Profile for Rosenblaetter > Reviews

Content by Rosenblaetter

Rosenblaetter (Poland)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pop-rock album with outstanding vocals.. that's what it is., 3 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Rivals (Audio CD)
Absolutely terrific pop-rock album, recorded by probably the best Dutch band there is.

Everything here is as it should be. Fantastic melodies, excellent drumming, nice vocal harmonies, great energy, decent lyrics, a lot of lovely reverb. At times almost too poppy and radio-like ('War', 'Done With It') at times serious and melancholic ('Little Light', 'Rivals').
And - first of all: the voice. Eloi Youssef has one of the most warm and distinctive voices of his generation and really knows what he's doing. He's also much more emotional than you could expect. And if you think there is no way he can sing this well at the shows - you are right. He sings even better.

Rival Sons Head Down Girlie T-shirt Size Small
Rival Sons Head Down Girlie T-shirt Size Small
Offered by EaracheRecordsLtd

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shirt - good quality material, 3 Jun. 2015
Nice shirt - good quality material. The motive looks great. I don't like white tees but this one is great.

Apocalyptic Love
Apocalyptic Love

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as it could be, 24 July 2012
This review is from: Apocalyptic Love (Audio CD)
I really enjoy this album. It's straight out rock'n'roll so it's hard to expect any surprises -it's about fun and ease.

But all in all it turned out to be not enough and I got quickly bored. I'll be coming back to this record but I don't think it will be in its entirety... For someone as established as Slash and someone as talented as Kennedy - this is not a killer record.

I also do not understand how one can put a song like 'Crazy Life' as a bonus track. It screams to be a single, everyone likes it and it didn't even make the record.

If you decide to buy it - go for the deluxe version (+ 2 songs).

Highlight: Anastacia

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrice got even better..., 24 July 2012
This review is from: Major/Minor (Audio CD)
Lacking time to write a proper review: this is by far my favourite Thrice record. Just when I thought these guys reached their artistic peak I got a record where there are no fillers, just killers. Awesome music, great lyrics..
Now I can say out loud:
totally underrated band.

One of my favourite records of the year.

All I Was
All I Was

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremonti never fails., 24 July 2012
This review is from: All I Was (Audio CD)
It does have an Alter Bridge vibe to it.
But imagine Myles Kennedy being sent on vacation, Scott given a bucket of caffeine and Mark allowed to put his metal riffs into the mix together with his warm, baritone voice.
And always, always remember, to put melody first.

There you go.

This album might not be called a classic, but it's fun to listen to, has a lot of true passion in it and has 'Tremonti's songwriting' written all over it - no matter if it's straight metal (I Wish You Well), dark alternative rock (The Things I've Seen) or a hard rock ballad (New Way Out).

You may complain that the songs are a bit too predictible or that thez blend together at the end of the record but IT IS a solid, good record. Metal heads will complain about the melodies, rock radio fans will complain on heaviness. But that's what Tremonti is - a great guitar player torn between metal and melodiousness.
And yes, Tremonti can sing!

After first listen you may be a bit disappointed but it does grow on you, to become a huge positive surprise after a week or so.

Live At The Minack [DVD]
Live At The Minack [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seth Lakeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music in awesome scenery., 22 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Live At The Minack [DVD] (DVD)
I always enjoyed Seth's music even though I'm a more rock-oriented listener.
Honesty, passion, great musicianship and celtic spirit - it's all there.
I bought this dvd as an additional item in a bigger order, taking advantage of a very nice drop in price. I must have been blessed that day. It turned out to be the best item I received in that whole higly participated package.
The quality of music is wonderful as well as the quality of the dvd. The only thing you want after watching 'Live At The Minack' is to go there and see the awesome theatre on the clif where the show took place.

Highly recommended to any fan of folk-based passionate music. Pure talent.

One Day Remains
One Day Remains
Offered by onepeecd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut album, 13 Jan. 2011
This review is from: One Day Remains (Audio CD)
This is one of my favourite cd's ever. If you want to start your adventure with Alter Bridge or Myles Kennedy this is probably a good place to start - band's debut album holds some slight echo of Creed but is a different record as a whole. Tremonti finally does what he wants, the chemistry in the band is incredible, music is heavy and melodic at the same time, vocals are soaring and simply stunning.
It is almost possible to hear how Kennedy tries to fit in - even if most of the songs are already written and the three other guys have known each other for ages. He doesn't play the guitar, he doesn't add much to the songs - yet a new quality can already be heard. On the second record we will have a fully integrated band which records a true masterpiece. Here you can see how they grow to become one of the greatest bands in rock today.
6 years have passed since I heard the record for the first time and it still grows on me.
You may need few listens to fully apprecciate it (which is hard to understand since it is such a melodic record as a whole)ut it is worth it.
This in not Creed. This is not for money or ego. This is for the love of music.

Laws Of Illusion
Laws Of Illusion

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing yet enjoyable, 11 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Laws Of Illusion (Audio CD)
Some people considered 'Afterglow' a poor record (I never agreed). I wonder what they are thinking now.

As usual I had great expectations when it comes to Sarah's new record but usually do not allow all the expectations cloud my judgment. I took "Laws..." with strong belief that it must be good - we are talking Sarah McLachlan here - probably on of the most beautiful female vocals in history of music and a writer whose songs are on a scale from haunting to perfect.

Unfortunately this album came out to be a huge disappointment. No matter how many times I listen to it - it still fails to give me the thrill. Songs are no longer distinctive, harmonies are not what they used to be. Vocals are still emotional but I wouldn't exactly call them soulful.

I can see almost no haunting melodies in here. Don't get me wrong - I don't really mind some songs sounding similar but it's hard to bear when they are also mediocre (at best).
Definite standouts must be 'Love Come" (both of them) and 'Rivers Of Love' - probably because they could easily be put on 'Surfacing' or 'Fumbling..' and no one would notice they weren't there before.
Single 'Loving You Is Easy' and strong opening track "Awakenings" bring a more risky approach and deliver some passionate vocals.

The rest of the songs really just blends together... "Forgiveness" is perhaps memorable and is supposed to be a centre of the album but sounds to me as a desperate try to create a song which would go along 'Angel', 'Answer' or 'Possession".

Gone are the great lyrics... Subject of divorce is heavily overdone here - not surprising as her life always strongly influenced her music. This time though it cannot work - there is no way you can feel like you are diving into poetry.

I though about giving this album two stars but decided to go with three - if you forget that this is Sarah McLachlan you can easily enjoy this album as a good pop record full of terrific singing - the Voice is still in a perfect shape.

Personally I'm waiting for a next record. This cd may be soon layered with dust on my cd-shelf.