Profile for Hook&yarn > Reviews

Hook&yarn

Romancing the Alpha 2: An Action-Adventure Romance Boxed Set
Romancing the Alpha 2: An Action-Adventure Romance Boxed Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Unexplored by Anna Hackett, 12 July 2016
I am only leaving a review for Unexplored by Anna Hackett, I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Anna Hackett has a nice style of writing and I find her books are an easy read. They are engaging and I will finish her a books (I've got to a point in life I'm not willing to read crap that bores me). The book is a "love story" but has a sense of humour, and I like how the female lead is developed in such a way she doesn't collapse on herself and looks out for herself. From what I have read of Anna Hackett books most of her female leads are built this way, I do despise wishy washy characters in a book. The characters are in general quite well developed.

If you like a female characters to have as much a backbone as the men go for it.

Knitter's Companion Deluxe Edition (With DVD)
Knitter's Companion Deluxe Edition (With DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 25 Oct. 2013
I like this book, it's compact so you can carry around with you, spiral bound, comes with 2 dvd's which I have to confess I haven't looked at. From my brief glance through the book I've spotted a new way to cast on, worked out where I going wrong with another cast on method and there is a needle gauge at the back. One thing to note this book does mention crotchet (don't panic) for the use of casting on or seaming and they use American terms, the crotchet stitches are described.

Approx. 20Pcs Knitting Crochet Locking Stitch Markers / Can Also Be Used as A Nappy Pin on A New Baby Greeting Card
Offered by BaoLOKJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Stitch markers, 23 Aug. 2013
So far no rough edges found but haven't used all of them yet. Better quality than my other stitch markers.