Profile for ken > Reviews

On Being a Photographer: a Practical Guide
On Being a Photographer: a Practical Guide
by David Hurn

5.0 out of 5 stars What an interesting read, 27 Aug. 2017
I enjoyed reading this book as it gives a sound insight into a professional photography's mind re their take on the art of photography. Not all of it applied to myself as I don't use film and it only briefly covers digital photography and shows it's age when it does! However for a smalll book it covers enough points and gave me plenty of thought to ponder thus making it a highly recommended book for those interested in improving their photography. Highly recommended in my opinion.

Fujifilm Fujinon XF35 mm F2 R WR lens - Black
Fujifilm Fujinon XF35 mm F2 R WR lens - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The size is a big plus for me as I no longer wish to lug around a large camera and heavy lens and I now enjoy having a truly top, 21 July 2017
Have only used this lens a few times since buying so please bear in mind when/if you read this. However I have been totally blown away by the clarity and quality of the shots taken with this little lens. The size is a big plus for me as I no longer wish to lug around a large camera and heavy lens and I now enjoy having a truly top class camera (XT 1) with good quality glass which is light and easy to take anywhere I go.
I read a lot of reviews prior to buying this lens so would suggest you read other reviews which are more detailed if you are looking for specific technical details to make your decision on, however if you purchase it i really don't think you will be disappointed.

Hoya 43mm UV(C) Digital HMC Screw-in Filter
Hoya 43mm UV(C) Digital HMC Screw-in Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well., 21 July 2017
The filter does what it should, which is to protect my valuable lens without impacting on the quality of my shots. All good and would recommend.

iPhone SE Case, Premium, Black Italian Leather Flip down Case by TORRO (To fit iPhone SE, iPhone 5S and iPhone 5)
Offered by TORRO Cases

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 28 Jun. 2017
The product looks really good, it fits my iPhone SE very well and smells nice (do like the smell of leather). It's very early days yet and my previous case was still going well after a year so this new one has a lot to live up to. Its a different type to ones I generally buy (pouch type cases) but overall I think at this stage I made a good purchase. If it falls apart on me I will let you know here.

Memory Card Carrying Case - Suitable for SDHC and SD Cards - 8 Pages and 22 Slots - ECO-FUSED Microfiber Cleaning Cloth Included (Black)
Offered by ECO-FUSED UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact little case, 21 Mar. 2017
Does the job in keeping all your cards in one place. Not sure how often I will use it now I have a 64gb memory card but worth the money.

SanDisk Extreme PRO 64 GB SDXC Memory Card up to 95 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30
SanDisk Extreme PRO 64 GB SDXC Memory Card up to 95 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Mar. 2017
Great memory card and really improves my storage capability of my beloved X100.

Visconti Leather Messenger Bag Workplace 18548 Harvard - Oil Brown (Mud)
Visconti Leather Messenger Bag Workplace 18548 Harvard - Oil Brown (Mud)
Offered by The Real Handbag Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars A stylish and quality item., 21 Mar. 2017
I did a lot of research prior to buying this bag. Reviews mentioned issued with peoples clothes being stained by the colour and others remarked that they wished they had gone for the larger version. I took all the comments on board and after some thought I purchased this "man bag". I am so glad I did as it is a very decent size for my needs as holds my diary, A4 size note books and plenty of room and pockets for phones, pens, smaller books and lunch box etc. Have had no issues with the stain although I have been wearing dark coats and tops so I would not notice even if it did rub off. The quality is excellent and I love the smell of the leather.
I am also a tall guy (6.4") and 9whilst I have the strap at its limit it hangs comfortably on my hip and does not hang half way up my back which is what I was most concerned about. Although its early days I love this item and should anything happen to it I would surely purchase another.

Tinksky Men Masquerade Masks Party Masks Retro Roman Greek Style for Halloween Costume Fancy Dress Ball (Silver+Red)
Offered by blesssun

4.0 out of 5 stars So So - but aftercare service very good., 23 Jan. 2017
Wore this to a Christmas ball, its ok but the red painting was patchy and it was not of a high standard in my eyes.

Update - February 2017 - I have been contacted by the seller regarding my above review and offered a refund due to my issue with the mask. I consider this as good service and have therefore altered my original review rating to reflect the satisfaction I have now received.

Camera Release Shutter Button Red Concave Style for Leica M Fujifilm
Camera Release Shutter Button Red Concave Style for Leica M Fujifilm

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice touch, 23 Jan. 2017
Does what I wanted it to, add a tactile touch to my camera.

Arteck Ultra-Thin Apple iPad Air 2 / 9.7-inch iPad Pro Bluetooth Keyboard Folio Case Cover with Built-In Stand Groove for Apple iPad Air 2 with 130 Degree Swivel Rotating-Silver
Offered by ARTECK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 23 Jan. 2017
I really like this product even though I find myself taking it off constantly..........due to the fact iPad's are meant to be tethered to another object! Its a good product though and very useful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7