Profile for Mr. S. W. Roberts > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. W. Roberts

Mr. S. W. Roberts (Southport, Merseyside United Kingdom)

LIQUIDATION SALE!!! Knee Support Sleeve (1 Piece) -Provides Relief from Knee Pain and Compression for Sore Arthritic Knees! - Includes FREE eBook with Fast Injury Recovery Exercises! - Knee Sleeve for Men and Women - Best for Training, Cycling, Running, and Sports & Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Following surgery to reconstruct my Anterior Cruciate Ligament in my ..., 5 Jan. 2016
Following surgery to reconstruct my Anterior Cruciate Ligament in my left knee last February I have experienced several complications. One of the complications was swelling which severely reduced the flextion of the knee joint. My physiotherapist suggested that I purchase a compression knee support. I purchased one from Alpha Athletica because it looked slightly longer than others on the market, and have to say that wearing the support for strenuous fellwalking really supports my knee and more importantantly keeps the swelling at bay. The support is well made, light to the point you don't realise you are wearing it. I can't believe that something so simple has helped me so much! I wear the compression support in conjunction with an ACL knee brace.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2016 3:49 AM GMT

Tanx and Zinc Alloy - Deluxe Edition (Bonus DVD)
Tanx and Zinc Alloy - Deluxe Edition (Bonus DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rex fan since I was 12 and am delighted with the newest remixed and remastered versions of Tanx ..., 30 Aug. 2014
I've been a T. Rex fan since I was 12 and am delighted with the newest remixed and remastered versions of Tanx and Zinc Alloy. No new material, except for DVD showing a home VHS recording from Top of the Pops of Teenage Dream. The presentation is first class with additional sleeve notes and pictures, perhaps it would have been better if the two albums had been presented separately but .............. I hope there are plans afoot to do the same with the rest of the Marc Bolan and T. Rex catalogue.

Hardwall Takker Multi-Purpose Hanging Kit
Hardwall Takker Multi-Purpose Hanging Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Tool, 30 Aug. 2014
Excellent! Just finished refurbishing my bungalow (new plaster et al) and was reluctant to start drilling and plugging my new plaster. this tool takes out all the hassle and mess involved in picture hanging - I'm very impressed.

Live At The End Of The World [CD + DVD]
Live At The End Of The World [CD + DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun Pirate Metal, 9 Dec. 2013
Had Black Sails at Midnight and saw Alestorm supporting Dragonforce. In my opinionAlestorm stole the show. After that concert I bought the remaining albums that I did not have and can't wait to see them again. The live dvd and cd totally capture the energy and fun when Alestorm are in concert.

Elegant Stealth - Deluxe Edition [CD+DVD]
Elegant Stealth - Deluxe Edition [CD+DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 9 Dec. 2013
Saw Wishbone Ash live at Bootleggers in Kendal. They were excellent! Loved Heavy Weather and bought the album on the strength of the live concert - a really good album, though can't beat Argus.

The Slider 40th Anniversary Boxset
The Slider 40th Anniversary Boxset

4.0 out of 5 stars Why no 5.1 mix of the Slider?, 3 Dec. 2012
A beautifully presented re-mix and re-master of the Slider album with associated video footage, interviews and pictures. However Tony Visconti has taken the trouble to re-mix and re-master the whole album but it is only available in stereo not in 5.1 as in his excellent re-mix of Electric Warrior. I feel that this is a lost opportunity to further appreciate the timeless qualities of Marc Bolan's music.

Even so the 2012 Slider is the best version yet! Are there any plans to re-mix / re-master the remaining T.Rex Hot Wax recordings?

The Slider: Remastered
The Slider: Remastered

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all time favourite albums!, 6 Jun. 2004
This review is from: The Slider: Remastered (Audio CD)
The first time I ever saw T.Rex was on Top of the Pops and they were singing Telegram Sam. The following Saturday I rushed out and spent my pocket money on that single. My copy has gone grey - its been played that often. As soon as The Slider came out I bought it. I love it and all these years later it still sounds like it could have been recorded today. Bolan was light years ahead of his time! All the tracks are great - I suppose my favourite track is Ball rooms of Mars. What a title for a song!
I recently bought Electric Warrior on SACD - its mixed by Visconti in 5.1. I wish that Visconti and crew would remix all the albums on T.Rex Hot Wax in 5.1 - that would be truely awsome!!!