Profile for Dandraw > Reviews

Content by Dandraw

Dandraw

Page: 1 | 2
6 CELL REPLACEMENT LAPTOP POWER BATTERY FOR DELL LATITUDE D820 D830 D531 D531N TC030 CF623 DF192 5200MAH
Offered by EPC (UK) GRP LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement for an old dead battery., 8 Jan. 2016
This item was delivered very promptly from the supplier Yes UK Direct. The new battery has now been fully cycled from full charge down to about 2 to 5% charge and then recharged back up to 100% on half a dozen occasions. I try to fully cycle batteries, especially when new, as it does seem to help prolong their longevity. When switched off the new battery seems to hold its charge very well, still showing 99 or 100% after a few days unused after a full charge. This replacement also gives a reasonable on-battery use of 2 - 3 hours or more depending on what is being run during that time, which compares well with the original Dell battery.

BEIKE BK-03 Photography Tripod Ball Head Ballhead+Quick Release Plate Pro Camera Tripod Max to 8KG

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my requirements, 6 Oct. 2014
I was absolutely amazed at the quality of this tripod head for the price.
Very firm when locked in position and smooth operation of the horizontal pan action which also has rotation guide marks denoting the angle of turn.
I bought this particular head because of the "Arca Swiss" compatible release plate. I have a "Cotton Carrier" hand grip on my Canon DSLR which is attached to the tripod screw. The design of this hand grip incorporates the aforementioned tripod mount plate which is therefore permanently on the camera. The camera can now be quickly fitted to the tripod using this ball head without having to fit an additional adaptor to the camera. The mount plate that comes with the ball head is fitted to another camera so they can be conveniently interchanged on the tripod.

SMALLRIG® 1/4" to 3/8" Convert Screw (5 Pack) Adapter for Tripod and Camera and Quick Release Plate
Offered by Hielec(Ship from China)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Adaptors, 6 Oct. 2014
Not much to say - they do what they are designed to do.
I only required one, but at the price I got a set of five so I now have spares.
The adaptors are quite a tight fit and don't seem smooth to screw in, but maybe that isn't a bad thing as once in they stay put unlike the one in another tripod head which I have which won't stay in place when the head is removed.
The only down side is the time they took to arrive which, although in line with the expected delivery date, was longer than I would have preferred.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant device which I would highly recommend to all avid ..., 9 July 2014
Brilliant device which I would highly recommend to all avid readers. I previously had the original version of the Kindle which I thought was great but this version is so much better. The back light is a big improvement and the touch screen is so much easier to use than the keyboard on the old model. The smaller size and weight without reducing the screen size is also a great improvement. Overall an excellent product.

APC BE700G-UK 405 Watts /700 VA,Input 230V /Output 230V, Interface Port USB Power-Saving Back-UPS
Offered by Ebuyer UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 24 Jan. 2014
I have recently bought two of these. The first one was primarily to support a NAS, PC and network switch. Within days of installation, there was a power failure and I was able to safely perform a logical shutdown of the hardware. The NAS is connected via USB to the UPS so should perform a logical shutdown in the event of a prolonged power failure should I not be around when it happens.

Since my Broadband hub, time capsule and HD recorder (which are in a different room) were still not protected, I purchased a second one. Should the power fail, I will retain full access for a long enough period to be able to safely shut down the hardware until power is restored.

D-Link ShareCenter 2 Bay Cloud Network Storage Enclosure
D-Link ShareCenter 2 Bay Cloud Network Storage Enclosure

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 24 Jan. 2014
My requirement was for a bigger drive to back up my files from multiple PCs. I wanted redundancy in case a drive failed but didn't want to spend a fortune on this implementation. I also added an APC UPS to protect the NAS and other hardware from a power failure (which it did within days of the installation!) and gives time to safely shut down all hardware. This is connected to the USB port of the D-Link and is recognised by it, so it should perform a logical shut-down of the NAS if the power is off for a long period.

I bought the D-Link enclosure then added 2x Seagate NAS drives. Using the wizard, these were configured as raid 1, this basically gives two identical back-ups so if one drive fails the data can still be recovered from the other one. The wizard ran without a problem and configured the system as I required it. I would agree with other reviewers that the instructions aren't the best and that it can be a little confusing in places where it assumes you know what you are doing. It is, however easy enough to reconfigure the device after the initial set-up so if there are questions to which you don't know the answers, just respond "NO" at initial set-up and go back in later using the Web User interface if you need to change them.

After setting up a mydlink account and downloading the app to my apple devices, I was able to access files remotely without a problem. This, however, isn't the main purpose of the NAS in my system.

I am unable to comment about the D-Link back-up software provided, as I don't use it. My preference is to initiate the back-up from the client PC. Depending whether this is a laptop or desktop, it may be manual or scheduled. My preference for back-up software is "Cobian", which has always worked for me satisfactorily.

All in all, the D-Link provides a cost effective solution for my purposes.

Vax Genuine Stretch Hose (Type 1) - U91-MA,U90-MA, U89-MA Air
Vax Genuine Stretch Hose (Type 1) - U91-MA,U90-MA, U89-MA Air
Offered by WowDiscounts

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for stairs, 14 Dec. 2012
The stair have always been a problem to clean with the vacuum cleaner. Having tried portable rechargeable devices without too much success, I found this extension hose for our VAX Mach Air. It certainly makes the job a lot easier. Whilst it is still not long enough to reach all the way from the bottom to the top, it will reach more than half distance. Now, I wonder if two extensions could be used together to gain the additional reach? Maybe there would be too much suction loss but I might just order another one and try it out!

Lowepro 9 x 13cm Lens Case - Black
Lowepro 9 x 13cm Lens Case - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect accessory, 14 Dec. 2012
My camera kit had outgrown my Lowepro camera case and I required the means, on occasions, to transport an additional lens. Rather than buying a bigger case, I bought this lens case which will accommodate either of two of the principal lenses that I use on my camera, the other fitting in the main case attached to the camera. The lens case is approximately the same height and width as the main case and attaches to the main case using the "slip-lock" attachment which keeps it secure. If I don't want to carry the second lens around I can easily detach the lens case and leave it behind.

TP-LINK TL-SG1005D 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch
TP-LINK TL-SG1005D 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for a small price, 12 Feb. 2012
Before I looked at this product I would have said you couldn't get a gigabit switch for about £15. Thought I would take a punt on this item and haven't regretted it so far. It just works - What more can you ask!

Canon CanoScan LiDE 210 Scanner
Canon CanoScan LiDE 210 Scanner

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement for old scanner, 12 Feb. 2012
This scanner was purchased to replace an old Canon Scanner. By comparison this one is noticably quicker. Much, much quicker, in fact. The old one no longer had supported drivers for the latest version of Windows and it was becoming a complete pain to use, taking several minutes to configure each time prior to scanning. No such problems with the new one! Brilliant product at a reasonable price.

Page: 1 | 2