Profile for Dominic Humphries > Reviews

Content by Dominic Humphries

Dominic Humphries "OneAndOneIs2"

Page: 1 | 2
Betron B750s Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Tangle Free, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, good sound, 3 Aug. 2017
I find most headphones too big for my ears so the multiple choice of ear bud these have was a big help. Sounds good and the flat cables seem to resist tangling well too

The Mind Illuminated: A Complete Meditation Guide Integrating Buddhist Wisdom and Brain Science
by Jeremy Graves

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've read, 3 Nov. 2016
I've been meditating for twenty years. I've read many meditation books in that time. This is the book I wish I'd had twenty years ago. That's all there is to it.

PLEMO Auto Open Close Compact Travel Folding Umbrella with Anti-Slip Rubberized Grip, Windproof and Waterproof Portable for Business and Travel (Classic Black)
Offered by PLEMO UK

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a real joy: Well thought-out design and excellent construction, 9 Nov. 2015
After a more-expensive umbrella that was such a pain to use that I often chose to just get wet instead, this is a real joy: Well thought-out design and excellent construction. Plus the "push button to raise, push button to lower" feature makes it actually fun to use.

Wild Elk American 550 Paracord, Electric Blue, 100 Feet
Wild Elk American 550 Paracord, Electric Blue, 100 Feet
Offered by Wild Elk

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Nov. 2015
Great colour and way better to use than some of the cheap stuff I've encountered

JavaScript: The Good Parts
JavaScript: The Good Parts
by Douglas Crockford

5.0 out of 5 stars Cured my hate of JS, 21 April 2014
When I first heard the title, my immediate response was "Must be a very small book!"

And it is, but it's jam-packed with Good Stuff.

If you're somebody who's picked up JS as you went along and learned to hate it as you went, this is the book that will show you a beautiful, powerful, and remarkably flexible language with no shortcomings that can't be worked around.

Chili Madness: A Passionate Cookbook
Chili Madness: A Passionate Cookbook
by Jane Butel

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't even like chilli, 21 April 2014
until I cooked it myself from the recipes in this book! It's now a staple of my diet & there's always a few portions waiting for me in the freezer.

An excellent set of recipes, guaranteed to pique your enthusiasm

The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Your Self -Treatment Guide for Pain Relief: Your Self-Treatment for Pain Relief
by Clair Davies

4.0 out of 5 stars If you have pain or mobility problems, you need to know about trigger points, 21 April 2014
As somebody who's suffered from chronic pain for more than half his life, it was a revelatory moment when, as I read this, I discovered a trigger point in my shoulder, worked on it for a few seconds, and suddenly was cured of the headache that had been plaguing me for weeks.

Since then, I've discovered and worked away more trigger points than I care to think of, and am still finding them today. They can be painful to address, but knowing that within a week a muscle that's agony to touch right now will be cured, and will usually take away pain or inflexibility in some other part of the body keeps me going.

The one thing this book doesn't mention, which I discovered in Kelly Starrett's book, was that a lot of my trigger points couldn't be found or fixed just with fingers: Testing and treating with a lacrosse ball is a really good idea.

Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training
Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training
by Mark Rippetoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally deserves its reputation, 21 April 2014
I came to SS based on word-of-mouth after over a year of forced inactivity due to a motorbike crash followed by a car accident left me so weak I actually put my back out lifting the duvet off myself one morning.

The depth of explanation and insistence on good form was a godsend for me at a time when I was so badly broken, and within six months I had moved from "so weak I was almost crippled" to "stronger than I've ever been"

If there's a better book for a beginner, I haven't heard of it. Just brilliant.

Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir)
Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir)
by Jenny Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 21 April 2014
My girlfriend had to keep taking it away because it made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe.

If you're a fan of her blog, buy the book. If you're not, start reading the blog, THEN buy the book.

How to Convert Wood Into Charcoal & Electricity
How to Convert Wood Into Charcoal & Electricity
by Richard H. Buxton

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & brilliant, 21 April 2014
I bought this for a friend who was retiring to a place in the country where he planned on being as self-sufficient as possible. It was one of a few books I thought he might find interesting, and as one of the cheaper and smaller ones, not one I expected to grab much attention. But it's a fascinating tome, which both of us and a few others have now read and been impressed by. If you have a source of wood, or a use for charcoal, or just en enquiring mind, this is well worth a read.

Page: 1 | 2