Profile for Mark > Reviews

Magic Decanter Red Wine Aerator & Stand
Magic Decanter Red Wine Aerator & Stand
Offered by Aistuo

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth it, 2 Aug. 2013
This is great. The first thing you notice is the smell, it's as if all your wine has its flavour opened. It's easy to clean beacause the filter is at the top and you can just take it out. Also you can just rinse it through. It also looks great the way it catches the light. It makes your wine taste much lighter and full of flavour. Really don't hesitate.

2001 - A Space Odyssey [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
2001 - A Space Odyssey [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Keir Dullea

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing still, 16 Feb. 2011
This film still is amazing after all these years.
I just watched it again and my mind is still buzzing with new ideas I hadn't appreciated on previous viewings.
After the film I watched the first documentary on the list from 2001 which gave me lots of new ideas to think about.
Great to confirm from Arthur C Clarke that the IBM/HAL coincidence was just a coincidence!
All I can say is that you've probably seen it before and possibly already own it on DVD. If you didn't like the film or not a major fan you'll probably not be interested. But if not, you're probably thinking "is it worth upgrading to bluray?". I'd say "yes!". I can't wait to see and hear all the many other extras on the disc, and also listening to Kier Dullea and Gary Lockwood's commentary to the film.
Happy days!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good for psoriasis, 15 Oct. 2009
I've been using this from perscription for a few weeks and it's really helped psoriasis flare ups and itching. It goes into your skin really well and almost instantly rehydrates the skin. It also lasts for a good few hours, minimising the amount of reapplications you need. You can use it instead of soap, before or after showering. I used to have problems when after 30 minutes after shower my skin would be dry again, but not any more. You don't need to restrict its use on affected areas which is very useful for larger areas or gutatte psoriasis.
Highly recommended from me.

Toshiba SD480EKTB - Upscaling DVD Player With HDMI
Toshiba SD480EKTB - Upscaling DVD Player With HDMI

4.0 out of 5 stars Some reservations, 31 July 2008
I've got it hooked up to a Toshiba 32" LCD via HDMI, and 2 channel anlogue sound through a good amp and speakers.
The picture quality is superb, getting towards Bluray quality. Edges are sharp and colours are rich. The sound is excellent too, with great clarity across the range with accurate bass, clear vocals and a bright treble. It also has a pretty decent 3D effect which you can turn on to simulate a wider sound field through 2 speakers.
The remote control along with the cheap action of the eject are the only aspects that reminds you that this is a budget DVD player.
Considering its price, it does a great job of reading anything you put to it, DivX, XVid, mpgs, AVIs mp3, jpgs on DVD +/- or CD. You have to set your TV to 4:3 though when you view jpegs. It decodes the information quickly too. Strangely though, although it can output the resolution, it will not play high definition data files, 720 lines is over its limit. I guess this is because the processor inside is not fast enough.

There are some other minus points I have found so far. If you have the sound coming through the HDMI lead the sound output goes silent every now and again for about five seconds. I have set the audio Digital Output to off, as I play it though my HiFi, and as a result do not get this problem any more.

Also, when plugged in, mine gives off a very quiet high pitched electronic buzz every 2 seconds for about half a second. So if it's in a bedroom and you have good hearing, you'll probably want to turn it off by the socket. Not a bad idea anyway with today's utility prices!

Overall this is a great player for the price. I'm very pleased with the picture quality and the sound. It is amazing what you can get for the low price. Just watch out for the quirks.

Creative ZEN Leather Case
Creative ZEN Leather Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely case, 6 Dec. 2007
This is a lovely little case to protect your zen. It does not make your zen "larger" as some cases do, if you see what I mean -- the skin is both protective and compact. It had a popper to clip to your belt and a magnetised cover to keep it from opening accidentally. Not much more to say except that it's well worth the money and I didn't regret buying one.

A few people have been disappointed that it dosn't have a plastic cover over the screen, but I like the fact it doesn't because the covers always get matter and dust in the inside and are difficult to clean properly.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2008 12:36 PM GMT

Casio WVA-430DU-1AVER Tough Wave Ceptor Radio controlled Solar power Combi Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further, 29 Mar. 2007
This is a superb watch.

the time is spot on, of course. It's light but strong, looks good, it's comfortable, needs no batteries as it recharges with sun light or artifical light. It has lots of functions. The hands glow in the dark for quite some time. I've worn it swimming too. It's good value, a great investment. I really can't fault it.

Toshiba SW1000 Sub Woofer
Toshiba SW1000 Sub Woofer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition, but...., 9 Feb. 2007
This subwoofer really adds good depth to the sound from your wlt66 TV but:

If you are putting this on the back of the telly, it leaves no room for some quality Scart leads such as the Thor Scart lead and 3 way leads that plug into a scart adapter [...]. It only leaves room for the L-shaped leads. I've just got a Thor Scart to Scart, and have had to put the subwoofer on the floor until I decide to maybe try to make a spacer to extend the size of the screw in attachements on the back of the telly to allow more space. This won't be a problem with the HDMI inputs as they are in a different position on the back of the TV.

Also the manual is poor, as it shows two tellys with some unheard of model number. It also doesn't advise how to set the TV. I have set up the TV to 'Variable' sound output so the woofer's volume changes with the TV volume. This does leave the woofer a bit quiet though compared to 'fixed' which is often a bit loud and doesn't change with the volume. On the TV I have also set the bass boost to "off" and lowered the bass to leave the deeper sounds to the woofer, which seems to work well. Would have been nice if the manual suggested these settings in the first place though!

Overall, no complaints about the sound, it just could have been better implemented.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2012 1:56 PM GMT

Toshiba 32WLT66 32" Widescreen Pictureframe HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview- Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great TV, 29 Jan. 2007
I think most of the reviews have summed up this TV. Don't hesitate to get this TV if you are looking for a great box at a great price.

I have not used any high def inputs as yet, but freeview and a normal DVD via scart looks and sounds superb. I have found no motion blurring which used to be the case with LCD tvs with fast moving images. There are lots of options to configuring the display to get it exactly how you prefer. Also the connectivity of this TV is excellent with two HDMI inputs and many other input possibilities around the back.

I have got the optional subwoofer on order as well and I can't wait to get that attached too!

The only downside to the whole thing is that the 4-way directional pad on the remote strangely takes a lot of effort to push and is often unresponsive which dosn't help navigating the on-screen menus which are a little bit fiddly.

If you do a search for reviews of this TV you'll see that it has won several awards and is always recommended, even when it was £1,200.

Overall though I'd fully recommend this excellent TV. Get one and enjoy!

ByteStor 2GB USB  High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive
ByteStor 2GB USB High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great, 6 Dec. 2006
I've just got one of these and I have found it fast and reliable.

It's also got a flashing light on it to tell you when it's in use. I find it very handy to transfer data to my laptop on it, and to play some music around friend's houses. I'm thinking about getting some more as presents!