any message it holds will have come through loud and clear, without whacking the reader over the head with it in the final paragraphs.

In short - and if Donna won't be brief, I will - I'm glad I read it, but it's not a novel for anyone who enjoys a pacy read. Could have been 100 pages shorter at least and been none the worse for it.

Anker® C200 Full-Size Ergonomic Wireless Mouse with 6 Buttons, 3 DPI Adjustment Levels and 2000 DPI (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful to use..., 3 April 2013
Ridiculous as it might sound, this mouse is really comfortable for the hand. It felt like carpet slippers after high heels. A real pleasure to use, and effortless to install - ten seconds, and it was up and running. At the price I paid, a brilliant bargain and an easy five stars.

The Dip: The extraordinary benefits of knowing when to quit (and when to stick)
The Dip: The extraordinary benefits of knowing when to quit (and when to stick)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too short and sweet, 3 April 2013
The overview of this book spoke to me, but I didn't read the reviews carefully enough. I downloaded the Kindle version and found what I read really interesting. But just as I felt I should be getting to the 'meat' of the book, I was at the end! This is actually no more than a pamphlet, certainly not a book. I felt ripped off, so I returned it (yes, you can return Kindle books, up to seven days after purchase).

Living Foods for Optimum Health: Staying Healthy in an Unhealthy World
Living Foods for Optimum Health: Staying Healthy in an Unhealthy World
by Brian R Clement

3.0 out of 5 stars Too hardcore for me, 28 Oct. 2012
I've heard great things about the health benefits of raw foods and was looking for an introduction and an induction programme. I'm not naive enough to think I'd stick to going raw overnight - or even if I want to go 100% full-on in that direction - since I'm starting from a position of being an omnivore who enjoys a glass of wine, so I found this book too evangelical by far. I need some persuading I should eat only vegan, also I'm not sure how I'd source most of the ingredients, living as I do in the north of England. For anyone with serious health problems looking for a rigid cleansing diet, this would suit you, but for me it was too hardcore, and I sent it back. Suggestions for a gentler, UK-based introduction to raw food welcome.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2013 10:37 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3