Profile for RG > Reviews

Content by RG

RG

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Replacement Earpads, Mudder 2 Pcs Foam Ear Pad - Cushion Repair for Bose Quietcomfort 2 / 15 / 25, Ae2, Ae2i - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally acceptable replacement for originals, 17 Mar. 2017
Good fit, good feel, very similar to the originals. I'll update the review if anything changes but very happy so far...

Clarks M2 Front and Rear Hydraulic MTB Hybrid Bike IS Disc Brake Set with 160mm Rotors
Offered by DiscPadsDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Yuba Mundo v4 cargo bike, 17 Mar. 2017
Great so far, excellent stopping power compared to the original mechanical disc brakes that came with my bike (they slowed rather than stopped the bike...). With these M2 brakes I can lock up the rear no problem and the front has enough power that I back off before I've used all the stopping power.

I re-used the original rotors rather than change them for the ones in the kit (the original on the back is a 180, 160 on the front. The ones in the kit are both 160). To fit the front brake caliper I used the mount that was already on the bike and the pads were fully covering the rotor (with the included mount they only covered half the rotor). For the rear brake i used the mount that came with the kit which was intended for the front caliper as it enables the best alignment, allowing the pads to fully cover the rotor.

The length of the hose for the rear brake is 1700mm which is perfect for a long tail cargo bike like the Yuba Mundo. It would probably work well for an Xtracycle, Surly Big Dummy and Kona Ute as well, but you'd have to check for yourself.

Easy to fit as they have the hoses attached and are already bled.

The Girl on The Train
The Girl on The Train
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars So boring,....So Slow...., So not worth waiting for it to get better...., 14 Feb. 2017
I'm usually quite forgiving of films, and willing to give them a chance to warm up. Really wish I had gone with my first instinct which was to stop watching after 2 mins. Instead I waited 20 minutes, then gave up and cursed my wasted £4.50 on renting this dire film. Oh well. Films are subjective, you might like it (but for 75% of you, I'll bet you won't...!)

Invision Ultra Slim TV Wall Mount Bracket with 20 Inch Cantilever Arm/1.8-Inch Wall Profile Tilt and Swivel for Most 26 - 42 Inch LED LCD Plasma 3D & 4K Screens (HDTV-M)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible for the price!, 1 Jun. 2016
I did wonder if this would be any good, considering it's not the most expensive out there. Well, it is excellent. Very good build quality, easy to adjust to get levels, and comes with a comprehensive set of fasteners.

Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti WindForce2 OC 4 GB Graphics Card
Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti WindForce2 OC 4 GB Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Da Vinci Resolve, 1 Jun. 2016
I bought this because I wanted a card with lots of memory for using Blackmagic's Da Vinci Resolve. Installed in an old Dell T7400 Workstation and it works great - smooth video editing, colouring, and previewing (at least at up to 1080p - I haven't tried 4k). Works well in a dual monitor setup with no hiccups. As an added bonus I can finally play GTA V as well...

Gloves USHR-2 Cow Hide Rigger Premium (USHR-2) - Yellow - Size Mens
Gloves USHR-2 Cow Hide Rigger Premium (USHR-2) - Yellow - Size Mens
Offered by Nutwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 1 Jun. 2016
These are more comfortable to wear and last much better than standard rigger gloves. Have been using them for several months - they're still in one piece and I'm very happy with them.

Polycell PLCFNG330GS 330g Polycell Fix/Grout Tube
Polycell PLCFNG330GS 330g Polycell Fix/Grout Tube

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use with little mess or wastage, 1 Jun. 2016
This worked remarkably well for making some very tired tiling look new again, and filling in gaps of missing grout. Very easy to use pressing the nozzle down vertically against the gap between tiles, leaving little wastage and very little mess. I also used it to fix down a couple of loose tiles. It's been two weeks since I used it, and so far so good...

Sigel CO112 CONCEPTUM Notebook, approx. A4, lined, hardcover, black
Sigel CO112 CONCEPTUM Notebook, approx. A4, lined, hardcover, black

5.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again., 1 Jun. 2016
Quality feel to it, and some nice design touches. I especially like the page numbering and table of contents (in the past I did this by hand in other notebooks).
Comment Comment | Permalink

Town and Country Classic Kids Rigger Gardening Gloves-3-7 years(assorted)
Town and Country Classic Kids Rigger Gardening Gloves-3-7 years(assorted)

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong gloves, 1 Jun. 2016
Good quality and made my 4 year old very happy. According to him they make him stronger as well...!

Double Duo Outlet Garden Outdoor Tap Valve Faucet 1/2" x 3/4" x 3/4" BSP fits Hozelock
Offered by plumbing4home

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, flawed execution, 1 Jun. 2016
As someone who has their hose almost permanently attached, I really liked the idea of this. I much prefer a lever tap as well. Whilst it's a great idea, the tap does have a couple of serious (dealbreaker) issues:
1) The ball valve on the rear tap (with the small lever) has a smaller internal bore. This resulted for me in lower pressure, which was a shame as I wanted to use that one for the hosepipe. You could really tell the difference when I had a pressure washer attached.
2) The flow out of both taps can really only be described as a spray, not a flow. The water sprays out in all directions at about a 45 degree angle from both taps. Ours is on the outside wall of the house directly above a drain. The water mostly goes all over the wall and over me, unless the tap is held inside a watering can. The result has been some small floods and some floods of tears from my little boy when he got completely soaked (I mean COMPLETELY!) trying to fill his toy watering can. :-( Perhaps not a problem if you'll only use this for attaching a hose to, but it makes it very awkward for normal tap use. I guess I could turn it upside down and mount it on a spike to use as a sprinkler instead....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5