Profile for Reviewser > Reviews

Leifheit Wardrobe, Black
Leifheit Wardrobe, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but has terrible instructions, 21 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to be honest, this product may as well not come with instructions. OK, so they aren't the worst I've seen but I pretty much ignored them after 5 mins and worked it out for myself. A bit poor really as that's one of the key things I'd expect a company to get right.

Once you do, probably after a little trial and error, get this together, you'll be left with a slightly flimsy fabric wardrobe. Now this in itself is no bad thing, I can imagine this is actually going to come in very handy, as it can be fairly easily dismantled so quite useful for when you have longer term guests and not much free wardrobe space to offer them.

The build quality is OK and it's fairly logical, I don't think you'd choose to have this as your main only wardrobe, but either for those that travel from place to place regularly but stay in each location at least for a few weeks.

Either way, it's not a bad wardrobe, it's just fairly flimsy and the instructions are pretty useless. As such, 4 stars.

Nexxus Emergencée Hair Masque for Damaged Hair 190g
Nexxus Emergencée Hair Masque for Damaged Hair 190g

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hair care product, 21 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Now I have tried a lot of hair care products but this one really impressed me.

Basically, I think it's fair to describe this as a conditioner, and it does a great job of treating my hair far more than my usual ones would. It looks and smells like a conditioner but you leave it in your hair for up to 5 mins, once down rinse out as usual.

It left my hair feeling very soft but also not as frizzy as it usually is. I'm really impressed. I think it is adding to the strength of the hair too but am not sure of that yet.

On the whole, I think this is a good product that does seem to work, the inoffensive scent and fairly short amount of time this takes to work means I'm happy to recommend it.

BCAA Ultimate | 5,000mg BCAAs Serving | The Ultimate BCAA Supplement | 40 Servings (200 BCAA Tablets)
Offered by BuySupps

4.0 out of 5 stars Big tablets, but they do seem to work, 21 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So, these tablets are basically designed to be taken as part of a high-protein diet. The idea is that these help with building muscle as part of that diet and also help maintenance.

Now don't get me wrong, the theory is great, but the tablets are pretty big and you need to take five a day.

However I do think these are having a positive impact, and as such I can't really knock them despite their large size and the amount you need to take. I think if you are pretty serious about building muscle, this could be a good choice.

Skin Republic Hand Repair 18g
Skin Republic Hand Repair 18g

3.0 out of 5 stars Seem OK but not astonishing., 21 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So this is a one use product that comes in a plastic package and contains two gloves you put on and leave on for 20 minutes.

In theory, they are supposed to help 'hand repair' and help moisturise the skin.

In practice, the oversized gloves do indeed achieve this, yet I found the effect only lasted a couple of hours and there didn't seem to be a long-term effect.

They smell nice, and I guess they are an OK treatment, but it's not something I'd go out of my way to purchase.

Philips Series 5000 NT5171/15 Nose, Ear & Eyebrow Trimmer with Facial Styler
Philips Series 5000 NT5171/15 Nose, Ear & Eyebrow Trimmer with Facial Styler

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality nose and ear trimmers - a very complete kit, 18 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had a few of these Philips nose and ear trimmers, but this adds a new dimension by adding beard trimming too.

I love these little kits as they do exactly what you want them to do, at a pretty reasonable cost. This kit also includes an eyebrow comb, thankfully I don't need one but I think it's a great idea for those with unruly eyebrows that need to be trimmed.

It even comes with a little case and a battery - they really have thought of everything.

Basically, if you need an ear and nose trimmer, and also look after sideburns, a beard or unruly eyebrows you could do a lot worse than this.

My old one I've had for about 4 years, which leads me to think this should be equally well made and long-lasting. As such, I can happily recommend this.

AmazonBasics iPad 2017 PU Leather Case Auto Wake/Sleep Cover, Navy, 9.7"
AmazonBasics iPad 2017 PU Leather Case Auto Wake/Sleep Cover, Navy, 9.7"

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality case, 18 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I quite like this slimline iPad case. The quality was surprisingly good - though do note this is PU leather - which basically means the hide is covered with a thin plastic layer to improve the wear and tear ability.

The case does fit my iPad well, I've only had the iPad a month so it's quite good to have a case for it as my old iPad case didn't fit as well. It does add some thickness but not too much overall.

I feel like the stand design could perhaps be a little better as it wasn't as sturdy as I would have liked.

On the whole, I'm very pleased with it and am happy to recommend it, it's good, it's not quite as good as the genuine apple cases though. Hence why i've given it 4 stars

Nokia BPM+ - Compact Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor
Nokia BPM+ - Compact Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic blood pressure monitor that integrate well into a connected health environment, 17 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love the Withings suite of health devices and actually own 4 of them at the moment, they were taken over by Nokia recently so most products have had minor updates and name changes, this is one of them.

This is the first time I've reviewed their blood pressure monitor (BPM) but this one is brilliant. I have had a few other ones in the past but they've mostly been wrist based.

Thankfully using this is just as simple as other Nokia health products, the health mate app has had a few updates in the last couple of months and is now very good. Pairing is quickly and simply dealt with over bluetooth and an intuitive onscreen guide. Once you're up and running you have a few options such as how many readings it takes. Then it's simply a matter of strapping it round your arm and pressing go.

The readings are clearly very accurate and seem to be more consistent than the wrist worn devices I have. However, the true value in this is through the healthmate app.

If you have a few more devices you can really see cause and effect, for instance I have an aura with sleep sensor, some smart scales with CO2 and Temperature sensor and this, plus the step counter via my phone. That means all that data together can give me a good picture of health status and how all these elements correlate. Of course all this data can then be fed into another app like Apple health which can bring together further elements such as nutritional data if you track it as well as other devices.

So basically, if you want to accurately track your blood pressure, heart rate, etc. this is a great device, and it works even better if you build out into the whole ecosystem. I completely recommend this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2017 10:44 PM BST

Russell Hobbs Dorchester Kettle, Polished Stainless Steel, 1.7 Litre, 3000 Watt
Russell Hobbs Dorchester Kettle, Polished Stainless Steel, 1.7 Litre, 3000 Watt

3.0 out of 5 stars A 5 star kettle hampered by a lack of water indicator, 17 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have an issue with this, and it's pretty major, and that is the incomprehensible choice of not including a water level indicator....

It's a little surreal, I can't understand why they chose not to do so.

The kettle, other than this is perfect, it boils quickly - as advertised - in-fact it boils quicker than a much more expensive quick boil kettle we have.

The design is good it has a lid you have to take off completely but I'm fine with that, I just don't understand the lack of water level indicator.

For that reason, 3 stars. the rest of it is a 5 star kettle but to me that's a major flaw.

National Gallery Dot-To-Dot: Great Paintings (Dot to Dot Books)
National Gallery Dot-To-Dot: Great Paintings (Dot to Dot Books)
by National Gallery

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly complicated dot to dot, 13 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wasn't ready to receive this. I've only just got my head round the mindfulness colouring in books, but those haven't prepared me for this

When I saw dot to dot, I didn't expect up to 1,600 dots to be followed. This book is brilliant but it'll take a fair bit of patience to fill out.

Most are A3 sized and up to 1,000 dots, the main one however is double paged and about 1,600 dots.

It's good fun and it tells you what to do with a good introduction, sure to keep adults busy a long time and kids even longer - though probably not one for kids to be honest.

Elgento E17005 Deep Fat Fryer, 3.5 L - Stainless Steel
Elgento E17005 Deep Fat Fryer, 3.5 L - Stainless Steel
Offered by Electrical Emporium

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically simple to use, 13 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This deep fat fryer is perfect in our view.

It's a small/medium size but that is more than enough to make enough chips for all four of us in one go - which is great and a hell of a lot cheaper than buying them from the local chippie - and a lot nicer too.

The heat control is good giving you the ability to tailor this to different recipes, and everything is dishwasher proof! That's probably the best part as it make cleaning up so so much easier!!!

On the whole I'm really pleased with this, easy to use, well made and a two year guarantee to boot. the delicious chips we can now make is worth it alone!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20