Profile for Ulla Bjørg Gundersen > Reviews

Content by Ulla Bjørg Gun...

Ulla Bjørg Gundersen "Clicka" (Tonsberg Norway)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Good Wife - Season 3 [DVD]
The Good Wife - Season 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julianna Margulies

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss this series!, 7 May 2016
Love it. Have seen all but the last season. The actors are great. The plots intelligent. And it is kind of funny inbetween.

The Good Wife - Season 4 [DVD]
The Good Wife - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julianna Margulies

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the series, 7 May 2016
Love the series. Great actors and superb action and plots. My husband and I have been binge watching this when there is nothing else on regular TV.

Tales of the City/More Tales of the City Collection [DVD]
Tales of the City/More Tales of the City Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laura Linney

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed watching this., 7 May 2016
When you start watching, remember this is "tongue in cheeck". It will grow on you, despite yourself. I had a hard time with the change of actors in the middle, though.

Sirius (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
Sirius (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
by Olaf Stapledon

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 7 May 2016
This got boring rather fast. Perhaps too old fashioned. Too perusive.

Ancillary Justice: THE HUGO, NEBULA AND ARTHUR C. CLARKE AWARD WINNER: 1 (Imperial Radch)
by Ann Leckie

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the read., 7 May 2016
It was hard going to start with. Some concepts took some getting used to, but then it got better. I have now also read the second part of the triology, and even though there are interesting stories in each book, the overall plot is a bit difficult to get the hang of. Perhaps the author leaves a little too much to us to read between the lines. Which is sometimes difficult to do. Worth the read.

A Winter's Tale
A Winter's Tale
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 May 2016
This review is from: A Winter's Tale (Amazon Video)
This is a beautiful film. I'm going to watch it again soon.

Shaman: A novel of the Ice Age
Shaman: A novel of the Ice Age
by Kim Stanley Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars I really loved this book, 26 April 2016
I really loved this book. I have always been fascinated by the very early human history, pre ice-age and just after. Spain was never covered by the ice sheets so it is very interesting to visit the archaeological museums there. What this books does is showing us the people, that they were like us in all the important ways. I have tried to tell my students sometimes to picture themselves on a long hike, sitting around a bonfire, without their technology, and seeing that humans have been sitting like that for thousands and thousands of years. Shaman evokes this for me.
Also the plot is interesting enough to want you to read on, you get involved. So this has my very highest recommendation!

The 5th Wave (Book 1)
The 5th Wave (Book 1)
by Rick Yancey

5.0 out of 5 stars Good entertainment, 16 April 2016
This review is from: The 5th Wave (Book 1) (Paperback)
I'm just half way into the this, the first book, so far, but it is great. Even for a jaded reader like me who has read sci-fi since the sixties, and seriously since the seventies. Finally something that doesn't send me to sleep. Good entertainment.

The Time Traveler's Almanac

The Stars, Like Dust
The Stars, Like Dust
by Isaac Asimov

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing..., 19 July 2015
This review is from: The Stars, Like Dust (Paperback)
The ending was better than the previous 2/3, but frankly I was disappointed by this book. The characterization was stodgy, cartoonish. Read more like a movie than a novel. Seems like authors also learn from experience and from doing. I have enjoyed his other books more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3