Profile for SUZANNAH ATKIN > Reviews

Content by SUZANNAH ATKIN

SUZANNAH ATKIN

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Duvet Day Teenagers Fun New Novelty Quilt Duvet Cover and 2 Pillowcase Bedding Set, Polyester-Cotton, Multi-Colour, Double
Offered by Courtleigh@Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and unusual, 15 July 2016
Exactly as described. Looks lovely. Fun item for teenagers! And our cat actually sits in that place!

Fish - Delicious recipes for fish and shellfish
Fish - Delicious recipes for fish and shellfish
by Mat Follas

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Mat Follas and his book is as fab as I would have expected., 3 Jun. 2016
Lovely Mat Follas, the winner of Masterchef has come up with a lovely book full of recipes that do not need expensive gadgets or a degree in cooking. Most, if not all of these recipes are very doable for most cooks.
We are attempting the recipe on the front cover tonight.

Lovely illustrations of each dish for those who like pictures and not a huge list of ingredients.

If you like fish, you will like this.

The Square: Savoury: 1
The Square: Savoury: 1
by Philip Howard

4.0 out of 5 stars so only useful for professional chefs or brilliant amateurs, 3 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The Square: Savoury: 1 (Hardcover)
Lovely book, but not for me, so returning it. I knew it would be difficult, and it is, so only useful for professional chefs or brilliant amateurs.

However, for me the layout was not as easy to read as The French Laundry and was not a beautiful as 11 Madison Park.
For that reason I am returning it.

However, it is a really beautiful book and the recipes are gorgeous. Sourcing the ingredients might not be easy, but for those who are good enough, this is a wonderful book and full of challenging recipes.

Anyone who can cook this well is welcome to come and cook for me!

Donna Hay Simple Dinners: 140+ New Recipes, Clever Ideas and Speedy Solutions for Every Day
by Donna Hay

5.0 out of 5 stars Another stunning book, 26 May 2016
I have about 10 of Donna Hay books and they are all very beautifully broken down into easy to read sections. For those who cannot live without photographs, you will not be disappointed. Donna has pictures of every single item in the book, which makes it easy to find a recipe you fancy trying.
Donna Hay is a genius because she uses very few ingredients and yet manages to pack a huge flavour into all of her food. And another great thing about her recipes is that we find that we can either add or subtract from her recipes. Sometimes we add and sometimes we simply do not put in certain ingredients. In other words, she is very versatile.

So far we have been very pleased with the recipes.

Nothing too challenging either.

Pasta, Rice and Noodles (Simple Essentials)
Pasta, Rice and Noodles (Simple Essentials)
by Donna Hay

5.0 out of 5 stars Donna Hay is simply a great writer and a woman who understand that real people ..., 26 May 2016
Donna Hay is simply a great writer and a woman who understand that real people do not have time or money to spend on lots of ingredients and lots of tricky techniques.
All of her food, although looking simple, tastes amazing.
A great little book to own.

The Chillout Album: The Essential Late Night Mix
The Chillout Album: The Essential Late Night Mix
Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars Back to the Good Old Days!, 26 May 2016
Love this. Brings back some happy memories.

Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook
Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook
by Daniel Humm

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 26 May 2016
This is probably not something I will ever cook - I am not in their league. However, I love this book. I bought it for my 15 year old who has always wanted to go to 11 Madison Park - however, a trip to New York for supper is out of our league!!!!!!!!! But she was enthralled with the book and it has pride of place in our kitchen on display.

The super thing about this book is that you can break it down if you want to just use a couple of their concepts. There are recipes in there that I could cook and miss out the tricky bits.

It is a lovely book to read, and the writers do understand that this is not for everyone!

However, it is a gorgeous book, broken down into seasons. Stunning photography. A really super book to own. Just dont expect to cook from it, unless you are a chef or a Masterchef contestant!

Chillout Album 2
Chillout Album 2
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased it and really liked it. It was at a time in my ..., 6 May 2016
This review is from: Chillout Album 2 (Audio CD)
A trip down memory lane! I bought this a long time ago - on tape! It was at one of those petrol stations where they sold tapes that one never saw in high street shops. I purchased it and really liked it. It was at a time in my life when I did not have a care in the word.

Obviously many years later, my tape deck no longer worked and cd's had taken over, so it got put in a a box and not played.

It was quite a surprise - considering it was not what I would call a well known album, to see it in cd form. Obviously I had to buy it - and it took me back to very happy times.

Someone did say in their review that they did not like it because it was not a chillout album - I wont go into genre wars - but I have to agree. I would not say that this is strictly chillout music. It has a lot of fabulous remixes and some really great tracks, but not all chillout.
However, I love this album and I am delighted that it has come out in cd format.

Line of Duty Series 1
Line of Duty Series 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant drama. It doesnt spare its punches, 6 May 2016
Brilliant drama. It doesnt spare its punches. Shot around Birmingham, it is one of the best police dramas I have ever seen. It doesnt pander to those wanting a happy ending with all the loose ends tied up. I watched all episodes in two days I was so intrigued.
Not for those wanting a nice cuddly police story.
This is violent in parts with swearing. The acting is brilliant, every character is strong and believable. If you know Birmingham then you will recognise some of the locations.
I never watched the series as I just thought it was another cop drama - a friend said how good it was. Not wanting to watch series 3, I thought I would start with the first series. Wow!

Totally worth watching.

The Soup Bible (Step By Step)
The Soup Bible (Step By Step)
by Murdoch Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of the best books I have brought, 19 Mar. 2016
Probably one of the best books I have brought. And, not by some famous chef! I have tried many of the recipes and all of them are gorgeous. They are separated into categories

Hearty soups
Light soups
Meat soups
Poultry soups
Seafood soups
Vegetable soups
Breads and accompaniments

I have cooked the chicken soup over and over again - the recipe is super and healthy!

The pictures in the book cover every recipe - if you like pictures and the ingredients seem very easy to source. I like to cook from scratch so that I know what is in my food, and this book is brilliant for that. I now have my own fairly quick and cheap chicken stock recipe which I make and freeze. Once you have the stock, most of the recipes are pretty quick and easy.

If you live by the coast, you will love the fish recipes. I say this because I live inland and fresh fish means a long trip to the fish market. Supermarkets do not stock what I call fresh fish!

Some of the soups are literally just that - soups which are great for starters, others are good substitutes for a main! Serve in a big bowl with rice, vegetables and bread and you have a very filling supper!

There is lots for vegetarians and gluten free.

A really lovely book to have. And if you are not a master chef, do not worry as a lot of these recipes do not seem to require many techniques nor lots of ingredients.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5