Profile for Alan > Reviews

Content by Alan

Alan

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
SQUIER BY FENDER VINTAGE MODIFIED 72 THINLINE NATURAL Electric guitars Retro - new vintage
Offered by RST Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Guitar!, 4 Aug. 2017
This guitar is special and if you're even slightly turned off by the Squier logo.......get over yourself!
This thing oozes class and plays beautifully. It arrived fairly well set up out of the box. The only thing I had to do was adjust the height of the pickups as they weren't to my liking but other than that, pretty much perfect.
The neck on this guitar is lovely to play on. I've never played on a glossy neck before but I must admit, I'm sold. And those wide range humbuckers produce some lovely tones and some rock'n ones too.
Grab one of these while you can, you won't regret it!

Samsung S6 Edge Plus 32GB Gold UK Sim-Free Smartphone
Samsung S6 Edge Plus 32GB Gold UK Sim-Free Smartphone
Offered by KICKmobiles® London

5.0 out of 5 stars Switching back to this from s8+, 18 May 2017
I've had the S6 edge+ in titanium silver for over a year and can honestly say, it's the best phone I've used by a country mile.
I gave the S7 edge a miss coz it I didn't feel it was enough of an upgrade.
So when the s8+ came out, I decided it was time to keep up and not fall behind.
So I sold my S6 edge plus and got the latest and greatest.
The s8 plus is a beautiful phone and all but, it just didn't wow me the way the edge+ did.
While the infinity display is cool and all, the screen on the edge+ is brighter, more colorful and 16:9. The camera is also 16:9. In my opinion, the edge+ has the best display of any phone to this day and I for one actually like the home button!
I was lucky enough to come across another titanium silver edge+ and snapped it up straight away. I've sent back my s8+ for a refund and ended up 300 quid better off and still have a super phone.
The only thing that I'll miss about the s8+ is how comfortable it was to hold compared to the edge+. There's quite a difference but, it's a trade off I can live with.
This phone is 2 generations old and yet to be beaten!

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo Magic at its absolute best!, 6 Mar. 2017
I am almost 39 years old and I've been gaming a long time. I'm not a fanboy of any sort because I love all consoles. I have no interest in PC gaming.
It's been a very long time since any game has kept me stuck to my screen for a whole day. I don't have the time for a start. But today, I couldn't bring myself to turn it off.
This is my third day playing it and I'm loving every second of it.
I bought the last guardian recently and I was never so bored. Some games are worth the wait and breath of the wild is definitely one of those.
The graphics are incredible and being able to bring it with you anywhere, is the icing on the cake!
This is what I'll be doing on my lunch break for weeks to come.
If you're on the fence about the switch, don't be. This console is on to a winner. There isn't a huge amount of games available just yet. But this game alone is worth the entry fee.
Ocarina of time was my all time favorite game followed by metal gear solid on psone and many others. But I think this will Trump any of those easily. It's a huge game too and I don't think I'll finish it for quite some time.
If you like any zelda games from the past..... You'll love this. It goes to show..... The most powerful console means nothing if you don't have the games.

Hisense 65 inch Widescreen 4K  Smart LED TV with Freeview HD - Silver
Hisense 65 inch Widescreen 4K Smart LED TV with Freeview HD - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Hisense......But not the last!, 14 Feb. 2017
This TV is an amazing bargain. Do Not be put off by the brand name. I always go for big brands but for this price.......I took a chance. Best move ever!
The picture and sound on this tv is as good as I have seen. It took me a while to find a picture setting I was happy with but, once I changed to dynamic picture and changed a few settings.....I was blown away.
There is minimal clouding or light bleed on this set. The 55'' LG this is replacing had terrible bleeding. Considering this is such a big tv, I expected light bleed and clouding but, I'm very impressed with the lack of either.
I have also bought an LG OLED TV for another room and thought it would be way better than this hisense. If i'm honest, I couldn't pick a favourite.
Yes the OLED has the best blacks but the hisense gets way brighter and has brilliant whites which the OLED just cannot produce.
The built in netflix and youtube work brilliantly and fast. There are also some great 4k demos on youtube to show off what it can do.
If you want a big TV at an amazing price then......get this. I can't imagine a better deal out there.

LG 55EG910V 55 inch 1080p Full HD OLED Curved Smart TV WebOS (2015 Model) - Silver
Offered by Tvsandmore
Price: £1,145.00

4.0 out of 5 stars One step forward......, 7 Jan. 2017
First things first. This TV is beautiful to look at even before you turn it on!
I've only had it 2 days now and I still find myself messing around with picture settings trying to get things as good as possible.
Ps4 and Wii u games look really nice on this TV. I watched avatar on Blu Ray through the ps4 and didn't think it looked as good as I expected. However I played it again through my Panasonic player and it looked a lot better and smoother.
The big thing about Oled TV's that everybody goes on about is how deep the blacks are. And yes, they are as black as can be. The colours and contrast are amazing.
The problem is, the same can't be said about whites. This TV does not like bright images. It's like plasma all over again. The screen just dims if the image is too bright. This is especially noticeable while playing games.
If I'd have known about this thing called abl before buying this TV, I might not have made the purchase. I like the deep blacks of this TV but also love the bright whites of my led this is replacing.
Other than this though, I'm loving the Oled screen and also the sound from such a slim TV is the best I've heard. I don't need a sound bar, which is a nice bonus.
Just go to equalizer in the sound menu and adjust until you're happy.
I wish I could give this 5 stars but, I definitely think it deserves one star less at least for the crappy dimming feature that cannot be disabled! There are some people online that claim to have disabled it in the hidden service menu but, they're talking through their hoo haas! I've tried everything.
If you can live without deep blacks, then I'm sure there is better value to be had elsewhere.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2017 12:45 PM BST

Telltale Games Minecraft Story Mode, PS4 - video games (PS4, PlayStation 4, Adventure, telltalegames, RP (Rating Pending), DEU, Basic)

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a disgrace of a game. There is ..., 28 Oct. 2016
This is a disgrace of a game. There is actually no point in owning the disc, as you have to download everything apart from the first episode.
You get to play only the first 5 and then you have to pay extra for the rest.
I hope this game doesn't sell well as it will only encourage developers to squeeze every last penny out of people for what should already be on the disc!

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PSVR)
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PSVR)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic stuff!!, 22 Oct. 2016
This is by far the best vr game I've played and probably won't be surpassed for a long time.
I really wasn't expecting it to be so good.
Played it with a mate last night with a good few beers and it was the best fun I've had in ages.
It's a good laugh watching somebody else nearly jump out of their skin.
Do not hesitate to buy this game......... Get it now!

Sony SRS-XB3 Portable Wireless Speaker with Bluetooth - Red
Sony SRS-XB3 Portable Wireless Speaker with Bluetooth - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars When Sony do something right..... Nobody can touch them!, 7 Oct. 2016
I've been through a good few Bluetooth speakers in the last few years and I have to say for the price and it's size, this is top notch.
The clarity is unmatched by anything I've heard in this size. I've had the bose soundlink mini and III, a braven 850 and 805, a few other sony's and the UE boombox (the one with the handle).
Without question, the UE Boombox is the king of speakers soundwise but the battery isn't so good. The braven's have unbelievable battery life but sound isn't as good as UE.
This little Sony seems to have everything... Great sound and battery life. I don't use the Xtra bass feature as I feel it loses its clarity and has enough bass already. I recommend using an equalizer to get the sound that you like.
I use an Xperia tablet with sony's built in eq and the results are fantastic compared to using my s6 edge.
I haven't used the speaker outside yet so I can't say how it will perform in that situation but, in my decent size living room..... It really fills the place with excellent sound. I'm pretty fussy about my sound and this really satisfies.
Just remember that it's not a hifi! It's a small Bluetooth speaker and is not meant to replace your hifi.
Having said that, I haven't turned on my hifi since. That's how good it is!
The only genre of music I don't think suits this speaker is hard rock and metal.
I feel that it struggles a little bit to keep up with some of that.
Everything else is fantastic though. 100% recommended!

RayGar Guitar Stand Foldable Universal A-Frame Style Guitar Stand Black for Acoustic Electric Guitars - New
Offered by RayGar

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 11 July 2016
Very handy little stands that don't take up much space.

Rayman Legends (PS4)
Rayman Legends (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars One word....... MASTERPIECE!, 11 July 2016
This review is from: Rayman Legends (PS4) (Video Game)
No other platformer comes close to this. This game is as close to perfection as can be. Ubisoft really put a lot of love and effort into this game and it probably won't sell massively as people will probably rush out to buy the next FIFA or Cod instead, even though it's the same crap regurgitated every year!
If you want to have fun playing a game (which is what games are all about), then look no further. Incredible stuff!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4