Profile for mccstuff > Reviews

Content by mccstuff

mccstuff (London)

Invicta Men's Pro Diver Automatic Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 8926

5.0 out of 5 stars For the money this is a greatwatch, I have had mine about a month ..., 21 Aug. 2015
For the money this is a great watch, I have had mine about a month now and have no problems with it whatsoever. More importantly at this price it looks great and more expensive than the £55 I paid. Very pleased with mine.

ZyXEL PLA470 v2 200 Mbps Powerline HomePlug 4 Port Ethernet Switch
ZyXEL PLA470 v2 200 Mbps Powerline HomePlug 4 Port Ethernet Switch

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the wireless option., 24 Jun. 2010
I bought this to network my 360 and my new TV. I tried to get it working out of the box but I did have a lot of trouble in the initial set up as my current pair of homeplugs (pla 401 v1's) run on old firmware compared to what is supplied with this, the pla 470. This resulted in the homeplugs not being able to see each other or hold a signal.

The problem was that I could not find Windows 7 (which is what I am running) firmware drivers and looking at the official website I could only find XP drivers. Pull your finger out Zyxel. Luckily for me my netbook runs on XP so I was able to update the firmware on my pair of 401's.

In use I would take a homeplug over wireless every time. A much better and stronger signal.

ZyXEL PLA-401 Twin Pack PowerLine HomePlug AV 200Mbps Ethernet Adapters
ZyXEL PLA-401 Twin Pack PowerLine HomePlug AV 200Mbps Ethernet Adapters

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and Stable, 25 Feb. 2009
I've had these since late last year and can say that they have been very solid and stable in use since then. If you are considering leaving the unreliable world of wireless connections behind, you could not do much better than these.

My only problem with them was setting them up, it took 2 or 3 evenings of frustration and trying lots of different things to get my PC to see the router. In the end, I switched the one connected to the PC on and off and low and behold, the PC saw the router! As I'd tried this before I could not say if that was the one thing that made them work.

I have also tried them with my Xbox 360 and they worked straight from the box, which made it puzzling why they didn't work straight away with the PC. I suppose there are more things to go wrong or settings to change with a PC.

I'm going to knock off a star for the set up process as they are supposed to be 'plug 'n' play' and for me they were not. In use however, I would give them five stars, they have been excellent.

Philex Tilt, Swivel & Rotate LCD wall bracket up to 24"
Philex Tilt, Swivel & Rotate LCD wall bracket up to 24"

4.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job, 23 Nov. 2006
I bought one of these for my 15" LCD TV. It's a good bracket for where you don't want the TV to be too far away from the wall (ie where space might be tight) and you still want to be able to tilt & swivel the TV. Although this bracket won't offer the range of movement that one with an arm would.

You will have to buy screws/bolts to mount the bracket to the wall though, so bear this in mind. It supports 75mm and 100mm fixings, so check your TV before purchasing.

NEC ND-4551 16x Internal Super Multi DVD Writer with Labelflash inc software, beige

4.0 out of 5 stars Good all round performer, 12 April 2006
This is a good drive, it even managed to read other cd/dvd's that my old drive couldn't.

Writing performance is good although I would like a seperate red light when burning, it only has a green light that shines when reading and burning.

Not yet tried any labelflash disc's, so I can't comment on that. In all other uses, a solid performer.

Suspended By Stars
Suspended By Stars
Offered by RWL-123 FAST POST FROM UK-majority NEW are SEALED Expedited Delivery available

5.0 out of 5 stars Return to Form, 31 Mar. 2006
This review is from: Suspended By Stars (Audio CD)
Anyone who listened to Escape From Rubbish Island as I did may have got a sinking feeling when first playing Suspended by Stars.
But it didn't take long for that feeling to be replaced by smiles, this album marks a return to form.
As others have said songs like 'Blah Blah...' 'Tricks of the Trade' and my 2 favourites 'We Hold Each Other Up' and 'Last Second of the Minute' are just classic Wonder Stuff songs.
If you've had any interest the the band before, buy this album.