Profile for Scottish customer > Reviews

Content by Scottish customer

Scottish customer (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
"Tights Up" Soft, stretchy, comfortable, flat buckle belt. Adjustable, non-slip backing (belt loops unneeded). Wear with tights/leggings/jeans/uniforms (black)
Offered by Tights Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Great belt, 12 Sept. 2017
Excellent belt. Great quality, flat; doesn't stick out at all. Doesn't slide. Wish I'd gotten this a long time ago, fits great with my trekking trousers.

Bluetooth Headphones, Anker Wireless Headphones, Bluetooth 4.1 Magnetic Wireless Stereo Soundbuds with Slim Lightweight, Waterproof Sport Headset with Mic, works with iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC, Echo, and More
Offered by AnkerDirect

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy - waste of money, 28 July 2017
Stopped working after 2 months light useage. No reply from Anker. Can no longer contact company via Amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2017 8:06 AM BST

G4Free 40L Ultra Lightweight Tear & Water Resistant Foldable Travel Hiking Backpack (A-Black)
Offered by TYFung

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, super.lightweight, 4 July 2017
Great quality! Weighs almost nothing, great quality, seems very rip resistant fabric. Has all the important straps and side compartments for drinks/bottles. Great shoulder straps
Perfect travel backpack.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bluetooth Sports Headphones, Mpow® Wolverine Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Sport Headphones with Mic for Running for iPhone etc., Golden(Non-magnetic Control)
Offered by longtop

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy these!, 15 May 2017
Kept falling out of my ears, and only used them a few weeks, then they broke and I was not able to charge them any more. Don't waste your money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2017 3:33 AM BST

Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup
Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes fantastic coffee!, 13 July 2016
What a simple piece of equipment! I am Swedish - and I love my coffee strong. I don't have space for a regular, filter coffee maker and I don't agree with the waste and cost of a "coffee pod machine". This makes fantastic coffee! It doesn't work that great to make 1-2 cups of espresso in this, but for a full 6 cups, or a regular Americano - it if FAB!. It does leak a little, even if you screw on the top REALLY REALLY tight but it doesn't matter. It works well on my gas hob (smallest ring) - so I don't think you need to buy any extra rings. Fill up a full cup water, fill full with regular ground coffee, hob for 12 min - and you have a super super americano! (Washes really well, just plain water rinse)

Update (a few weeks later):
I am upgrading my review to 5 stars! I now have the hang of it, and it no longer leaks really. Maybe the bottom seal expands a little once you have used it a few times? I twist it really tight (but I am careful NOT to apply all the pressure on the plastic handle, but more on the metal). This is the BEST coffeemaker I have ever had. I am never going back to a cafetiere! Because the steam is pushed through the coffee as it boils, it tastes just like a barista-made coffee/americano/espresso - actually, I am now wanting to go HOME to make coffee, instead of going to a coffee house :) It also makes the kitchen smell absolutely lovely with freshly brewed coffee.

It is SO simple - I crawl out of bed, first thing I do is set this up, then it takes care of itself....until my timer buzzes and I get the most fab coffee to start my day:

Fill with bottom pot with cold water, to just below the valve, fill the coffee filter (without pressing down) with ground coffee.Onto the gas hob (I put it straight onto our smallest ring - no need for "extra" reduction ring). 12 min for a "full" pot = 2 americanos (strong!), 8 min for "half" a pot/half coffee filter. (I was sceptical if it would make lesser amounts/a small expresso ok, but it is absolutely FINE using this bigger pot for that). Leave to cool slightly, just clean/rinse out with water.

Oh, and if you want FROTHED milk, easiest way is to use any old cafetiere you have in the house, fill with cold (the colder the better) milk, and press up and down quickly, for a min or two :)

Asus X205TA-FD0061TS 11.6 inch Laptop Notebook (Intel Atom Z3735 1.33 GHz Processor, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC, Integrated Graphics, Windows 10) - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC little machine - buy one quickly., 12 April 2016
A fantastic little machine! I bought one of these for my husband for Xmas - ever since then, I have been eyeing it with jealousy - it finally came down in price a little, and for £160 this is worth every penny! Just bought one for myself, and I am dead pleased.

It is super light, has fantastic battery life, is very well built/feels like high quality when you handle it. Many years ago, I used to have an ASUS eeePC, which also handled very nicely; I think they generally make a higher quality product. I always wonder why people pay so much for Macs, when there is so much functionality in something like this - fashion and vanity, I suspect....having said that, I have an ipad, iphone, and ipod....which all work great; but in comparison, this machine is a STEAL! (and you can actually type on it, as opposed to my ipad - which is so annoying to type any great lengths on). It boots up super quickly, and can detect both 2G and 5G, virgin superhub wifis. It has a wee camera, and a good microphone, so Skype works well. It comes with 1 yr free Microsoft office, and some cloud storage.

I am short, and have small fingers, so it works really well for me to type on. However, even my husband seems to be using this little travel PC more than his big laptop - it is just that stable, quick and handy. I foresee using this machine much more than my bigger laptops. I also really like windows 10 (it automatically upgraded to this, on starting up). For £160, you are getting a fabulous deal - buy it quickly.

Couldn't be happier with this purchase. About to do a long haul flight - will definitely be bringing this, and maybe download a movie or 2 on as well.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money!, 3 April 2016
A suprisingly useful piece of kit. I have tried a number of bluetooth headsets, including Dr Dre-very-expensive ones....However, the ear buds on ANY others do not fit my ears well. I usually use the standard ipad/ipod headphones, and it seems only apple EARPODS fit my ears well. So, I bought these to try.
POSITIVES
1) fit my ears very well
2) the sound is as good as with my usual apple ipod earpods
3) it does not drop the bluetooth connection at all
4) light, easy to connect to my iphone 5c (if you are thinking of buying these for any other connection, you should research which bluetooth works with your device)

NEGATIVES
...not very many. They only hold about 2 hrs charge, but last me for a long work out session.

I have had them for a month now, and they are still going strong. I use them about once every other day.

I'd buy them again, if these break.

Nokia Lumia 635 4G UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (Windows, 4.5-inch, 512MB RAM and 8GB storage)
Offered by MB Direct Trading Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB phone, 29 Sept. 2015
Bought this for my husband: absolutely fantastic phone for the price. Quick, easy software, intuitive (esp if you have a windows PC). Bought 64GB expansion card - could load + 4000 songs and plenty space left. Feels very good quality in the hand. ONLY drawback is no front facing camera, so no easy selfies. I am buying another Windows phone again (for myself when my ABSURDLY expensive iphone gives up - let's free ourselves from the Apple choke hold, and I am never spending ~£500 on a phone again as long as phones like these are on the market).

iPhone 4S 16GB 32GB & 64GB Replacement USB Charging Block / Data Sync Port Flex with built in Microphone and Connector for Home button flex *INCLUDING TOOLS TO DISASSEMBLE THE PHONE AND STEP BY STEP GUIDE**
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually worked!, 11 Jan. 2015
Actually worked!

Quick delivery of product, thanks. The kit was fine, only used the tiny phillips head screwdriver and the plastic bendy thing to pry stuff off with.

My husband's 3 yr old iphone 4s just stopped charging one day and we figured it would be the charging port (rather than a slowly dying battery). We tried to clean the port, hoover it etc etc. Still dead. It would have cost ~ £50 to have it changed at the shop, so I thought it was worth < £5 to try it ourselves, since the phone was dead anyway....

I looked at 2 Youtube videos ~ 10 min each, one from Directfix (good, but it wasn't necessary to remove the whole motherboard) and one from Crazyphones (very good). I would recommend the Crazyphones one - and to remove all the little screws and put them onto a grid (like in the video). Small fingers, good eye sight, and patience is needed.... Although I do not have ANY experience at all with the insides of mobile phones.

The whole thing took me about 45 min, and then we plugged the phone in overnight - and it worked!!!! (not immediatey.....I think bec the battery was so very low).

Anker Bluetooth Folio Keyboard Case for iPad Air with 6-Month Battery Life Between Charges and Comfortable Low-Profile Keys TC980 (Not compatible with iPad Air 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Dec. 2014
Synched easily with an ipad air, and feels like good, solid quality

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4