Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Dog Days in the Fortunate Islands: A New Life in Hidden Tenerife
Dog Days in the Fortunate Islands: A New Life in Hidden Tenerife
by John Searancke

1.0 out of 5 stars sadly disappointing, 17 Mar. 2016
This could have been a really good read - the author moved to the north of Tenerife which is the prettier and less spoilt part of the island. Sadly he punctuates the tale with the dullest of anecdotes so that the result is a fairly turgid read. I really has to struggle to finish this one.

We Shall Overcome - The Seeger Sessions / American Land Edition [CD+DVD]
We Shall Overcome - The Seeger Sessions / American Land Edition [CD+DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer joy, 16 Dec. 2006
This is rated as 5 stars only because I cannot award it more - the album is a sheer joy to listen to. I knew nothing about it until I was taken to the recent Wembley gig - (question - "would you like to go to Springsteen" - answer "yes" - but not knowing at all what I was expecting!) - the concert was about the most fun one I have ever been to - Bruce and his band were clearly have a whale of a time and that was echoed by the audience. I came away with the songs (especially Pay Me My Money Down and Erie Canal) running through my head - promptly got on the PC and ordered the album - it's hardly been off the player since. Do go for this version - you get 5 extra tracks which are well worth it - and an extended DVD. Several friends are getting this for Christmas!

Only complaint - bad packaging - the cardboard has already begun to tear - looks good but is impractical for an album you will want to play over and over and over.

Go and buy NOW!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2007 9:39 AM GMT

The Kitchen Diaries
The Kitchen Diaries
by Nigel Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen essential, 10 Dec. 2006
This review is from: The Kitchen Diaries (Hardcover)
This is just a fabulous book - firstly (as long as you have the hardback) it is just a sheer pleasure to hold this book - part cloth cover, stitched sections and glorious photos - but it's even better when you read it. Have just been fed tonight n the food for Dec 12 (hubby is a great cook!) - Duck, peas with mint and an absoulutely fabulous lemon and ginger pudding - all wonderful and relativey easy (hubby reckoned the pud was the easiest ever until I reminded him about the chocolate pud in the river cafe easy - chocolate and cream only!!)

We have had a variety of recipes over the year since I bought the book at a bargain £8.99 and all have been good and easy - as we have come to expect from Slater.

I really can't recommend this highly enough - so much so that my brother who is a very keen cook is gettingit for Christmas.

BUY!!