Profile for Floundering Fathers > Reviews

Content by Floundering Fa...

Floundering Fathers (London, UK)

GADIEMENSS Quick Drying Breathable Running Outdoor Hat Cap Only 2 Ounces (DimGray)
Offered by Sumier

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective cap. Some reviews may be skewed., 4 May 2017
Cap worked well for running on occasional hot days. Happy with the purchase.

However:
-I was surprised about the absence of a label with care instructions or place of manufacture on the cap.
-The cap was accompanied by a typed note that promised to send another cap and two pairs of tube socks if the customer gave them a five star review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2017 6:19 AM BST

BT Multiport Broadband Extender 500 Add-On, Pass Through Powerline Adapter
BT Multiport Broadband Extender 500 Add-On, Pass Through Powerline Adapter

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, doesn't work in every home, 9 Nov. 2014
The system works, but unreliably for me. (I know of someone else for whom it works without a problem.)
Have spent far too long trying to reconnect the extender to the main hotspot and turning it on and off again to reawake the connection.
When I really need reliable connection, I am using a direct connection.
Possible that the problem stems from having heating running of electricity too or there being a fault in it.
Unable to return to Amazon.

Ford 1357238 Fix Mounting Kit
Ford 1357238 Fix Mounting Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks to 'Kindle Customer' for useful review and instructions, 9 Nov. 2014
Thanks to 'Kindle Customer' for useful review and instructions. Simple and quicker than expected even with removing the back seat, which was the more complicated element.

Samarkand
Samarkand
by Amin Maalouf

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating and engaging insight into history and culture, 2 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Samarkand (Paperback)
I can't add much to BL Weber's (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pdp/profile/A33P2IPS72ZKAO/ref=cm_cr_dp_pdp) review other than to say, having also just read From the Ruins of Empire, it was an interesting account of Jamal Al-Din. More broadly, I enjoyed the theme, running throughout, of cultures at once both competitive and interdependent.

Sennheiser MX 760 - High Quality Earphones With Basswind-System - Titanium
Sennheiser MX 760 - High Quality Earphones With Basswind-System - Titanium

2.0 out of 5 stars Not upto the mark, 18 Sept. 2011
The headphones performed OK (not really the richness or depth to the sound I expected)- but far from great -and one ear phone has broken in less than the year. The pouch with which it came disintegrated quickly, not something that really bothered me until the earphone broke too. A mark against Sennheiser for me.

The Flavour Thesaurus
The Flavour Thesaurus
by Niki Segnit

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book but..., 21 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The Flavour Thesaurus (Hardcover)
The positive reviews are all spot on. The concept of and the ideas in the book are tantalising. And it is a wonderful book. My only reservation is that it does too little, to my mind, to explain why flavour combinations work.

The Annotated Lolita
The Annotated Lolita
by Vladimir Nabokov

5.0 out of 5 stars Will read again, 6 Jun. 2009
This review is from: The Annotated Lolita (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book. Psychological and necessarily twisted, the reader too is taken on a compelling journey. It's all the more compelling because the book's reputation adds another layer of opprobrium to the characters and their actions making it feel all the more contemporary.

I have not seen the other editions but the notes do help you understand the era and some of the references.

There are nonetheless subtleties I will have missed and it was enjoyable to read so I know it is a book I will return to in some years time.

Pure EVOKE-1S, Luxury Portable DAB/FM Radio - Cherry
Pure EVOKE-1S, Luxury Portable DAB/FM Radio - Cherry

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this, 6 Jun. 2009
We've had this for over a year. We love. Does exactly what we hoped it would. Great battery life. Clear signal. Good to look at and two satisfying dials.

Looks even better at this price.

You Are Here: A Portable History of the Universe
You Are Here: A Portable History of the Universe
by Christopher Potter

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - a wonderful debut, 13 May 2009
A great book that walks you through from the largest distances to very very small things (or non-things), from the beginning of cosmic history to its end(s).

While the book frequently looks at the search for a unifying theory, this book wittingly unifies many disparate areas of knowledge. Potter opens the book with the idea of him as a child trying to write out his full address, the solar system, the milky way, the universe. It does feel like a parent giving shape to our universe. And it will be a good cheat sheet (though, as said in another review, not a good text book) for the questions I will in turn be asked as a parent. It will give me confidence in answering at some point, "we don't know."